Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

GoHastings - Buy 1 Get 2nd Free Sale (8/14-8/16) Used Movies, Books, Games, Music

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

GoHastings - Buy 1 Get 2nd Free Sale (8/14-8/16) Used Movies, Books, Games, Music

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-15, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excludes Previously-Viewed Blu-Ray Movies
Qualifying Titles Only

Code: SMILEWEEK

http://www.gohastings.com/department...m_nooverride=1
Old 08-14-15, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Re: GoHastings - Buy 1 Get 2nd Free Sale (8/14-8/16) Used Movies, Books, Games, Music

Thanks!

I love that this sale includes Previously-Viewed DVDs!
Old 08-14-15, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: GoHastings - Buy 1 Get 2nd Free Sale (8/14-8/16) Used Movies, Books, Games, Music

Put in 2 orders this afternoon!

(Order #1):

Gun Woman
Five Shaolin Masters
Flying Guillotine
Flying Guillotine 2
Avenging Eagle
Yakuza Hunters: Duel In Hell
Born To Fight
Golden Swallow/Killer Clans
Zebraman
Zebraman 2: Attack On Zebra City (Blu-Ray/DVD)
Why Don't You Play In Hell?

(Order #2):

Wandering Ginza Butterfly
Wandering Ginza Butterfly: She-Cat Gambler
Old 08-17-15, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Put in 2 orders this afternoon!

(Order #1):

Five Shaolin Masters
Flying Guillotine
Flying Guillotine 2
sale was very good for Gohastings.yeah you had to search for some deals,but well worth it for me at least.yeah and updated wl helps

I bought some Dragon Dynasty's shaw bro movies from Amazon last year.
Singles,doubles and some 4 disc pack around $2.50 a movie.

Like Dragon Dynasty's Ultimate Kung Fu 4pk Box Set $7.50
Dragon Dynasty Collection-Volume 2 was $8.50.
more movies to add to my need to watch stack.

Also got over 30 movies from gohasings this last sale.
Old 08-18-15, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Should I be worried if one of my orders from Gohastings ordered ten days ago has not shown up at all in tracking? They claim it was shipped out two days later but their sketchy tracking info claims only a label was ever generated. I've seen no further updates on it.

Contacting GoHastings by email is almost completely useless by the way. If you need something done, call them up.
Old 08-18-15, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This just happened to me with a half.com order. Seller was one of those uncommunicative ones that had a z for an s in their name (second bad experience with a z-for-s seller on half). Tracking wasn't updating beyond created label, read a bunch of posts on the web that this happens all the time (first time for me though). Contacted usps via tracking page, they won't let you report a problem but you can make a suggestion or compliment. I said I think someone stole it, gave the tracking number, zip code of the PO, my name and address and told them to contact authorities. Did it again saying thanks for making me wait on a lost package, just being rude thinking I'm gonna have to make a half claim.

Turned out the box and label was damaged, it took 2 weeks to get here. My PO taped the box up with a received damage piece of tape and address labels (which might have come off) were haphazardly stuck on the top of the box. The set inside was alright thanks to all the peanuts (was in sealed but warehouse or store shelf worn condition, oop set with best buy sticker). I let them all know but never heard another word from anybody and tracking never did update beyond label created. I don't know if the contacting usps via email on the tracking page did that or not, making them search for the package and matching my complaint to address/tracking number.
Old 08-18-15, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

any time your package gets shipped out through USPS, you are in for 50-50 chance of delivery, its gotten that bad. their tracking is a joke and their customer service provides enough material for a comedy short. the only reason they are used is because they're cheaper than the big guys - but it comes at a price. I would never trust valuables to be shipped through USPS. I recently shipped out a camera to a town about 20 miles away and two months later, the status still shows something to the effect of back at the sorting facility after being 'on delivery truck'. had a lump in my throat until the camera receiver emailed me that it had been received. in the interim when I went to the local USPS station to complain, they dismissively asked me to wait - nothing else, not even sorry as a lip service. never again, USPS
Old 08-18-15, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

You don't have to tell me about our collapsing postal system. I've discovered to get anything done at the USPS requires personally knowing a postal employee.
Old 08-18-15, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Mine didn't even make it to the USPS. TWICE I bought BOB/The Pacific giftset from GoHastings (and yes, they had the right box pictured and the right description) and TWICE they sent me just BOB BD and twice I had to take time out of my day to repackage it and return it. Never again, it'll be a looooooong time before I buy on GH again.

/But I'm not bitter.
Old 08-19-15, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
sale was very good for Gohastings.yeah you had to search for some deals,but well worth it for me at least.yeah and updated wl helps
Normally I don't have much time to really dig into Hastings' site, but this sale I did and got a lot of great deals.

I think all but 1 of my DVDs/BDs have shipped out so far from this sale.

Last edited by asianxcore; 08-19-15 at 01:29 AM.