Suits (USA) -- Season 5 Thread -- Premieres 6/24/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-24-15, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

SUITS - "Denial" - 9pm/8c *Season premiere

In the Season Five opener, Harvey (Gabriel Macht) has difficulty adjusting to changes around the office, which affects his ability to do his work. Donna (Sarah Rafferty) must acclimate to working for Louis (Rick Hoffman), who's certain it's only a matter of time before she returns to Harvey. Mike (Patrick J. Adams) and Rachel (Meghan Markle) must decide how and when to share their big news, but their excitement about their future together will take a back seat to Harvey and Mike's latest case. And an up-and-coming partner, Jack, makes his presence known to Jessica (Gina Torres), confronting her about whether Harvey's way of doing business is beneficial to the firm.

16 episode 5th season

10 episodes will air this summer.
Old 06-25-15, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Suits (S5E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Denial" -- 6/24/15

I just don't know how this is going to work with Donna working for Louis. Seems a serious hit to the dynamics. I imagine Harvey will get a real dud as his new secretary and problems will continue. Mike and Rachel getting engaged seems a mistake as well. I'm guessing there's going to be another someone else coming into the picture to cause friction but then they did that last season.
Old 06-25-15, 09:11 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Not that I want this, but I was wondering if Donna working for Louis would open up a romance story with Donna and Harvey, now that she isn't working for him. They've messed with that for years already. I'm not digging the Mike and Rachel engagement either. I'm also wondering what the endgame will be for this series. Five seasons, it's bound to end in either the 5th or 6th, if it gets that far.
Old 06-25-15, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The show seems to be losing a little steam. Still good but not quite the same quality. Not liking the Harvey Tony Soprano-esque storyline (anxiety attacks) I hope that is just a 1 or 2 show thing and not a continuing storyline. I also hope the Louis/Donna thing is shortlived and am assuming it will be.

The Jack storyline could be an interesting arc, I just hope that doesn't devolve into a "Mike never went to Harvard and how do we hide that from (insert character here)" story again. Maybe if Donna goes back to Harvey, Louis will team up with the new guy to try and get Harvey out.

Also.. Wynn Duffy.
Old 06-26-15, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by wirefan
The show seems to be losing a little steam. Still good but not quite the same quality. Not liking the Harvey Tony Soprano-esque storyline (anxiety attacks) I hope that is just a 1 or 2 show thing and not a continuing storyline. I also hope the Louis/Donna thing is shortlived and am assuming it will be.

The Jack storyline could be an interesting arc, I just hope that doesn't devolve into a "Mike never went to Harvard and how do we hide that from (insert character here)" story again. Maybe if Donna goes back to Harvey, Louis will team up with the new guy to try and get Harvey out.

Also.. Wynn Duffy.
Supposedly him flushing the meds speaks to the end of his anxiety attacks. Doc told him once he accepted Donna was gone they would go away.
Old 07-01-15, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Just saw this last night.

I wonder how long they're going to drag out the Donna-Harvey tension. I really enjoy their interactions, but now that he revealed last season that he does love her, it's changed the dynamic of their relationship. I bet by the midseason finale, they'll hook up.

Oh and the show was apparently renewed for a 6th season.
Old 07-01-15, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk God

http://deadline.com/2015/07/suits-re...sa-1201466873/

It's official. Renewed for a 16 episode 6th season
Old 07-01-15, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Suits (S5E02) -- "Compensation" -- 7/1/15

SUITS - "Compensation" - 9pm/8c

Harvey (Gabriel Macht) searches for a replacement for Donna (Sarah Rafferty). Mike (Patrick J. Adams) takes a case as a favor, which he must justify to Jessica (Gina Torres) - while Rachel's (Meghan Markle) father, Robert Zane (guest star Wendell Pierce), offers some unsolicited advice about Rachel's engagement to Mike. And Louis (Rick Hoffman) is embroiled in surprising money matters, while an up-and-coming partner, Jack (guest star John Pyper Ferguson), makes his presence known to Jessica, confronting her about whether Harvey's way of doing business is beneficial to the firm.

Guest Stars: Wendell Pierce, John Pyper Ferguson

Episode 2 of 16

Renewed for a 16 episode 6th season today
Old 07-02-15, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Re: Suits (S5E02) -- "Compensation" -- 7/1/15

Louis never wins. The rinse and repeat of this show is getting tiring.

