Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Another Period (Comedy Central) - Series Thread - S: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Another Period (Comedy Central) - Series Thread - S: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-15, 06:03 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Before others claimed their fame, there was one American family that stood for all that was spoiled, shameless and stupid. Meet the Bellacourts - Newport, RI's first family of the Gilded Age. They are The Original Ballers. They have tons of money, live in a big-ass mansion and employ a whole team of Fonzworth Bentleys. However, the Bellacourts' servants have to do a lot more than hold umbrellas. The original out of touch reality family is coming to Comedy Central in "Another Period," a turn-of-the-century historical and satirical scripted series that follows the insanely ridiculous and debaucherous life of the Bellacourts, who have more servants than relatives and whose days are filled with money, sex, drugs and more money. "Another Period" centers on the Bellacourt sisters, Lillian (Natasha Leggero) and Beatrice (Riki Lindhome), who only care about being rich and becoming super famous (which is a lot harder in 1902). Lauren Ash, Michael Ian Black, Paget Brewster, Beth Dover, Brett Gelman, Christina Hendricks, Brian Huskey, David Koechner, Jason Ritter, David Wain and Armen Weitzman will appear alongside Leggero and Lindhome. The series was created by, is written by, is executive produced by and stars Leggero and Lindhome, is executive produced and directed by Jeremy Konner ("Drunk History") and is executive produced by Red Hour's Ben Stiller, Debbie Liebling, Stuart Cornfeld and Mike Rosenstein.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Armen Weitzman as TBA
· Beth Dover as TBA
· Brett Gelman as TBA
· Brian Huskey as TBA
· Christina Hendricks as TBA
· David Koechner as TBA
· David Wain as TBA
· Jason Ritter as TBA
· Lauren Ash as TBA
· Michael Ian Black as TBA
· Natasha Leggero as Lillian
· Paget Brewster as TBA
· Riki Lindhome as Beatrice

CREW INFORMATION:
· Ben Stiller as EP
· Debbie Liebling as EP
· Jeremy Konner as EP/DIR (Pilot)
· Mike Rosenstein as EP
· Natasha Leggero as CRTR/EP
· Riki Lindhome as CRTR/EP
· Stuart Cornfeld as EP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BxCqZXeqfj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Pilot is up online:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SOc0t8TikSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10 episode first season
Old 06-23-15, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Another Period (Comedy Central) - Series Thread - S: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindho

Holy crap I thought this was terrible. I just don't understand how so many people I think are funny/talented could be in such a terrible show.
Old 06-23-15, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: Another Period (Comedy Central) - Series Thread - S: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindho

Natasha Leggero has never been funny. She's just had a potty mouth, which coming from a moderately attractive woman is for some reason slightly humorous to some. Give me Amy Shumer any day of the week.
Old 06-23-15, 08:47 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Watched for about 10 minutes and gave up. Awful.
Old 06-24-15, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awful. I'd rather get another season of Garfunkel and Oates.
Old 06-24-15, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I actually liked this show as a spoof of period tropes. It's not any worse than the rest of the cheap garbage that passes for Comedy Central's summer shows.
Old 06-24-15, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Natasha Leggero has never been funny. She's just had a potty mouth, which coming from a moderately attractive woman is for some reason slightly humorous to some. Give me Amy Shumer any day of the week.
The first time I heard of Leggero was at the James Franco roast and she killed it. Then I decided to check out her stand up and she was terrible.

I guess roasting people is a lot easier than writing actual stand up which may be the reason why Jeff Ross never amounted to anything more than a professional roaster.
Old 06-24-15, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I actually liked this show as a spoof of period tropes. It's not any worse than the rest of the cheap garbage that passes for Comedy Central's summer shows.
I did too. Christina Hendricks' character Chair is a great spoof character and i also liked the suffragette sister. I'll probably DVR this show and watch it on Wednesday mornings.
Old 06-25-15, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's definitely aimed at the Downton Abbey crowd.
Old 06-25-15, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
The first time I heard of Leggero was at the James Franco roast and she killed it. Then I decided to check out her stand up and she was terrible.
She's good at roasts, and that's about it.

