Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E20) -- Avengers 2 follow-up -- "Scars" -- 5/5/15

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E20) -- Avengers 2 follow-up -- "Scars" -- 5/5/15

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-15, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

WAR TEARS SKYE APART, ON "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." ON ABC

Edward James Olmos Guest Stars as Robert Gonzales

"Scars" - Skye is torn between her loyalty to S.H.I.E.L.D. and her connection to the Inhumans as tensions rise between the groups -- and Coulson reveals a secret he's been hiding from even those closest to him, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, MAY 5 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse.

Guest starring are Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Ruth Negga as Raina, Patton Oswalt as Sam/Billy Koenig, Kyle Maclachlan as Cal, Edward James Olmos as Robert Gonzales, Jamie Harris as Gordon, Christine Adams as Agent Weaver, Mark Allan Stewart as Agent Oliver, Maya Stojan as Kara/Agent 33, Dichen Lachman as Jiaying, Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell, Alicia Vela-Bailey as Alisha, David Douglas as Michael and Crystal Coney as scientist.

"Scars" was written by Rafe Judkins & Lauren LeFranc and directed by Bobby Roth.

Episode 20 of 22

Warning. This episode is connected to Avengers: Age of Ultron. There are plot elements from the movie that carry over to this episode.

It's explained somewhat here:

Spoiler:

http://www.slashfilm.com/agents-of-s...ron-plot-hole/

Now, when Nick Fury goes away and comes back with a Helicarrier, that seems like a big chunk of off screen story. Is that something we might see referenced on SHIELD?

Feige: I think it’s fair to say you could fill in some of those blanks in the coming weeks on Tuesday at 9.

Since it didn’t happen last week, maybe it happens this week. Maybe next. But according to Feige, we’ll get a storyline on the show that’ll cover where Fury goes to get the Helicarrier that he brings in to aid the Avengers in their climactic battle with Ultron.

Besides this story, I’m curious how – if at all – Age of Ultron will impact Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Maybe there we’ll get to see a bit of the anti-superhero fallout that will likely lead into Captain America: Civil War, which is currently in productions.

Do the big screen connections make you watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D more? Or is it just more fun to read about them? What other plot holes could the show cover up?

If you have not seen the movie yet, be warned of movie spoilers watching this. If you don't watch the show and are curious, then none of this episode will make any sense to you since the show is pretty serialized.
Old 05-05-15, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E20) -- Avengers 2 follow-up -- "Scars" -- 5/5/

Looking forward to see how this connects to Ultron
Old 05-05-15, 01:34 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E20) -- Avengers 2 follow-up -- "Scars" -- 5/5/

but... but... but... Whedon told me there IS no connection between M:AoS and the MCU????
Old 05-05-15, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

It's all connected! Or its not!

I am curious about the spoiler point. But I'll just read about it after airing.
Old 05-05-15, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

It's all connected until they decide it's not. Agents of SHEILD is like the Star Wars EU.
Old 05-05-15, 03:44 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I would expect the opening act of Age of Ultron to have a pretty significant impact on Agents of SHIELD.
Old 05-05-15, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

The team will probably be helping load people onto the flying life rafts.
Old 05-05-15, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

From what I gather it looks like this episode is a big tie-in to an upcoming Inhumans movie. That's what it looks like anyways.
Old 05-05-15, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Just happened to tune in 15 mins in. I see lots of in humans. Was there an Ultron tie in?
Old 05-05-15, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

^ Ultron tie-in was seeing the extra heli-carrier at the beginning.

They didn't just kill Morse/Mockingbird did they? Adrienne Palicki just can't hold down a job if so.
Old 05-05-15, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They just had a big speech about not killing her yet.
Old 05-05-15, 09:35 PM

No way, she has a spinoff series coming.
Old 05-05-15, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raina telling the truth?

Avengers 2-hawkeye style misleading there
Old 05-05-15, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
^ Ultron tie-in was seeing the extra heli-carrier at the beginning.