I wonder how much Donna makes, based on the zero comment by Louis. $300K? More?
Old 07-02-15, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is getting tiring. Suits is a USA show, so you expect a bit of rinse, wash, and repeat. But what is really sticking out to me this season is how small the show feels. Louis vs Harvey again just feels like small potatoes. Louis is such an odd character, because the show will try and make him seem like a threat, and then make him seem loveable, and then make him seem ineffectual, and then make him seem super competent. Just once it would be nice if the season was about Harvey and Louis going up against some outside force together.
Old 07-02-15, 11:07 PM

The dynamic is off with Donna not on Harvey's desk - she was a big part of the show in terms of character interaction as she interacted with basically everyone, now she's basically a pawn.

I think they need an external common enemy (basically what boredsilly said where they are working together) or beef up the internal politics with the new guy (which is where I suspect they are headed) - but even that is a bit of rinse and repeat of Hardman in the earlier seasons. I also miss the angle of Louis beating on the associates, that at least made the show seem a bit bigger; now it almost seems like a small law firm with 6-7 lawyers.

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Louis never wins. The rinse and repeat of this show is getting tiring.
And I'm not sure it's better or worse when Harvey is pointing out the rinse and repeat for the viewers just in case they didn't notice.
Old 07-03-15, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder how much Donna gets paid. I know she's into the six figures, but is she 124k or pushing 300k?
Old 07-08-15, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Suits (S5E03) -- "No Refills" -- 7/8/15

SUITS - "No Refills" - 9pm/8c

Harvey (Gabriel Macht) brings some star power to his ongoing conflict with Jack Soloff (guest star John Pyper Ferguson) - a conflict that Louis (Rick Hoffman) and Donna (Sarah Rafferty) can't seem to stay clear of. Mike (Patrick J. Adams) brings in Robert Zane (guest star Wendell Pierce) to co-counsel a case, pitting his instincts as a lawyer against his desire to stay in his future father-in-law's good graces. And while Jessica (Gina Torres) mediates between Mike and Zane, she tasks Rachel (Meghan Markle) with an unusual assignment.

Episode 3 of 16
Old 07-09-15, 11:51 AM

Re: Suits (S5E03) -- "No Refills" -- 7/8/15

I think Harvey needs to stop paying Donna's salary. Either let Louis pay her or her salary drops. That would show her where her loyalty really is. Really like his new secretary. Her instincts are good.
Mike getting in with Zane is going to blow up. So I expect there to be some drama between him and Rachel.
Since Soloff isn't a partner just fire him already. Harvey can take his clients and that problem is solved.
Old 07-09-15, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/07/sui...-to-recur.html

Amy Acker from Person of Interest is joining the cast as a recurring guest star. She's going to play Louis' sister.

Probably has some free time since Person of Interest isn't coming back until 2016 and only has a 13 episode order.
Old 07-10-15, 09:55 AM

So Harvey may get to the Root of his problems after all...
Old 07-11-15, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When watching this episode, I couldn't shake the thought that Wendell Pierce would make a pretty good Commissioner Gordon if the movies wanted to go a different way. That actor has some really great presence, and I'm glad to see he stays getting work.
Old 07-15-15, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Suits (S5E04) -- "No Puedo Hacerlo" -- 7/15/15

SUITS - "No Puedo Hacerlo" - 9pm/8c

Harvey (Gabriel Macht) steps outside his usual area of expertise, in order to take a case from a client who has a special tie to the firm. Mike (Patrick J. Adams) and Zane (guest star Wendell Pierce) work their class-action case together, but Mike learns they have different ideas about what constitutes a win - for themselves, and for their clients. And Donna (Sarah Rafferty) counsels Louis (Rick Hoffman) on the best way to settle a feud.

The series also stars Gina Torres and Meghan Markle.

