Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

DD.com B.O. deal - Mannix CS pack $21.71 + ship.

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-15, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Total amount with $6.98 shipping is $28.69

Obvious pricing error. Doubt very much this will be fullfilled, but what the heck:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/mannix-c...c/097361446844

This is also mispriced at DVDPlanet for $32.99 + shipping:

http://www.dvdplanet.com/mannix-comp...k/097361446844
Old 09-17-15, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: DD.com B.O. deal - Mannix CS pack $21.71 + ship.

Worth a try. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-18-15, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

If you take advantage of DD current 10% 12% or 15% off 3 , 4, or 5 blu rays the discount is applied to all items in your cart not just the blu rays. Also if you spend over $25 the shipping cost for the heavy Mannix DVDs is $4.99.
Old 10-10-15, 12:41 AM

I got my shipping notice today for Complete Mannix series. $18.45 with the 15% discount plus $4.99 shipping. They apparently honored the price.
Old 10-10-15, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

My order was cancelled.
Old 10-10-15, 09:43 AM
Cool New Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine was just cancelled as well.
Old 10-10-15, 12:09 PM

Dear Valued Customer,

We thought you would like to know...

The item listed below has just shipped!

Depending on the shipping method you chose, it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information.

DETAILS FOR SHIPPED ITEMS

Order Number:
Shipping Method: Standard Shipping (3 - 10 days)

Qty Item # Description Price Tracking
1 097361446844 Mannix: Complete Series Pack $18.45

I will see what I end up getting if it is the complete series or a one season set. Sorry to hear other orders were cancelled.
Old 10-10-15, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

DD is much more on top of pricing errors these days. In the old days almost everyone would have gotten the deal.
Old 10-10-15, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was cancelled too.

Though I have gotten some pretty good deals this year for stuff that looked like pricing errors. It looks like this is still backordered. They probably only had 1 or 2 in the warehouse and CF got the one that was in stock. (Though he seems to have ordered after some since he was able to take advantage of the discount that was not live when this was first posted). The rest of us were cancelled after 3 weeks or so. C'est la vie.
Old 10-11-15, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I stupidly ordered a ~$4 item with the Mannix "set" to get to "free" shipping and "save" the $2 shipping had the order actually shipped. They shipped the $4 item quickly and charged the "heavy item" fee when that one shipped! Following the Mannix cancellation I had to contact them for a refund of that "heavy item" surcharge. They're currently offering to refund only $3 claiming the single item they shipped is under $25 so incurs a $1.99 shipping fee. I've pointed out, in a couple of emails, that when I placed the order it *did* qualify for "free" shipping and that I'm not liable for *any* shipping fee as the error is theirs and that $4.99 fee is acutally a "heavy item" surcharge for a product which did *not* ship.

It's annoying and I'm only complaining because it's the principal of how the items were shipped (or not). The $1.99 is insignificant and that same title costs ~$4 more at Amazon, new, with use MP copies still costing more than the new one from DD even with the shipping charge added so it's still a bargain. Frankly it seems somewhat unethical for them to have charged the "heavy item" shipping to a order in which that item did not ship. That I had to *request* a refund for that amount following the cancellation of that item makes it seem even more unethical. It mainly pisses me off that they would do such a thing.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 10-11-15 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-11-15, 05:17 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I think it speaks more to their store's poor software and service than anything. I always have to ask for paypal refunds and other issues.
This item wasn't a misprice. It was part of the paramount/CBS overstock sale. Many of the items were restickered and rewrapped by paramount with different upc codes. They only had a limited supply of these items at this price.
Old 10-12-15, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I stupidly ordered a ~$4 item with the Mannix "set" to get to "free" shipping and "save" the $2 shipping had the order actually shipped. They shipped the $4 item quickly and charged the "heavy item" fee when that one shipped! Following the Mannix cancellation I had to contact them for a refund of that "heavy item" surcharge. They're currently offering to refund only $3 claiming the single item they shipped is under $25 so incurs a $1.99 shipping fee. I've pointed out, in a couple of emails, that when I placed the order it *did* qualify for "free" shipping and that I'm not liable for *any* shipping fee as the error is theirs and that $4.99 fee is acutally a "heavy item" surcharge for a product which did *not* ship.

