Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Shameless (S5E12) - Season Finale - "Love Songs (In the Key of Gallagher)" - 4/5/15

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Shameless (S5E12) - Season Finale - "Love Songs (In the Key of Gallagher)" - 4/5/15

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-15, 08:52 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Season 5 ends with Fiona reuniting with Gus after he returns from his tour, but she struggles with the fact that her feelings for Sean have turned into love. In Costa Rica, Frank has love struggles of his own while he works to keep Bianca happy.
Season finale. Renewed for a 6th season.
Old 04-06-15, 11:30 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Shameless (S5E12) - Season Finale - "Love Songs (In the Key of Gallagher)" - 4/5/

I would have liked to have seen more of Carl and Chuckie in prison, instead of just the brief scene during the credits.
Old 04-06-15, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Shameless (S5E12) - Season Finale - "Love Songs (In the Key of Gallagher)" - 4/5/

Sammi is a terrible shot.

I loved the scene with Fiona and Debbie, where you see Fiona realize how she has been neglecting the family. She had no idea who was buying groceries or taking Liam to school.
Old 04-06-15, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I'd watch a spinoff of Carl and Chuckie in juvie.

Kevin explaining why he banged so many college girls: "I was the rape walker!"
Old 04-06-15, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

....you guys need to get that Carl & Chuckie in juvie spinoff to Showtime asap!

Solid season finale. Although, I was actually expecting Bianca to either have been mis-diagnosed or to off Frank. Regardless this season was a major step up from season 4. But I think it's time to go off into the sunset. Fingers crossed season 6 is the last.
Old 04-06-15, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What was the purpose of even bringing Steve back this season? They should have left him dead.
Old 04-06-15, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
What was the purpose of even bringing Steve back this season? They should have left him dead.
That was the original plan. But some fans wanted closure I think. It really was a pointless coda for that character.
Old 04-06-15, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981
That was the original plan. But some fans wanted closure I think. It really was a pointless coda for that character.
Yeah, in the scheme of things, the only purpose was was that it drove a wedge into her new marriage with Gus, but they could have accomplished that by having her sleep with any other character.

Definitely a wasted plotline.
Old 04-06-15, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

I liked Gus' buddy basically calling it like it is - Gus is a good person, and Fiona... is not.
And she confirms it be being in "love" with Sean.

Sad to see Bianca go. I think she's pretty hot and has a night tight little body.
Old 04-06-15, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Kevin explaining why he banged so many college girls: "I was the rape walker!"
Plus the description of 'the poophole loophole'......
Old 04-06-15, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

They really dropped the gentrification storyline altogether. It was as if they just didn't give a fuck after they blew up the house.
Old 04-06-15, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Sad to see Bianca go. I think she's pretty hot and has a night tight little body.
Yeah, she was a classic beauty all the way, but Lip's proff ain't too bad either.
Old 04-06-15, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Sammi is a terrible shot.
Maybe not... Word is that
Spoiler:
Noel Fisher might not be back for season six; he's playing a Ninja Turtle or something.
Old 04-06-15, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

He played one of the turtles in last one. They have to be filming it pretty soon though since Stephen Amell will be in it and he's gotta have a pretty limited window between seasons of Arrow. Not sure when they do the mo-cap stuff in relation to the general shooting. I wouldn't think this would overlap with shooting for Shameless, though I can't remember if they shoot all the Chicago location in one shot or over a few occasions. He could always get shot and need hospital time to recuperate or go to jail for awhile.

So is Mandy gone for good?
Old 04-07-15, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boy what a season that was!
Old 04-07-15, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

I thought the last 5 or 6 episodes were real good after a rough start to the season. Loved the Lip/professor storyline and after not caring about Frank for a couple seasons, i thought his arc with the sick doctor was one of the best things on the show in a while.

Would like to have seen more of the juvi jail stuff. Those two little bastards crack me up.

Dont really care for the whole debbie might be pregnant stuff. Not digging the bipolar stuff with whats his face either.

There are so many directions this show could go.
Old 04-07-15, 09:10 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Overall, I was satisfied with the season. I made a point to try to watch this every Sunday night (over some of the other shows), which means something these days.

I agree about the Frank storyline with the doctor was one of the better arcs this show had. I just don't know why Hank didn't just stay down there after she passed. I could take or leave the Ian bipolar stuff as well as Debbie's pregnancy storyline.

