Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

MEGADETH: "album 15th"

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 03-26-15, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts

"The writing is pretty much done, but that can always change in the studio. We'll go into the recording, probably, in early May"
teaser 1
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/41bcREG7B30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

teaser 2
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ldABIAVTNlg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spoiler:

Last edited by gerrythedon; 03-26-15 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-26-15, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: MEGADETH: "album 15th"

I hope it's better than that list pile of crap they released.
Old 03-26-15, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Yeah, the last one was a bucket of piss.
Old 03-27-15, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know when they replace their vocalist.
Old 03-27-15, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UvrSnT2Rmck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-28-15, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

teaser #4

Old 03-29-15, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lamb Of God's Chris Adler To Drum On New Megadeth Album

Dave Mustaine, the creative driving force behind original American metal and hard rock crossover giants MEGADETH, and Chris Adler, drummer for the leaders of modern American heavy metal LAMB OF GOD, will join bassist David Ellefson in the creation of MEGADETH's anticipated forthcoming album. Adler will be appearing as a guest on the album and contributing his thundering, hard-hitting, and technically precise style and skill, adding new blood and drive into the mix while staying true to MEGADETH's roots.

Dave Mustaine comments, "Chris is a tremendous talent, and an amazing person. He is going to bring a new level of excitement and energy to MEGADETH that the fans are going to lose their minds over. I have nothing but respect for my previous drummers, but this is going to absolutely KILL! Back in 1989, MEGADETH originally worked as a three piece - guitar, bass and drums - when we laid down the framework to our GRAMMY® nominated platinum album 'Rust In Peace'. I want to thank the other members of Lamb Of God for allowing this opportunity to take place for all of us in the metal community."

David Ellefson adds, "Chris has been an endearing friend to us in MEGADETH for many years now, and he truly appreciates our music and its legacy. His drumming has forged such an innovative and ferocious path for metal music and I'm very proud that he is anchoring our rhythm section with us on this new album. I can clearly see a new dawn of 'utmost heaviness' unfolding in MEGADETH's next chapter."

Chris Adler offers, "MEGADETH was the game changer for me. Growing up, there was no other band that meant as much to my musical interest and direction. There is no doubt I would not be doing what I have been doing for the past three decades had I not stumbled across 'Killing Is My Business' and the bible of all metal, 'Peace Sells' in my formative years."

"About 10 years ago, LAMB OF GOD toured with MEGADETH and I was able to share that story with Dave and David, and we have kept in touch ever since", adds Adler. "When Dave called me a while ago and asked if I was interested in making a thrash metal album with him, I felt like I must've been on a hidden camera show. "I was trying to play it cool, but I was speechless other than YES! Once I called my wife and my band guys to let everyone know, I had some time to really think about it and how I can best fit into this situation. I'm coming into this on fire. There is an incredible amount of respect, but the goal here is to make the very best thrash album we can. Together, I believe we can do something very special! Get ready for a very exciting chapter in the MEGADETH legacy."

Old 03-30-15, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So they didn't hire the rumored second guitarist and are instead recording as a three piece? This is the most interesting thing Dave has done in years.
Old 03-30-15, 05:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chris adler is going to guest on the new megadeth album
Old 03-30-15, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

Originally Posted by hezza555
chris adler is going to guest on the new megadeth album
Fo reals?
Old 03-30-15, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by islandclaws
so they didn't hire the rumored second guitarist and are instead recording as a three piece? This is the most interesting thing dave has done in years.
Rust In Peace 2!!!
Old 04-03-15, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

KIKO LOUREIRO Of ANGRA Officially Joins MEGADETH

I first met Kiko around 8 years ago for a cover shoot for Burrn! magazine. I had no idea who he was, other than the fact he was tremendously talented and that the staff from Burrn! held him in high regard. Since then I've come to see what a guitar virtuoso he is, and I'm deeply encouraged by his depth and talent. Very few Megadeth alumni have had the same feel and ability as Kiko. As Frank Sinatra says, "the best is yet to come!" -Dave Mustaine

Old 04-12-15, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Introducing Megadeth On PledgeMusic

