Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Comedy Central Roast Of Justin Bieber - 3/30/15

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 11:30 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts
The Comedy Central Roast Of Justin Bieber - 3/30/15

THE "COMEDY CENTRAL ROAST OF JUSTIN BIEBER" PREMIERES ON MONDAY, MARCH 30 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL AND ONLINE VIA CC.COM AND THE COMEDY CENTRAL APP

#BieberRoast Festivities Kick Off with "The Roast of Justin Bieber Pre-Show" Airing at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central and Online

Platform-Tailored Social Media Content and Clips to Roll Out on Comedy Central Social Accounts and CC.com Throughout the Night

The Global Comedy Event Will Air in More Than 120 Countries and Territories Around the World

NEW YORK, March 27, 2015 - There's no escaping this heat! The "Comedy Central Roast of Justin Bieber" premieres Monday, March 30 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central and simultaneously across mobile and online platforms via cc.com and the Comedy Central App. The global multiplatform comedy event (#BieberRoast) kicks off with "The Roast of Justin Bieber Pre-Show," airing 9:30 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central and simultaneously through the app and cc.com. The Roast will air in more than 120 countries and territories around the world.

The #1 brand in comedy is also leveraging the full power of its social media presence, with platform-tailored Roast content going out via Comedy Central's Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts throughout the premiere. Fans can look out for exclusive behind-the-scenes Facebook videos, photos of the night's biggest celebrities taken in the Roast's official red-carpet Instagram booth, celeb-autographed selfies via Twitter Mirror from @comedycentral, custom Vine collaborations, and the unveiling of the Tumblr #BieberRoast poster design contest winner during the Pre-Show telecast. Clips from the Roast premiere will roll out on cc.com/roast throughout the night, and viewers can use new mobile app Whipclip to instantly create and share customized video clips as they watch the premiere telecast.

The uncensored Roast will be available in the app immediately after the televised premiere, and the uncensored, extended Pre-Show director's cut is available in the app now through April 18. The Roast and Pre-Show simulcasts will be available without authentication during the premiere telecast.

Celebrity Roasters for this year's event include Hannibal Buress, Chris D'Elia, Pete Davidson, Natasha Leggero, Ludacris, Shaquille O'Neal, Jeffrey Ross, Snoop Dogg, and Martha Stewart.

The "Comedy Central Roast Of Justin Bieber" is executive produced by Joel Gallen from Tenth Planet Productions, who also served as Executive Producer and Director of the Comedy Central Roasts of James Franco, Charlie Sheen, and Donald Trump, as well as the Emmy(R)-nominated "Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner." Jonas Larsen is the Executive in Charge for the network.
These are always good for a view laughs.
Old 03-30-15, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: The Comedy Central Roast Of Justin Bieber - 3/30/15

I miss Greg Giraldo.
Old 03-30-15, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Old 03-30-15, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I always enjoy these. The James Franco one last year was fantastic. That's how every roast should be... a LIKABLE celebrity getting made fun of by his famous friends and some comedians.

Comedy Central misses the point of a roast when you do it to someone as unlikable as Beiber (and in years past, Donald Trump). I'm out for this. I hope they get someone better next year.
Old 03-30-15, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Isn't this usually for some older person who actually lived a life full of accomplishments? What did this fucker do except make money and fuck shit up and get away with it. I'd rather watch someone beat the shit out of him instead.
Old 03-30-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

The only way I'd watch this would be if they literally roasted him (like a marshmallow) over an open fire.
Old 03-30-15, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Leave Ellen alone!
Old 03-30-15, 11:38 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Pete Davidson using his dad's death on 9/11 to set-up a punchline was brutal
Old 03-30-15, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Really looking forward to this. I always enjoy these.

Anyone know if the overnight versions will be uncensored, or do we have to wait a while on those?

I just DVR'd the Franco one the other night and it was totally uncensored.
Old 03-31-15, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX

He was brutal.
Old 03-31-15, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

A writer on the show was interviewed and said that a lot of his Paul Walker related jokes were pulled since this was sponsored by Fast and the Furious 7. I haven't watched it, but did anyone who watched notice that?
Old 03-31-15, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

They cut a lot out from what I've heard, including most of the actual roasting of Bieber and the Paul Walker jokes.

Martha Stewart is great at delivering material, the whole "After Kevin got his first pay check, he went out and bought a $150,000 watch. I don't remember what they call that, but it isn't African America rich." was deadpan perfection.

Last edited by RichC2; 03-31-15 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-31-15, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I think I need to know a little more about Justin Bieber (aside from him be a self-absorbed crappy young singer) before watching the Roast, so I looked up his page on Wikipedia.

And I found out his parent never married so that means he really is a bastard from Canada! Given that he is a bastard from the North, maybe he should be called Justin Snow.
Old 03-31-15, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

I usually like these roasts (even though alot of it is pretty cringeworthy), but Justin Bieber? Maybe I'm just old and I could care less about this guy, but I don't know how much material there is that is funny about him. There are probably 2-3 things he did that every roaster will make a joke of and it will be beat to death by the end of the night.

And I still don't think the roasts have been the same since Greg Giraldo died as he was a given to bring the house down when he would roast someone.
Old 03-31-15, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually like these roasts (even though alot of it is pretty cringeworthy), but Justin Bieber?
You can tell a lot of the roasters felt the same way, by their generic comments towards Justin at the end of their turn. They really couldn't say much.

But the roasters taking shots at other roasters was hilarious. That was the highlight, at least for me.
Old 03-31-15, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was nothing more than step 1 in Bieber's PR firm's plan to rehabilitate the public image he has of being a little shit. He's getting older now and his image needs to reflect it. I guarantee his next album will be 'more mature' and 'reflect all the changes I've been through recently', while the Biebs himself will rely more on 'hope and faith' as he distances himself 'from the bad influences that were in my life.'
Old 03-31-15, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03

But the roasters taking shots at other roasters was hilarious. That was the highlight, at least for me.

Yeah, I thought the people making fun of all the others up there was hilarious. I'm going to watch it again. I'm still surprised this could air on something other than HBO. Man it was filthy.
Old 03-31-15, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieK
This was nothing more than step 1 in Bieber's PR firm's plan to rehabilitate the public image he has of being a little shit. He's getting older now and his image needs to reflect it. I guarantee his next album will be 'more mature' and 'reflect all the changes I've been through recently', while the Biebs himself will rely more on 'hope and faith' as he distances himself 'from the bad influences that were in my life.'
This roast does feel like a carefully planned part of an attempt to change his current image.

I have virtually no interest in Bieber and whatever he is famous for, this will probably be the first roast I don't watch.
Old 03-31-15, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhan
Isn't this usually for some older person who actually lived a life full of accomplishments? What did this fucker do except make money and fuck shit up and get away with it. I'd rather watch someone beat the shit out of him instead.
I echo these sentiments in full.
Old 03-31-15, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrX
I thought that Ross' joke about Davidson's father being the only person to inhale more smoke than Snoop Dogg probably the worst of the whole show...man, that was brutal.