Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race (S26E10) -- "Fruits of Our Labor" -- 5/1/15

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-15, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,680 Likes on 2,647 Posts
The Amazing Race (S26E10) -- "Fruits of Our Labor" -- 5/1/15

THE FINAL FIVE TEAMS RACE TO PERU, WHERE BLAIR AND HAYLEY'S COMMUNICATION PROBLEMS REACH A BOILING POINT, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," FRIDAY, MAY 1

"Fruits of Our Labor" (Peru)
- The final five teams travel to Peru, where the Race gets physical and teams use their fitness trackers to help find their next clue. Also, Blair and Hayley's communication issues reach a boiling point, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, May 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan)
is the host.

Remaining Teams in THE AMAZING RACE:
Matt and Ashley
Mike and Rochelle
Blair and Hayley
Laura and Tyler
Jelani and Jenny

Episode 10 of 12

I'm rooting for Laura and Tyler.
Old 05-01-15, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race (S26E10) -- "Fruits of Our Labor" -- 5/1/15

Blair is a saint.
Old 05-01-15, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts

Well, she was right. They did need to go back.
Old 05-02-15, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
Blair is a saint.
Yes, but at the same time Hayley seems to have realized she needed to let up a little and has. Unless they revert back to their old ways I think they make take this thing. And with having toned it down, they might become the team I have to root for by default. Don't like Jelani and Jenny at all, indifferent on Mike and Rochelle, and still can't stand the Amy Adams doppelganger. For me, she has always been worse than Hayley.
Old 05-02-15, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Yes, but at the same time Hayley seems to have realized she needed to let up a little and has. Unless they revert back to their old ways I think they make take this thing. And with having toned it down, they might become the team I have to root for by default. Don't like Jelani and Jenny at all, indifferent on Mike and Rochelle, and still can't stand the Amy Adams doppelganger. For me, she has always been worse than Hayley.
Don't get me wrong. I hope Blair and Hayley win and I think they have a very good shot at it. Hayley and the long-suffering Blair are great entertainment value. I also prefer them to the other teams. If B&H don't take the million, I just hope that J&J lose. I can't stand Jenny.

As far as Hayley toning it down, I haven't seen it. She tells Blair what to do every step of the way.

It was fun watching her take out her aggravation on the sugar cane.
Old 05-02-15, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hayley has admitted lately she went too far at times in the past and seems to have cut down the shrillness?

Last edited by hdnmickey; 05-02-15 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-02-15, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 917 Likes on 650 Posts

Cut down? It was over the top annoying in this one. Can't stand them... well, her. I keep hoping they lose.

Laura & Tyler got lucky finishing given they screwed up their flight. Pretty weak leg overall.
Old 05-02-15, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 187 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
It was fun watching her take out her aggravation on the sugar cane.
With Blair standing far back when Haley was wielding a machete

So that's 3-for-3 for teams doing a speed bump getting eliminated this season. Has it always been such a long shot in past seasons for teams to stay in the race after surviving a last place finish in a non-elimination leg? It does seem quite fair to me ... without a heavy penalty, it would make the entire non-elimination leg seem like a waste of time.
Old 05-02-15, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
With Blair standing far back when Haley was wielding a machete

So that's 3-for-3 for teams doing a speed bump getting eliminated this season. Has it always been such a long shot in past seasons for teams to stay in the race after surviving a last place finish in a non-elimination leg? It does seem quite fair to me ... without a heavy penalty, it would make the entire non-elimination leg seem like a waste of time.
Teams have gone from speed bump all the way to finishing first on the leg. Their problem was that they were the last team to get to the speed bump after a catch up flight so they were already in last before the extra task.
Old 05-03-15, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 352 Likes on 271 Posts

Glad to see Jelani and Jenny still in it. Great teamwork as usual.
Old 05-03-15, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is one of the few seasons where I'd like to have some sort of Reunion show, just to see if any of the Blind Date couples kept in contact after the race.

Also glad to see Mike and Rochelle hanging in there. After the first couple episodes I would not have bet on them getting this far.
Old 05-03-15, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It looks like Mike and Rochelle have lost quite a bit of weight from when they started out.
Old 05-03-15, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 187 Likes on 129 Posts

More poor Blair (unaired footage from the last ep). It's hard to handle this through a computer screen. I can't imagine how Blair keeps his cool in person.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T7Joy18_Y1k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-03-15, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Ford, Travelocity, now Fitbit - I'll take whatever sponsorship and blatant product placement that keeps this show on the air.

@ the shots of the locals and the llama when Matt looked stumped with the typewriter. Thank you for making me feel 100 yrs old.

Originally Posted by brainee
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T7Joy18_Y1k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
LOVE HAYLEY. I thought she toned it down when Blair's bilingual skills became useful - but those extras above say otherwise (not even showing any gratitude for the little Spanish he did have.). Big props to him for keeping zen throughout this entire race.

Good thing Blair didn't take on that sugar cane challenge cuz you know Hayley would find something to nitpick on his hacking technique.
Old 05-04-15, 12:53 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Teams have gone from speed bump all the way to finishing first on the leg. Their problem was that they were the last team to get to the speed bump after a catch up flight so they were already in last before the extra task.
They actually seemed to have a chance to advance to fourth if they had done the shopping task, but they blew it by listening to Laura and Tyler (who accidentally saved their own butts with that move) and inadvertently backtracking to do the potato challenge. I also think they could have gained more ground early on if they hadn't made the same mistake as Laura and Tyler in trying to find the shoe shine place (or followed them, as it were).