Reload this Page >

Modern Family (ABC) - Season 7 Thread - premieres 9/23/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-23-15, 07:08 AM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts

SEASON PREMIERE

HAYLEY AND ALEX'S RELATIONSHIP STATUSES GO BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN HOT AND COLD AS THE SUMMER COMES TO A CLOSE, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

Adam DeVine ("Pitch Perfect") and Justin Kirk ("Weeds") Guest Star

Emmy award winning and critically acclaimed series "Modern Family" returns for its seventh season with the premiere episode, "Summer Lovin," on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. Haley's attempt to stop Andy from proposing to Beth will end up with both Haley and Andy needing to cope with their emotions and both will have their own special ways of doing so, and Phil and Claire seem to only make matters worse. Jay and Gloria look at pre-schools for Joe and get a rude awakening after they realize the competitive wait list to get in. Meanwhile, Cam tries to remain supportive of Mitch's midlife career crisis, but money is getting a little tight, so Cam comes up with a scheme to get Mitch's old job back.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay Pritchett, Julie Bowen as Claire Dunphy, Ty Burrell as Phil Dunphy, Sofia Vergara as Gloria Pritchett, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell Pritchett, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker, Sarah Hyland as Haley Dunphy, Nolan Gould as Luke Dunphy, Ariel Winter as Alex Dunphy, Rico Rodriguez as Manny Delgado, Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily Tucker-Pritchett and Jeremy Maguire as Joe Pritchett.

Guest cast includes Adam DeVine as Andy, Laura Ashley Samuels as Beth and Suraj Partha as Sunjay, Reid Ewing as Dylan, Susan Egan as Miss Ford, Justin Kirk as Charlie Bingham, Mikey Madison as Becca, Vicki Lewis as Erica and Mai Brunelle as Kid.

"Summer Lovin" was written by Abraham Higginbotham and directed by Jim Hensz.
Old 09-24-15, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Re: Modern Family (ABC) - Season 7 Thread - premieres 9/23/15

at Andy becoming a fat ass and Joe killing a chicken.

Not the funniest episode, but certainly not the worst. Heading into season 7, it's got to be tough to keep a show like this fresh.

I can see people getting annoyed with the Andy and Hayley will they or won't they thing.

to updating the opening credits with an older Joe.

at Phil wearing the Oy Vey T shirt and Claire wearing Evolve. Of course that could only be a Dylan invention.
Old 09-24-15, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah. I thought it was a solid episode but that whole Mitchell being unemployed wouldn't have worked more than one or two episodes.

I think they're drawing out Andy & Haley because it's obviously the endgame that she ends up with him. Still, I don't think the audience is gonna be happy if they don't get together in the very VERY near future.
Old 09-24-15, 01:23 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Dylan's been designing shirts since season 3

"They're gonna be huuuge. Also medium and small"
Old 09-24-15, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 272 Likes on 227 Posts

This episode was definitely more hit than miss for me. Also, I thought the cubby hole gag was funny (we can't comment as litigation is still pending).
Old 09-24-15, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Still enjoying the show.

Loved Dylan's shirts. It was just a good enough idea to be believable. "Don't make me defend this!"

I actually guffawed at "That's the saddest blanket since the AIDS Quilt."
Old 09-24-15, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Couple nice moments that have been mentioned. Think they've played out the Hayley Dylan thing to death, followed closely by the Hayley Andy thing. Don't like when Claire talks about how wild she was as a kid. She does much better when she's reacting to others crazy stuff, especially the neighbors. This Mitch and Cam arc was better than most for me.
Old 09-24-15, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

So-so for me. I really hope this is the last year - it seems like they've been treading water for a long time now. Some good jokes, but few and far between - and, yes, I still can't stand the Cam/Mitchell stuff.
Old 09-24-15, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
So-so for me. I really hope this is the last year - it seems like they've been treading water for a long time now. Some good jokes, but few and far between - and, yes, I still can't stand the Cam/Mitchell stuff.
You just watch, the Modern Family series finale will be when Joe graduates from high school or college
Old 09-24-15, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven

I actually guffawed at "That's the saddest blanket since the AIDS Quilt."
That was a good line. So was the "I thought you were the beach he was looking for.".

Old 09-24-15, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts

Damn, Vicki Lewis sure isn't the stick figure she used to be on Talk Radio.
Old 09-24-15, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by The Infidel
Damn, Vicki Lewis sure isn't the stick figure she used to be on Talk Radio.
NewsRadio.