They didn't just kill Morse/Mockingbird did they? Adrienne Palicki just can't hold down a job if so.
Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
They just had a big speech about not killing her yet.
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
No way, she has a spinoff series coming.
I hadn't seen it yet when I wrote the above post. Now that I have, those were definitely icers. The discharge was blue. She's most certainly alive.
Old 05-06-15, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts

That was a pretty surprising turn of events at the end.

And I wonder how this ties in to the Inhumans movie.
Old 05-06-15, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

A little disappointed that the whole Theta protocol thing was just the Hellicarrier and they moved on pretty quickly from that opening scene, but I like that the tie in wasn't too reliant on the movie and it was nice to see Koenig back. They've done a decent job tying these things together, but it is weird that these guys were just sitting around doing nothing during the events of Ultron.

I completely expected Gonzalez to do something bad, especially given how adamant he was against the Inhumans. I thought it was weird that Coulson let the two members of SHIELD who viewed them as threats go, so of course we get the twist at the end.

Kind of disappointed to see Ward again so soon after the last episode; I thought that phone call from the last episode would have been nice to move away from him for awhile. He was nice to see back originally, but really don't want him hanging around for much longer.
Old 05-06-15, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anomynous
Raina telling the truth?

Avengers 2-hawkeye style misleading there
I thought they did a good job with both twists. Not only with Raina but the great flip on Gonzalez's meeting with Jiaying.

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Kind of disappointed to see Ward again so soon after the last episode; I thought that phone call from the last episode would have been nice to move away from him for awhile. He was nice to see back originally, but really don't want him hanging around for much longer.
That entire sequence was strange to me. I feel like I missed something, because you have to do a lot of mental gymnastics to get to a place where Agent 33 is able to impersonate May on that mission without somebody noticing she seems to be in two places at once.

Other than that though, good episode in my opinion.
Old 05-06-15, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Would rather see Forever come back than this. I like it, but all the superhero stuff is getting repetitive. I actually agreed with what Jiyang did. How could Shield think their request was reasonable?
Old 05-06-15, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
but... but... but... Whedon told me there IS no connection between M:AoS and the MCU????
You're all going to be sorry and angry when this show ends with Coulson getting hit on the head from a golf ball and waking up dead in a casket after the events of the first Avengers movie. At Coulson's funeral Cap will turn to Fury and ask: I wonder if the dead dreams?!
Old 05-06-15, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Would rather see Forever come back than this. I like it, but all the superhero stuff is getting repetitive. I actually agreed with what Jiyang did. How could Shield think their request was reasonable?
The Index seems similar to the registration act that kicks off Civil War. If there's a Season 3, curious how that plays out.
Old 05-06-15, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
She has her own show now, or is going to, they obviously aren't going to kill her.

So no one noticed that Agent Tight T-Shirt and a prisoner were leaving on a plane -hscratch-?
Old 05-06-15, 10:25 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

The Index seems similar to the registration act that kicks off Civil War. If there's a Season 3, curious how that plays out.
That's a good point... and could be what the producers are hinting at here?

At any point, did you lobby for the Avengers to find out that Coulson is alive?
Loeb: There’s a plan. It’s just one of those things that when it pops, folks will see it.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/05...089ba8ce602263
Old 05-06-15, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I like it. I havent seen Avengers 2 but i watched it anyways and kind of figured out what happened.
Old 05-06-15, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts

Yeah, I needed a break from Ward too. But oh well. At least "The war" started by an Inhuman took me by surprise.

While we're on the surprise tip, I can't believe Raina's makeup is all practical

I was certain there some CG in there all along. Great work, makeup crew.
Old 05-06-15, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

I get the sense that the Theta Protocol stuff about with it being about the helicarrier was an afterthought to tie-in with the movie. It seemed like they intended to go somewhere else with it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.