Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Daniel Portman of Game of Thrones: Episode 10 will 'Break the Internet' Book Spoilers

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Daniel Portman of Game of Thrones: Episode 10 will 'Break the Internet' Book Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-15, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Book SPOILERS.

So apparently Daniel Portman told the Thronescast crew that episode 10 will break the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ddjlc5nm0

What do people think it will be?

I would think it would have to be more than
Spoiler:
FTW

Any thoughts?
Old 06-01-15, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: Daniel Portman of Game of Thrones: Episode 10 will 'Break the Internet' Book Spoi

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Book SPOILERS.

So apparently Daniel Portman told the Thronescast crew that episode 10 will break the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ddjlc5nm0

What do people think it will be?

I would think it would have to be more than
Spoiler:
FTW

Any thoughts?
I am a pretty big book reader but I have not idea what that means??
Old 06-01-15, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Daniel Portman of Game of Thrones: Episode 10 will 'Break the Internet' Book Spoi

That would be the one where Jon Snow becomes the leader of the white walkers and Drogon eats Danerys.
Old 06-01-15, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd

Spoiler:
For the watch. what the night's watch said while they stabbed Jon
Old 06-01-15, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Spoiler:
"For the watch..."

As to what might break the internet, if it's not that then it's going to be something that isn't from the (published) books. Either something from TWoW or ADoS, or an invention of the showrunners.
Old 06-01-15, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
Spoiler:
For the watch. what the night's watch said while they stabbed Jon
Ah, not so sure that is break the internet worthy unless

Spoiler:
He is killed in a way that leaves no possibility of resurrection. I think there is a chance that in the books Jon is truly dead, so when Sam said Jon always comes back I thought there was a slight chance that Jon would lose his head last night, but could also be seen as resurrection foreshadowing. Though the red priestess is not at Castle Black which makes the resurrection somewhat unlikely.

Break the internet though strikes me as something momentous that is a spoiler for everyone from a future book. With the title of Mother's Mercy though I am at a bit of a lose as to what that would be.

Actually I can and it would bring down the internet. If somehow Sean Bean snuck into Ireland and they filmed the Tower of Joy that would break the internet and would fit in with the title.

Not sure, love not knowing exactly what will happen.
Old 06-01-15, 01:46 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Ah, not so sure that is break the internet worthy unless

Spoiler:
He is killed in a way that leaves no possibility of resurrection. I think there is a chance that in the books Jon is truly dead, so when Sam said Jon always comes back I thought there was a slight chance that Jon would lose his head last night, but could also be seen as resurrection foreshadowing. Though the red priestess is not at Castle Black which makes the resurrection somewhat unlikely.

Break the internet though strikes me as something momentous that is a spoiler for everyone from a future book. With the title of Mother's Mercy though I am at a bit of a lose as to what that would be.

Actually I can and it would bring down the internet. If somehow Sean Bean snuck into Ireland and they filmed the Tower of Joy that would break the internet and would fit in with the title.

Not sure, love not knowing exactly what will happen.
Spoiler:
Mother's Mercy is probably Cersei confessing and her walk. The High Sparrow told her last week that the two Tyrells would receive the mother's mercy if they confessed
Old 06-01-15, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy crap Jessica Henwick looks about 100x better IRL.
Old 06-01-15, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Possible meanings for "Mother's Mercy" --

1) Mercy of the Mother aspect of the Seven, re: Cersei's storyline.

2) "Mother" is often associated with Dani; "Mother of Dragons", "Mhysa"

3) Something in reference to Selyse Baratheon and her daughter Shireen... Especially if
Spoiler:
Shireen ends up being sacrificed to resurrect Jon Snow.
Old 06-01-15, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Or

Spoiler:
Lady Stoneheart
Old 06-01-15, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, from the books, I give this a 1% of happening..but Mother's Mercy could mean

Spoiler:
In the Appendix of Feast of Crows, Mother Mercy is also a nickname of LSH.
Old 06-01-15, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ooooh.