We've launched a PledgeMusic campaign and will be posting video and photo updates from the studio and much more! Pre-order Megadeth’s new album now! Details at http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/megadeth

<iframe width="819" height="433" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x9nq-eao1NU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-14-15, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dave Mustaine on New Megadeth LP and 'Rust in Peace' Reunion That Wasn't

How far along are you with the new record?
We have 15 tracks — 13 originals and two cover songs. We did "Melt the Ice Away" by Budgie and "Foreign Policy" by Fear. At this point, the drums are all done and Chris [Adler] is back home. Kiko finished all his rhythms and he's now doing solos. He's an amazing musician, very well-rounded. He did a lot of acoustic stuff, both steel-string and nylon-string, and he played a little piano at the end of a song called "Poisonous Shadows." It's a really haunting piece, and the part that he played is very Chopin-meets-Megadeth, if that makes sense.

Can you talk at all about the sound of the new Megadeth material?
Over the years we've always said, "We're going back to our roots." But the naysayers, they just want Rust in Peace 20 times, which is never gonna happen. Because I've never written the same song twice. Unlike a lot of other rock and metal bands that, you know, they rely on a set formula, I try and make the songs all different. The funny thing, though, was that when Ellefson was doing the bass tracks I was telling him, "This is the 'Tornado' ['Tornado of Souls'] part," "This is the 'Bad Omen' part," "This is the 'Black Friday' part," "This is the 'Holy Wars' part." Because a lot of the things were in that kind of vein. Now, is it going back in time? Hell, I don't know. But I like what I'm hearing.

FULL INTERVIEW
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...wasnt-20150514
Old 06-01-15, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

MEGADETH's DAVID ELLEFSON: We Tried To Make 'Rust In Peace' Lineup Reunion Work

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/meg...unity-to-work/
Old 06-17-15, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

LAMB OF GOD's CHRIS ADLER Would 'Really Love' To Keep Playing With MEGADETH

LAMB OF GOD drummer Chris Adler was interviewed for this week's edition of the MetalSucks podcast. You can now listen to the chat below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On his current status with MEGADETH after he recently laid down the drum tracks for the band's new album:

Adler: "It was widely reported, when this all first went down, that I was gonna be the session guy for the [new MEGADETH] record, and that really never came from me or from [MEGADETH mainman] Dave [Mustaine]. I think it was just assumed, because LAMB is doing fairly well, and we have a record coming out, and nobody is in jail currently, so I think everybody thought that it would just be a session deal. And I think that's probably fairly accurate in the long run. But I'd really like to work it out. I'd really love to play drums in MEGADETH. I can't do that instead of LAMB, so the two have to be, kind of, massaged, and I don't know if that's possible. And if it's not, obviously, I'm gonna stay with LAMB OF GOD, because that's my baby. But I would absolutely love to do it. So, yeah, on my bucket list?! Record an album with MEGADETH. Also on that list: play some shows with MEGADETH. So, if I can hold on to this, if I can keep it going for a little while, I definitely wanna do it. And Dave has asked me repeatedly: 'Please become a member of the band.' I would love to take him up on that offer, but I've got my own project. And that's what I told him. I was, like, 'MEGADETH is your baby, and LAMB OF GOD is mine, and if we can make both work, I'd love to do this with you, 'cause I love MEGADETH and I want you to win. And I know there's a lot of people out there that give you a hard time, and that's just because you're the guy that changed the world with your guitar, so it's easy to pick on the king. But I still want you to win, so I wanna be involved, and I'll help you in any and every way that I can."

On whether he could pull double duty with LAMB OF GOD and MEGADETH by having the two bands tour together in the future:

Adler: "It's not gonna be up to me. I've gotta let that play itself out. I'm certainly not gonna steer LAMB OF GOD in any direction. I think it's gotta make sense for everybody, if we are gonna do some touring together. There is, actually, some stuff being talked about, currently, for later on in the year. So there is more than this one show in July [on July 18 at the Festival D'été De Québec in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada] that I'm talking to them about doing, and I would really love to be involved further down the road. It just can't… I promised the guys in LAMB that it won't get in the way, and I don't want it to get in the way. LAMB is my priority."