Side characters were funnier than the main ones here. Artemis from It's Always Sunny, Brett from Eagleheart, nurse from Children's Hospital ..

Christina Hendricks should fire her agent unless her role becomes the focal point.
Old 06-25-15, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
Christina Hendricks should fire her agent unless her role becomes the focal point.
I think she does what she wants at this point, her last Agent dropped her when she accepted the role on Mad Men.
Old 06-15-16, 06:53 AM

Listen up peasants! The original ballers are back and here to stay. Comedy Central's turn-of-the-century historical and satirical scripted series, "Another Period," has been renewed for a third season, it was announced today by Kent Alterman, President, Comedy Central. The ten-episode second season, co-created by and starring Natasha Leggero and Riki Lindhome, directed by Jeremy Konner and executive produced by Ben Stiller's Red Hour, debuts on Wednesday, June 15 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. Prior to season two's premiere, fans can indulge themselves as the Bellacourts' would by binging on the entire first season of "Another Period," available on the Comedy Central App and cc.com starting June 8. "Another Period" tells the incredible story of the Bellacourt sisters, Lillian and Beatrice (played by Leggero and Lindhome), who are defined by their family's wealth and care only about becoming super famous - which is a lot harder in 1902 - and follows the insanely decadent and outrageous life of the Bellacourt coterie. Before others claimed their fame, they were the one American family who epitomized all that was spoiled, shameless and stupid - with more servants than relatives and days filled with money, sex, drugs... and more money. During the second season, the Bellacourts and the poor souls under their servitude return for a whole new season full of excess and debauchery with Lillian and Beatrice seeking advice on how to rebrand, attempting to divorce their gay husbands, pursuing new male suitors, fighting infectious diseases and, of course, still trying to become famous. Servants from downstairs head upstairs, sex is attempted to be had for pleasure, political scandals play out, and illustrious characters from our nation's past - such as Albert Einstein, Teddy and Eleanor Roosevelt and Harriet Tubman - pay visit to Newport's first family.
Old 01-23-18, 07:00 AM

Greedy. Corrupt. New money. Hungry for fame. Sound familiar? Newport, RI's first family, the Bellacourts, are back with the third season premiere of Another Period on Tuesday, January 23 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT! The third season of the turn-of-the-century historical and satirical scripted series, co-created by and starring Natasha Leggero and Riki Lindhome, directed by Jeremy Konner and executive produced by Ben Stiller's Red Hour, follows the fifth season premiere of Drunk History. Prior to the new season, fans can indulge themselves like a Bellacourt by binging on the first two seasons of Another Period, available now on cc.com and the Comedy Central App. Now in its third season, Another Period tells the incredible story of the Bellacourt sisters, Lillian and Beatrice (played by Leggero and Lindhome), who are defined by their family's wealth and care only about becoming super famous - which is a lot harder in 1902. The series follows the insanely decadent and outrageous life of the Bellacourt coterie which, before others claimed their own fame, were the one American family who epitomized all that was spoiled, shameless and stupid - with more servants than relatives and days filled with money, sex, drugs... and more money. In the upcoming season, The Bellacourts' fight for suffrage in congress, become some of America's first female Olympic athletes, deal with an opioid addiction and campaign to make America great again, for the first time.
Old 01-23-18, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is an underrated comedy because it takes some knowledge of the period to completely enjoy.

Another Period is the only non-South Park show I still watch on Comedy Central.
Old 11-29-18, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Canceled. No season 4: https://tvline.com/2018/11/29/anothe...omedy-central/

This thread was really hard find in search results.
Old 11-30-18, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by windom
Canceled. No season 4: https://tvline.com/2018/11/29/anothe...omedy-central/

This thread was really hard find in search results.
Disappointing because it was one of the few comedies that actually got better each season.