Episode 4 of 16
Old 07-16-15, 09:13 AM

Re: Suits (S5E04) -- "No Puedo Hacerlo" -- 7/15/15

Loved the episode. Moved forward several story lines. Harvey thanking Donna for 12 years was esp. touching.
Old 07-29-15, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Suits (S5E06) -- "Privilege" -- 7/29/15

SUITS - "Privilege" - 9pm/8c

Reeling from Dr. Agard's (guest star Christina Cole) revelation about the root of his panic attacks, Harvey (Gabriel Macht) is forced to make a tough personal decision in a case that touches a nerve. Meanwhile, Mike (Patrick J. Adams) and Louis (Rick Hoffman) have taken over responsibility for Harvey's oldest client, and must decide what to do when that client's demands go against his own best interests. And Donna (Sarah Rafferty) tries to work her magic to make Rachel's (Meghan Markle) dream wedding possible.

The series also stars Gina Torres.

Guest Stars: Christina Cole, John Pyper- Ferguson, Aloma Wright and Amy Acker

Episode 6 of 16
Old 08-05-15, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Suits (S5E07) -- "Hitting Home" -- 8/5/15

SUITS - "Hitting Home" - 9pm/8c

At Jessica's (Gina Torres) behest, Mike (Patrick J. Adams) teams up with Jack Soloff (guest star John Pyper Ferguson) to co-counsel a case, and despite their history the two come to a surprising understanding. Meanwhile, Esther Litt (guest star Amy Acker) returns to P.S.L. to solve a problem discreetly, but Louis (Rick Hoffman) rarely handles anything quietly - especially when it comes to family. And Donna (Sarah Rafferty) and Harvey (Gabriel Macht) try to get their friendship back to normal, but Harvey has a hard time stomaching Donna's "friendly advice."

The series also stars Meghan Markle.

Guest Stars: John Pyper- Ferguson, Christina Cole, Aloma Wright and Amy Acker

Episode 7 of 16

Haven't really commented in the Suits threads since I've been behind. But, I binged through a bunch tonight and now I'm caught up coming into tonight. I assume most of you are probably backed up too.

I've been enjoying Harvey's sessions with the therapist. Really have brought some depth to his character.
Old 08-06-15, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Suits (S5E07) -- "Hitting Home" -- 8/5/15

Really weird seeing "Tex" from The Last Ship playing a lawyer. The character is kind of a douchebag.

This love-hate relationship between Harvey and Louis is getting a little old. But Harvey was kind of an ass to Esther.

Does Mike actually think he could get away with taking a Junior Partnership? I have to side with Jessica on this. His background would probably be under more scrutiny.
Old 08-07-15, 12:08 AM

Re: Suits (S5E07) -- "Hitting Home" -- 8/5/15

The junior partnership seems headed toward another version of "someone may be on to Mike" plotline (with the new partner). If he turns it down, as he mentions people will wonder, if he takes it he'll probably be scrutinized as you mention. They may even sprinkle in "what's my future here" if he doesn't take it, though they just went through that with the investment stuff last season

Moving Donna off Harvey's desk and changing that dynamic really messed up the show I think. And the psychiatry plotline is a chore - seems like complete filler. There are still some decent moments in each show, but it seems like the show has about run its course.
Old 08-14-15, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Suits (S5E08) -- "Mea Culpa" -- 8/12/15

SUITS - "Mea Culpa" - 9pm/8c

Jessica (Gina Torres) does damage control in the wake of Harvey (Gabriel Macht) punching Louis (Rick Hoffman), just as Jack Soloff (guest star John Pyper-Ferguson) and Daniel Hardman (guest star David Costabile) are looking for weaknesses to exploit. Meanwhile, Donna (Sarah Rafferty) counsels both men on how to rectify their issues. And Mike (Patrick J. Adams) must find a way to turn down his recently announced promotion without raising suspicion - while he and Rachel (Meghan Markle) combat an opposing attorney who holds the key to uncovering his secret.

Guest stars: Troian Bellisario, Christina Cole and John Pyper-Ferguson

Episode 8 of 16

Forgot to post this from a few days ago.
Old 08-16-15, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Suits (USA) -- Season 5 Thread

Good episode. Some pretty intense moments between Louis and Harvey. Louis can be such a petty and whiny douche sometimes. He was a dick for trying to humiliate Harvey after he opened up to him. Loved Donna confronting Louis.

I also liked that they brought back Claire. For a second, I thought Mike was fucked when she figured out he was the real lawyer. Troian Bellisario is great here. Hope we see her again in another episode.

I liked that conversation she had at the end with Mike. Gave him some things to think about.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.