I think Lip is the character I'm most vested in. Fiona's averages about 3-4 different men per season so it lost its impact. At this point, I don't really care if she chooses Gus, Sean, someone else or no one at all. Agree that Gus' buddy said it best.
Old 04-07-15, 09:33 AM

The way things go they could bring Steve back every season or so to mess up Fiona's life until she ends up with him.
As to Ian, his bipolar could educate the public, not that's exactly a sexy story line.
Debbie's sexual adventures pales in comparison to Fiona's which is why it isn't as captivating.
Lip breaking out of the mold shows that with some effort the American dream is possible. Their own version of a Horatio Alger story.
Old 04-07-15, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Geofferson
I agree about the Frank storyline with the doctor was one of the better arcs this show had. I just don't know why Hank didn't just stay down there after she passed.
I guess without Bianca footing the bill for everything, Frank has no reason to stay down there. Even though I'm assuming it's cheaper to live down there, Frank will probably be limited in ways he can scam money from people - whereas Chicago provides more opportunity and his family is there to mooch off of.

I wonder if Bianca left something to Frank in her will. Frank seems to always be pretty lucky in that he keeps stumbling into situations that allows him to survive and enjoy himself - so this could happen.
Old 04-07-15, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
....you guys need to get that Carl & Chuckie in juvie spinoff to Showtime asap!

Solid season finale. Although, I was actually expecting Bianca to either have been mis-diagnosed or to off Frank. Regardless this season was a major step up from season 4. But I think it's time to go off into the sunset. Fingers crossed season 6 is the last.
when she dodged a phone call, when she was first diagnosed, that was what i thought the call was. i was expecting the whole thing to be a big ooops we mixed up your results ending. she goes back to chicago, keep same frank ending "she's gone boys"

veronica is still a twat about her children, not a fan of hers. have her get shot by a stray sammi bullet, then sammi can get arrested and be gone for good. two turds with one shot.

fiona choosing an addict with all his drama over a nice adult guy, same shit different finale.

no idea where they go with ian and micky, but that is probably the healthiest loving relationship on this show. hope ian gets his head out of his ass and realizes this. i also hope the story wins some kind of gay gladd award.
Old 04-08-15, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
They really dropped the gentrification storyline altogether. It was as if they just didn't give a fuck after they blew up the house.
Not really, it was just part of the second to last episode with the party in Lip's neighborhood. It's not like gentrification happens overnight. If anything I thought it moved a little quickly this season.
Old 04-09-15, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like I have mentioned before, what is it about showtime and series that center on a female lead...

Weeds
Nurse Jackie
Shameless

all characters the audience grows to DESPISE because they never evolve and make the SAME mistakes over and over... When Fiona got into the argument with Debbie I wanted to smack her upside her head, she's clueless in addition to shameless.

I pray Lip succeeds, I did find it funny the scene where Amanda punches him and confesses her love for him, followed by the applause by the onlookers.
Old 04-09-15, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by lewisb73
Like I have mentioned before, what is it about showtime and series that center on a female lead...
Interesting...and you didn't even mention Homeland!
Old 04-09-15, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll echo most of the comments.

Fiona stuff sucked pretty much all season. Just couldn't get myself to give a shit about her. She used to have more depth to her. In previous seasons she was trying to make ends meet while raising some fucked up kids and trying to have a relationship with a guy that gets her life. They pretty much dumped that and turned her into a stereotype.

Debbie was being stupid but it was funny when she called Fiona out on her bullshit.

I like Veronica when she's not being a terrible mother. Her and Kevin play well off each other. Kevin is hilarious.

Frank was dead weight until Bianca showed up. We knew how it would end and they pulled it off very well.

Lip was great even though he didn't really have much to do this season other than juggle some women. Lip definitely deserved that punch in the face.

The conclusion with Ian was great. I like when he has the moments of clarity. I can't imagine him and Mickey will be broken up for long. Best couple on TV.

The end scene during the credits was great. It's cool to see Ian and Lip together like they were in earlier seasons.

This season was about relationships and it worked overall. Hopefully next season has a shift in focus. Maybe more about the gentrification and it leading to the Gallaghers banding with the underbelly to keep them out.

Originally Posted by lewisb73

Weeds
Nurse Jackie
Shameless
Don't forget... Californication and Homeland. Episodes is the exception to the rule but even there they have a female lead that keeps making the same mistake over and over again. They just turned it into a great running joke.
Old 10-23-15, 11:31 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

I dig the poster. Emmy Rossum.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.