On other issues that are standing in the way of him being able to juggle the two bands:

Adler: "It's tough, man, because I think, really… If I was single, I'd figure it out, but, you know, I'm married, I've got a kid. I need [my wife and my kid], [and] they need me. The LAMB OF GOD schedule from here, starting, literally, today, as we're heading over to Munich [Germany], for the next twelve to eighteen months, is gonna be pretty gnarly, as far as touring goes, being home… or not being home, I should say. So to add another full-time legacy act to that would be devastating on the home front. So, we're just gonna have to see how it goes."

On MEGADETH's failed attempt earlier this year to reunite the classic "Rust In Peace" lineup of the band — featuring Nick Menza on drums and Marty Friedman on guitar:

Adler: "There's been so much talk, with Nick saying stuff [online and in interviews] and Dave, really… I saw an interview with [MEGADETH bassist] David Ellefson yesterday about how those guys really did try to make the reunion happen. And I've talked to Dave [Mustaine] about it. And I told him… Even when he called me and said, 'Hey, Chris, do you wanna make a record with me?' I said, 'You know what?! Of course I do, Dave, but everybody wants Nick and Marty in it. I think you should take the time and try to make that work.' And he said, 'Well, I did. And it just… For a lot of reasons, it's not where it should be. It's not working out. We tried playing together, we tried sorting out the money, and it's just not a good fit.' And I was, like, 'Well, I'm not your business manager, but if I was, I would tell you, whatever it takes, that is the second wind of your career. I think that's the move you need to make.' And this is me on the phone with him, he's offering me a job, and I'm telling him: 'Go get this other guy.' So I have nothing but respect for Nick. I think he's an amazing drummer. I'm stepping into enormous shoes, and I was not trying to take his job. But, after talking to David, it just seemed obvious that, for whatever reason — personality-wise, playing-wise, money-wise — it just was not the right fit at this time. And I know, as well as everybody does, that's the ace in the deck that… it's always there. So, you know, talk about playing shows with MEGADETH and all that, at some point, that could happen. And it's gonna be great for all the fans that want that to happen — including myself; I'm gonna be in the front row at that show."

LAMB OF GOD's new album, "VII: Sturm Und Drang", will be released on July 24 via via Epic in the U.S. and Nuclear Blast Entertainment, with whom the band signed a record deal for all territories outside of North America. The CD was once again produced and mixed by Josh Wilbur with engineering by Wilbur, Nick Rowe and Kyle McAulay, and was recorded at NRG Recording Studios in North Hollywood, California and Suburban Soul Studios in Torrance, California.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/lam...s-in-megadeth/
Old 06-25-15, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Drover and Broderick's new band is better than anything Megadeth have done for a long time ...

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SIDbvTpPGdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-25-15, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Old 06-25-15, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yup. He kills it for me.
Old 07-19-15, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Megadeth's new lineup featuring Kiko Loureiro on guitar and Chris Adler on drums, made its live debut Saturday night (July 18) at the Festival D'été De Québec (also known as Quebec City Summer Festival), in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. Check out behind-the-scenes and live photos from the show at facebook.com/megadeth. See professional-filmed video footage below.

<iframe width="819" height="433" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BW5Q9rxzwIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Setlist:
Hangar 18
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Skin O' My Teeth
Sweating Bullets
Tornado Of Souls
Trust
Kingmaker
A Tout Le Monde
She-Wolf
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
Cold Sweat
Hole Wars...The Punishment Due
Old 07-22-15, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kiko's a monster player and I'm looking forward to see how he fits in with Dave on this album, anything will be an improvement over Super Collider.
Old 07-22-15, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jesus, just release some sound clips already. I want to hear the "new/old direction".
Old 07-22-15, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Nah that's not cookie monster vocals. Just a really raspy scream.

I just don't like Drover. He's a lousy, soulless drummer and once again has all the feel of a metronome.
Old 07-23-15, 08:57 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon

Mustaine needs to invest in some new (larger) tees.
Old 07-25-15, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Chris Adler Talks Megadeth In Interview With 'Elliot In The Morning'

<iframe width="819" height="433" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7PaAY1GRmSU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.