It's annoying and I'm only complaining because it's the principal of how the items were shipped (or not). The $1.99 is insignificant and that same title costs ~$4 more at Amazon, new, with use MP copies still costing more than the new one from DD even with the shipping charge added so it's still a bargain. Frankly it seems somewhat unethical for them to have charged the "heavy item" shipping to a order in which that item did not ship. That I had to *request* a refund for that amount following the cancellation of that item makes it seem even more unethical. It mainly pisses me off that they would do such a thing.
My brother ran into nearly the same situation this past summer when his item was on backorder. They subsequently canceled the order saying they had no idea when new copies were coming in (even though it was still listed as being available on the site for weeks after they canceled his order), but they charged him shipping anyway! It took him three weeks of calls to get the shipping charge refunded! That place is a nightmare when the slightest alteration from a normal order occurs.
Old 10-12-15, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

It happened to me last year. DD cancels items at will these days, I don't chance something like that happening anymore.
Old 10-12-15, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

4 exchanges and they *still* refuse to refund the additional $1.99. It's almost become a game. I keep rewording the issue and they keep refusing to budge. I just asked for escalation to management level because all the responses so far sound like a minimum wage script jockey responding. I also threatened filing a charge back claim with my CC company "just because."

It's certainly now the principal of the thing. I wonder just how much of their time I can waste before they put me on ignore...

I had something similar occur with a WM order a few years back (purchased a "gaming package" which they split up, canceled part, and then overcharged for the portion shipped all without asking how I'd like it handled) and after a dozen or so exchanges they finally saw things my way.

**EDIT**

I *may* have them. Their last reply was:

Please be aware that you will be reimbursed for the overweight fee for the cancelled item, the only fee that cannot be avoided is $1.99 for standard shipping for the item received..
So I dropped "Mannix" into a empty cart to see the *only* shipping charge is "$4.99" for the "overweight fee." I replied pointing out this simple fact. Since they plainly stated I'd be reimbursed for that fee they should now be forced, by their own admission, to refund the full amount.

This is kind of fun...

Last edited by BobO'Link; 10-12-15 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-12-15, 11:41 PM

^^^^
I always call them and get good responses. Though I did try to replace a floater using email to communicate, and they keep saying it's OOS when I can add it to my cart and it says in stock. I guess I'll have to call.
Old 10-15-15, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deep Discount did honor the $28.69 price for the Complete Mannix series,I just opened the package.
Old 10-15-15, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Larry50
Deep Discount did honor the $28.69 price for the Complete Mannix series,I just opened the package.
Consider yourself lucky...most of us got useless roboemails (both said the exact same thing, not exactly shocking).
I worked in retail a long time, I understand a company not wanting to lose money (and frankly I have seen folks try too often to figure out a way to get an item tricky/scammy to get something nearly free) but, this was a listed price for quite some time, and if they can't honor the price on their website, they should at least offer something, ANYTHING to smooth buyer's ruffled feathers. 10% off next order, bare minimum....

Last edited by berigan; 10-15-15 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-17-15, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Just got back from a 9 day cruise to N.E. & Canada only to discover that my order was also cancelled. Did not have high hopes on the order getting fullfilled , but is was worth ordering anyway, 'cause you just don't know.
Old 10-19-15, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well... after pointing out again the $4.99 shipping I was charged is actually what it costs just to ship that Mannix box set *by itself* they finally relented and have credited the additional $1.99 to my CC.
Old 11-05-15, 01:11 PM

Deep Discount now has the Complete Mannix at $66.84,though still on back order.A 10% off coupon
can be used.