Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Comic Movie Club!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-15, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Comic Movie Club!

So me and my friend get together every sunday for our sunday funday where we abandon our gf and read comics and watch movies but we end up debating what to watch/read the actually doing any of it.

We decided to watch all the comic related material we can every sunday and figured it would be a interesting discussion on here. not required to watch anything just share opinions on what we are watching or what you have seen.

This upcoming sunday it was chosen to watch Marvel Knight theme with

Elektra
BLADE
The Punisher ((89)....i think its from 89)

So what have you watched lately!
Old 09-01-15, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Comic Movie Club!

I watched Road to Perdition last weekend.
Old 09-01-15, 11:27 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

I think I own every comic book movie that's been released on disc, yet half are unopened. Perhaps I need this weekly club to get thru that backlog.
Old 09-01-15, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
I think I own every comic book movie that's been released on disc, yet half are unopened. Perhaps I need this weekly club to get thru that backlog.
Perfect chance to pull out ur elektra disc and enjoy!

i actually enjoy a lot of the bad adaptions when i first saw them eager to see how they hold up now a days
Old 09-01-15, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

Elektra and Daredevil get a lot of unnecessary hate. The director's cut of Daredevil is pretty good, period. It's not the ultra-gritty film I think many Frank Miller fanboys wanted but it was a very serviceable superhero movie. I had heard everyone bad-mouth Elektra before seeing it so my expectations were low. The film isn't terrible if you can handle Mortal Kombat-style action and unnecessary character development.
Old 09-02-15, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I never got the hate for daredevil i didnt think it was a bad movie but never went back to re visit it. I will say i remember watching elektra and just hating the girl playing her
Old 09-02-15, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 971 Likes on 684 Posts

Daredevil certainly has its share of problems (some pretty major), but the film was relatively well received when it came out and did pretty good business for a February release. Most of the hate was retroactive and in my opinion had more to do with people's growing dislike of Ben Affleck. It also suffers in comparison to the comic book movies that came later. When Daredevil came out in 2003, the 21st century comic movie wave was just beginning. The only real points of comparison were the first X-Men and Spider-Man movies. When compared to those, I think it holds up pretty well. The director's cut in particular is a mostly solid film. The Hong Kong wire work (especially in the much maligned playground fight) and the sup-par cgi really stick out. Clean those two things up and I think you might have something. It's certainly a lot more fun than the Netflix show.

It also didn't help the movie's reputation that Elektra sucked. I like Jennifer Garner, but she was so, so wrong for that part.
Old 09-02-15, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

The DD DC is a decent movie, but Elektra is terrible.