On the terms of 'Break the Internet' moment, check out what Joanna Robinson thinks/proposes as possible. Obvious Spoilers, but there is ONE WTF moment in the article.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...ame-of-thrones
Old 06-01-15, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Also, from the books, I give this a 1% of happening..but Mother's Mercy could mean

Spoiler:
Shit. No idea how I forgot about that one, even though it's sort of a dead horse at this point.

Though having it come from the actor who plays Pod gives that theory some credence. Also keep in mind that these titles can have multiple meanings within the episode, like how everyone was debating what "The Gift" was.
Old 06-01-15, 03:11 PM

Ooooh.

On the terms of 'Break the Internet' moment, check out what Joanna Robinson thinks/proposes as possible. Obvious Spoilers, but there is ONE WTF moment in the article.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...ame-of-thrones
Spoiler:
Wow, Jon Snow become an Other is something I never considered and could make a lot of sense.
Old 06-01-15, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Wow, Jon Snow become an Other is something I never considered and could make a lot of sense.
Yup..and would be a totally different spin of Ice & Fire.
Old 06-01-15, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Spoiler:
If
Spoiler:
the Legion of Super-Heroes
showed up, I'd certainly plotz!
Old 06-01-15, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
If
Spoiler:
the Legion of Super-Heroes
showed up, I'd certainly plotz!
This is the only spoiler I clicked on, but I'd agree that would be some crossover moment.

Is it possible that the "break the internet" thing could be some big event that actually hasn't been in the books yet, thus surprising both book readers and non book readers alike?
Old 06-01-15, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
This is the only spoiler I clicked on, but I'd agree that would be some crossover moment.

Is it possible that the "break the internet" thing could be some big event that actually hasn't been in the books yet, thus surprising both book readers and non book readers alike?
Yes that would be my guess considering the other events that have happened along the way.
Old 06-01-15, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

The title for episode 9 is "The Dance of Dragons" and the title for episode 10 is "Mother's Mercy". And both are directed by David Nutter

Based on this, I would guess episode 9 deals heavily with Daenerys and stuff happening in Meereen. And episode 10 looks like a title that will have multiple meanings within the episode (much like "The Gift" title for episode 7), with anyone who is called a mother factoring in. (ex. "Queen Mother", "Mother of Dragons", mother of a princess, and maybe even the wives of a couple of Motherfuckers named Bolton)
Old 06-01-15, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dhmac
The title for episode 9 is "The Dance of Dragons" and the title for episode 10 is "Mother's Mercy". And both are directed by David Nutter

Based on this, I would guess episode 9 deals heavily with Daenerys and stuff happening in Meereen. And episode 10 looks like a title that will have multiple meanings within the episode (much like "The Gift" title for episode 7), with anyone who is called a mother factoring in. (ex. "Queen Mother", "Mother of Dragons", mother of a princess, and maybe even the wives of a couple of Motherfuckers named Bolton)
When Cercei asked what would happen if Loras or Margery confessed their sins before the trial, the High Sparrow said they would be shown the Mother's Mercy, so it also could refer to anyone who is a prisoner of the Sparrows.
Old 06-02-15, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

This has nothing to do with anything that would break the internet, but I really hope that Sansa doesn't become a mother to Ramsay's child. Hopefully, the writers don't do that to her... but they sure aren't known for THEIR mercy.
Old 06-02-15, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think that anything is possible with the Sansa storyline since it has gone off the books.

If it turns out that she isn't a significant 'player' in Martin's overall saga, then D&W can pretty much do anything they want to with her. Pregnant. Dead. Rescued by Brienne. Kills Ramsay. Anything is in play.
Old 06-02-15, 09:21 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

You can usually guess the nature of the spoiler based on who is shooting their mouth off. In this case, I'm putting my money on:

Spoiler:
Lady Stoneheart
Old 06-02-15, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
You can usually guess the nature of the spoiler based on who is shooting their mouth off. In this case, I'm putting my money on:

Spoiler:
Lady Stoneheart
Not a chance.
Old 06-02-15, 11:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe we find out that Jon Snow is actually the son of
Spoiler:
Lyanna and Ned Stark.

It would certainly be surprising.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.