Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Welcome to Me (2015, d: Shira Piven, s: Wiig, Marsden, Cardellini, Robbings, Tudyk)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Welcome to Me (2015, d: Shira Piven, s: Wiig, Marsden, Cardellini, Robbings, Tudyk)

Old 04-28-15, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

This one looks and sounds bizarre. Produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, it's one of those "Same Time As Theaters" limited releases and will be availble via On Demand / Digital starting May 8th.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r0KEe-hMsLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rated R
105 Minutes
Directed by: Shira Piven
Written By: Eliot Laurence
Starring: Kristen Wiig, James Marsden, Linda Cardellini, Wes Benley, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Alan Tudyk, Tim Robbings, Joan Cusack, and Loretta Devine

Synopsis: A woman with borderline personality disorder wins the lottery and decides to spend the cash on her own cable access talk show, where her larger-than-life personality and obsession with being famous begins to alienate her friends and family.

Currently at 82% with 11 reviews on rottentomatoes.com. I like Wiig in general and loved The Skeleton Twins so I'll give this a shot, though her indie before that (Girl Most Likely) was awful.
Old 05-09-15, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: Welcome to Me (2015, d: Shira Piven, s: Wiig, Marsden, Cardellini, Robbings, Tudy

This is getting good reviews. May check it out on DirecTV for $7.99.
Old 05-09-15, 06:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Welcome to Me (2015, d: Shira Piven, s: Wiig, Marsden, Cardellini, Robbings, Tudy

Wiig gets naked in this (full frontal), so there's that.
Old 05-09-15, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't think it was particularly funny and was a little tough to watch, but it wasn't bad. Wiig nails the role and yes, full frontal with bush.
Old 05-09-15, 07:10 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

She seemed like a bush kind of girl.
Old 05-09-15, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Richard Roepers review nails the movie perfectly, he just liked it more than me: http://www.richardroeper.com/reviews/w/welcometome.aspx
Old 05-10-15, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by godzilla rules
Wiig gets naked in this (full frontal), so there's that.
Sold!
Old 05-10-15, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for posting the link to the Roeper review. I love Kristen Wiig, and will definitely be checking out this performance based on her and Roeper's glowing review.
Old 05-10-15, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Straw
Thanks for posting the link to the Roeper review. I love Kristen Wiig, and will definitely be checking out this performance based on her nudity and Roeper's glowing review.
Let us know what you think.