Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Bullets (Producing (and possibly starring): Tom Hardy)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-15, 07:19 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

via THR:

The 'Mad Max' actor is producing with an eye to star in the adaptation of the gritty comic.

New Line and Tom Hardy are loading up on 100 Bullets.

In the first move since assuming oversight of DC Entertainment’s Vertigo comics imprint from corporate parent Warner Bros., New Line is developing an adaptation of the acclaimed comic by Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso.

Hardy, who played villain Bane in The Dark Knight Rises as well as starred in this summer’s Mad Max: Fury Road, is on board to produce the adaptation with an eye to star. He will produce with Dean Baker via the duo’s Hardy Son & Baker production shingle.

The project is already down the line in development, having a script by Chris Borrelli, whose credits include the recent supernatural horror movie The Vatican Tapes.

Running for 100 issues from 1999 to 2009, the acclaimed comic centered on an enigmatic man named Agent Graves as he presents different people, for reasons unknown, with a gun, the identity of the person who ruined their lives … and a hundred rounds of untraceable ammunition.

Over the course of the series emerged a large crime saga that won accolades in the form of Eisner and Harvey Awards for Azzarello, Risso and the comic.

The plot for movie is being kept locked in a briefcase but insiders say the plan is to stay true to the comic.

Geoff Johns and Adam Schlagman are overseeing for DC while Richard Brener, Walter Hamada and Dave Neustadter run point for New Line.

In a reshuffling of the slate that occurred in late June, New Line absorbed production and development of DC’s Vertigo, the imprint that tends to be edgier, creator-focused and multigenre when compared with DC Comics proper, the home of four-color heroes such as Batman, Wonder Woman and the Flash.

New Line is overseeing the adaptation of Sandman, the Vertigo title created by Neil Gaiman that has Joseph Gordon-Levitt involved as star and director but that was already in active development at Warners when the transfer occurred. 100 Bullets is the first Vertigo feature project to actively move forward in any way since New Line took over the imprint.

The project was previously in the chamber to be a television series with David Goyer involved and was also being developed as a movie by Akiva Goldsman's Weed Road.

Hardy’s Fury Road has grossed over $372 million worldwide for Warners. He next will reunite with his Inception co-star Leonardo DiCaprio for Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's revenge Western, Revenant, and also plays twin gangsters in Working Title’s crime drama Legend.

He and Hardy Son & Baker are currently producing Taboo for FX and BBC One in partnership with Ridley Scott and Scott Free London.

Hardy is repped by CAA and United Agents in London. Borrelli is repped by APA and DMG.
So this was that project that Hardy was playing around with. I STILL haven't read it. I do want to get those volumes they got out now though. I dig Azzarello's work but still haven't gotten to it. So I'm totally blind to what Hardy would play and the whatnot. The idea/concept from what I've read of it does attract me.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 08-11-15 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-11-15, 09:50 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Re: 100 Bullets (Producing (and possibly starring): Tom Hardy)

I read the first couple issues and loved it. Keep meaning to get back to it.
Old 08-11-15, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

I've read it all and it was pretty unique. It got kind of complicated later on. At first it's mainly about the basic 100 bullet scenario and what different people do when presented with the evidence, but then expands WAY beyond that.
Old 08-11-15, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I love the comic but I just don't see how this will translate to the big screen.
Old 08-11-15, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom Hardy. Anything.
Old 08-12-15, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
I read the first couple issues and loved it. Keep meaning to get back to it.
Same here, been meaning to read more of it but enjoyed the issues that I did read.
Old 08-12-15, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 972 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I love the comic but I just don't see how this will translate to the big screen.
It's been a while since I read it, so I don't recall many specifics, but I would think that this will be an adaptation of one of the early, more self contained stories with only hints of the large mythology behind it. That would then leave the door open for sequels if they wanted.

Still, this seems like it might be a project better suited for TV.