You can tell Alex had her boob reduction - she no longer looks like she's going to tip forward.
Old 09-25-15, 06:10 AM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts

Aaaaaaand 11 posts in. Lasted longer than I thought.
Old 09-25-15, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
You can tell Alex had her boob reduction - she no longer looks like she's going to tip forward.
One more reason not to watch.
Old 09-25-15, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by dex14
Aaaaaaand 11 posts in. Lasted longer than I thought.
Old 09-25-15, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
One more reason not to watch.
Unless you're 17 or younger, may not want to post that on the board...
Old 09-25-15, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Coral
I fully support her decision since she felt it improved her quality of life, but the fact that people ogling her body on the Internet when she wasn't even legal mad her feel so negatively about herself that it factored into her decision kind of made me feel sick to my stomach. People are horrible.
Old 09-25-15, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
I fully support her decision since she felt it improved her quality of life, but the fact that people ogling her body on the Internet when she wasn't even legal made her feel so negatively about herself that it factored into her decision kind of made me feel sick to my stomach. People are horrible.
Whatever the gene is that makes guys attracted to young girls, I don't have it. Not that I don't appreciate beauty in the younger packages, but with very few exceptions, they remind me too much of my own daughter (who's 24 now) so the fantasy is gone. For me to fantasize about a woman, mid 30's is about the youngest I can really enjoy.

For Ariel Winter it must have been a bitch because you know that no guy ever looked her in the eye. They were pretty prominent.
Old 09-25-15, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a friend who's 40G. She says she gets looks pretty much everybody of every gender and hates them, and wishes she could get them reduced, but the surgery costs too much. It's her body, I totally understand her decision, it just makes me feel gross that Winter was getting ogled and sexualized all to hell by skeevy people on the Internet to the point where her self-image was damaged. I just find that depressing.

It's not dissimilar with my friend. I think she's a gorgeous knockout (and she says her boyfriend does too, for obvious reasons, to me anyway, though she doesn't get it), but she's really down on herself and doesn't think she's attractive. I just find it kind of sad.

And given the Zach Anderson fiasco recently, the whole issue of adolescent sexuality has taken on dangerous new layers.
Old 09-25-15, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 930 Likes on 709 Posts

I fully support her decision since she felt it improved her quality of life, but the fact that people ogling her body on the Internet when she wasn't even legal mad her feel so negatively about herself that it factored into her decision kind of made me feel sick to my stomach. People are horrible.
Sorry man, I don't buy a word of that. Are you trying to say that if people on the Internet said nothing about her body until next year, then that would have been perfectly fine with her and she'd feel great? I'm not excusing the inappropriate comments, I'm just saying that her age had nothing to do with it. She may have been disturbed by the comments, but she was disturbed by the comments, period. Not disturbed by the comments made despite not being 18.

and really, if you don't want people commenting on your looks, perhaps television acting is not the profession for you. Again, this is not defending boorish behavior, just saying it's part and parcel with an acting career.

Finally, I still find it ironic that she was ok (or at least the Modern Family producers were) with making comments on her pubescent development early in the show's run. There were at least two jokes about Alex being flat-chested from the first season. Ariel Winter should have known then that her transition to womanhood (a difficult part in anyone's life) was going to be observed by millions.

I'm glad that she made a decision to make herself feel better about her looks, but not for a second do I "blame" internet comments.
Old 09-25-15, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Ariel Winter is a cute 17 year old. But, despite her being extremely voluptuous for her age, I just can't look at her that way.

Funny how earlier in the show's run some folks here were gawking at Sarah Hyland, but not so many any more.
Old 09-25-15, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 930 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Ariel Winter is a cute 17 year old. But, despite her being extremely voluptuous for her age, I just can't look at her that way.

Funny how earlier in the show's run some folks here were gawking at Sarah Hyland, but not so many any more.
Speak for yourself. I still find Sarah Hyland adorable, even with the horrible haircut she's sporting.
Old 09-25-15, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JimRochester
Whatever the gene is that makes guys attracted to young girls, I don't have it. Not that I don't appreciate beauty in the younger packages, but with very few exceptions, they remind me too much of my own daughter (who's 24 now) so the fantasy is gone. For me to fantasize about a woman, mid 30's is about the youngest I can really enjoy.

For Ariel Winter it must have been a bitch because you know that no guy ever looked her in the eye. They were pretty prominent.
That they were. And all the websites just focused on her chest. It must have been creepy to look up your name and just see websites from older pervs just focused on her breasts. Seems like the kid has gone through a lot with this and her mother.
Old 09-25-15, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have a friend who's 40G. She says she gets looks pretty much everybody of every gender and hates them, and wishes she could get them reduced, but the surgery costs too much. It's her body, I totally understand her decision, it just makes me feel gross that Winter was getting ogled and sexualized all to hell by skeevy people on the Internet to the point where her self-image was damaged. I just find that depressing.

It's not dissimilar with my friend. I think she's a gorgeous knockout (and she says her boyfriend does too, for obvious reasons, to me anyway, though she doesn't get it), but she's really down on herself and doesn't think she's attractive. I just find it kind of sad.

And given the Zach Anderson fiasco recently, the whole issue of adolescent sexuality has taken on dangerous new layers.
Just read a bit about the case. Wow. There should be a law against lying about your age. Not sure if 17 is legal in that state, but damn. That's a stiff punishment for no one pressing charges. My question is, since parents wanted charges dropped, how did this even go to trial or was found out?
Old 09-25-15, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Paff
Speak for yourself. I still find Sarah Hyland adorable, even with the horrible haircut she's sporting.
Lol. I think the new haircut looks better.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.