Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Worlds Apart (S30E09) "Livin' On the Edge"

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-15, 05:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Survivor: Worlds Apart (S30E09) "Livin' On the Edge"

Pretty good impressions from the Rodster.

Another worthy contestant bites the dust. Did he have a choice whether to show his challenge prowess early or was it the only chance he had of staying in the game?

What's going on with Jenn? Does she really want to go home that badly? Did she fight so hard in the challenge just to try to save Joe?

Nice to see that they finally got a mute contestant, though.

Last edited by creekdipper; 04-16-15 at 05:58 AM.
Old 04-16-15, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Re: Survivor: Worlds Apart (S30E09) "Livin' On the Edge"

I don't think Joe had a choice but to do as good as he could in the earlier challenges. Otherwise he'd be gone earlier. Nice craftsmanship on the fake HII. We've come a long ways from a stick with a smiley face on it.

Alright episode, especially considering how predictably the vote out went. Shirin was smart to go to Mike and Mike would be smart to take her in. The showdown between Rodney and Mike may come sooner than later, and Mike needs at least another person on his side.
Old 04-16-15, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
I don't think Joe had a choice but to do as good as he could in the earlier challenges. Otherwise he'd be gone earlier. Nice craftsmanship on the fake HII. We've come a long ways from a stick with a smiley face on it.
It was cool that he mentioned where he got the materials. I've seen the better ones in season past and wondered where they got all the fancy stuff. The torch was an obvious answer I didn't think of until Joe said it.

Would have been a far better play if Joe had just put it around his neck and hoped it would cause people to scramble enough to end with him surviving another week. Giving it to Crazy Mike the way he did was a total waste of his effort. Hate to see him go, but he deserved to go after the dumb move.

Alright episode, especially considering how predictably the vote out went. Shirin was smart to go to Mike and Mike would be smart to take her in. The showdown between Rodney and Mike may come sooner than later, and Mike needs at least another person on his side.
Yes, very soon. Like next week. Looks like the people that said this group wasn't filled with the crazy town folks (like past season) are going to have to re-think things a bit. Putting aside Mike already showing his crazy, the rest just were keeping it toned down longer than those on the other seasons.
Old 04-16-15, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That fake idol looked fantastic, but Joe handled it very poorly. No reason to give it to anyone before the vote. Then they know it's fake. You put it around your neck like you're going to use it.
Old 04-16-15, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I don't think putting it around his neck would have worked either. They were splitting the vote anyway. There would have been no reason to change the plan. Either Joe goes home, or they flush his idol, and Jenn goes home.

He needed to find an inroads somewhere, but it was clear by this point that no one was all that interested in working with him. Might as well try an idol gamble with Mike to see if it would work.

I was sorry to see him go, but I would have been sorry to see Jenn go too (casting aside her apparently racist tweets).

Next week should be interesting as it's fulcrum point vote. The smart team tries to grab Jenn and Shirin to eliminate the other side of the eight.
Old 04-16-15, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It sucks to see Joe go but they all knew if he made it to the end, the million was in his pocket. He was likeable enough and dominated challenges. You have to take someone like that out when you get the opportunity.

As far as how he played the idol, I think it was a mistake going to Mike with it. If you're going to play it off to give it to someone to flip their vote, then he would have been better off going to Rodney with it.
Old 04-16-15, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By wearing it around his neck the rest of the day you have people getting concerned that he could get somebody to flip. Pretty sure that strategy has worked before.
Old 04-16-15, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm starting to think Jen's whole, "I quit but I don't" is just a scheme to get people to keep her because they know she's not going to stick around anyway.
Old 04-16-15, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis

I was sorry to see him go, but I would have been sorry to see Jenn go too (casting aside her apparently racist tweets).
What racist tweets?
Old 04-16-15, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
What racist tweets?
Here you go
http://imgur.com/a/iXaxU
Old 04-17-15, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Racism, a word that has lost all its meaning.
Old 04-17-15, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

For long time Survivor fans, Ozzy is on the Comedy Bang Bang (IFC) episode that started airing tonight, the Joel McHale episode.
Old 04-18-15, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Thanks. I'm surprised... she seemed cool. I don't think there's a group that she didn't offend with those tweets. Of course they were cherry picked from over two years. I don't know that I'd call her racist or homophobic, but definitely inappropriate and trying to be funny in the wrong way.

Anyhoo, I still have no idea why Jeff thinks this is the greatest season ever. At this point I don't care who wins, as long as it's not Dan or Will. This has been such an awful season, I think it would be great if Shirin were to win.

Yes, Jeff, that is how bad it is......

Last edited by leeta; 04-18-15 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-19-15, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Doesn't Mike have his own idol to compare it to? And isn't it the one Joe had been trying to find? I doubt if he actually thought Joe's could be real.
Anyone else catch the Wilhem Scream when Will was going down the slide?
Old 06-07-15, 04:04 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Pretty good impressions from the Rodster.
i know, I know... I'm a bit behind this season. Just now catching up... but for real, Rodney nailed his impression of Mike.