Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E14) -- "Love in the Time of Hydra" -- 3/24/15

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E14) -- "Love in the Time of Hydra" -- 3/24/15

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-15, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

AS COULSON STRUGGLES TO KEEP THE TEAM TOGETHER, BOBBI AND MACK REVEAL THEIR TRUE ALLEGIANCE, ON "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D."

Edward James Olmos Guest Stars as Robert Gonzales

"Love in the Time of Hydra" - Coulson and his team are still reeling from a shocking revelation that leaves the team fractured as they must decide what to do with one of their own. Meanwhile, Bobbi and Mack reveal their true allegiance to Hunter, while elsewhere, Ward and Agent 33 embark on a personal mission, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, MARCH 24 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse.

Guest starring are Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Edward James Olmos as Robert Gonzales, Christine Adams as Agent Weaver, Kirk Achevedo as Agent Calderon, Mark Allan Stewart as Agent Oliver, Simon Kassianides as Sunil Bakshi, Raquel Gardner as Carla Talbot, Maya Stojan as Agent 33, Landall Goolsby as Selwyn, Gigi Bermingham as Rhonda, Scott Speiser as station guard, Parisa Fakhri as Lieutenant Decker, Anna Campbell as female major, Shannon McClung as short officer, Meredith Bishop as Officer Anderson and Kieren Van Den Blink as female Lieutenant.

"Love in the Time of Hydra" was written by Brent Fletcher and directed by Jesse Bochco.

Episode 14 of 22
Old 03-24-15, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
May and Agent Tight T-Shirt are going to throw down next week, methinks.
Old 03-25-15, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E14) -- "Love in the Time of Hydra" -- 3/24/15

I'm glad Agent 33 isn't using May's face anymore. Was getting kind of sick of that. I'm not sure this other SHIELD thing will pay off, it's not that interesting for me so far.
Old 03-25-15, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E14) -- "Love in the Time of Hydra" -- 3/24/15

Only made it halfway through the episode before I got interrupted, but I'm kinda surprised there are so few posts about the new ep.
Old 03-25-15, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

I haven't been a big fan of this season's plotting but I liked this episode more than most for some reason. They really should have let Agent 33 use Skye's face on a semi-permanent basis, that would have been a great way to mess with the audience. It's so obvious that I wonder about this show's direction and its showrunners. Instead, we get a plodding storyline about conflicting SHIELD agencies.

Skye also looks infinitely better with her "evil" straight hair than that hideous cut they've gone with all season. It's number two on my list of worst haircuts in television history, right after Felicity.
Old 03-25-15, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Anyone get the feeling Bobbi might be pulling a Ward and infiltrating the other Shield?
Old 03-25-15, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Anyone get the feeling Bobbi might be pulling a Ward and infiltrating the other Shield?
Yes, I think that's where it's headed too.
Old 03-25-15, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Skye also looks infinitely better with her "evil" straight hair than that hideous cut they've gone with all season. It's number two on my list of worst haircuts in television history, right after Felicity.
now now, any discussion of TV hair has to include incessant whining about Kaley Cuoco on Big Bang Theory.
Old 03-25-15, 05:38 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

absofuckinglutely this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, how awesome would it be to bang a chick who could change faces at whim...

Kate Beckinsale.. pump pump now J. Law... pump pump now J. Lo.... pump pump, now Scar Jo.... pump pump... now Jessica Biel... pumppumpppppppppppuudoooddhoooohhhhmy god...
Old 03-25-15, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

now back to the scar face... now oops, I scanned your face in by accident...
Old 03-25-15, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig

Plus you're always stuck with the same body, so there's that.
---

It's tough with this show, because it always has to defer to the movies, and as we know, A BIG one comes out in a month. Unless Fury stays underground, that's going to shake up everything.
Old 03-25-15, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Edward James Olmos.

Yeah I'm curious if Bobbi and Mack, especially Bobbi are fully loyal to this branch of "SHIELD" I suspect as a few have mentioned that Bobbi may be infiltrating it as she did when she was a member of Hydra.
Old 03-25-15, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
absofuckinglutely this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, how awesome would it be to bang a chick who could change faces at whim...

Kate Beckinsale.. pump pump now J. Law... pump pump now J. Lo.... pump pump, now Scar Jo.... pump pump... now Jessica Biel... pumppumpppppppppppuudoooddhoooohhhhmy god...
I was with you til Jude Law.
Old 03-25-15, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It would give the phrase "go fuck yourself" a whole new meaning.

There's a line in X2 which implies that when Mystique is, ahem, entertaining, she can basically take on any form she likes, face and body. I'm going to stop now before this leads perverse places.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 03-25-15 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-26-15, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They implied the same thing back in the 1990s comics with the weird protoplasm version of Supergirl, that she would assume any form for her boyfriend.
Old 03-26-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lucky Lex, I guess.

It was a little unclear to me, was the mental block why they agent was unable to just turn the mask off and have her real face be underneath until they captured Bakshi? I mean, that wasn't the mask,right, otherwise I'd think she'd use her actual face and not some scarred one.

I'm also kind of surprised they didn't use the Skye/Ward kiss in the preview, though I guess fans would see right through that.
Old 03-26-15, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Edward James Olmos.

Yeah I'm curious if Bobbi and Mack, especially Bobbi are fully loyal to this branch of "SHIELD" I suspect as a few have mentioned that Bobbi may be infiltrating it as she did when she was a member of Hydra.
I don't think she's infiltrating at all. I think her feelings towards Hunter are making her question her loyalty. I think Mack is fully loyal to the "real" Shield. He doesn't like Coulson so I can't see any logical reason for a reversal.
Old 03-26-15, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the mask was locked into the scarred face. You've probably given it as much thought as the writers of this episode.
Old 03-26-15, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What's odd to me about 2nd Shield: they have a point about Coulson's obsession with alien tech, and that he was out of control; however Hydra was also after that same alien tech, so it's not like it was just a personal matter he was using SHIELD for, there was a real threat there. And they shut that down, and cut off a few Hydra heads without some huge drawn up battle, losing Tripp in the process and giving Skye powers. Plus Fury's secrecy is basically the only thing that saved the remnants of SHIELD when Hydra took over. If anything, Coulson isn't secretive enough.

These founders of SHIELD, if they really are that, are also the ones that allowed Hydra to infiltrate in the first place.
Old 03-27-15, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think they are insinuating that Coulson may not be human any longer or working his own long con under alien control.
Old 03-27-15, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They implied the same thing back in the 1990s comics with the weird protoplasm version of Supergirl, that she would assume any form for her boyfriend.
I'm going to go and take a really, reeeeeeaaaaaaallllly cold shower.

Originally Posted by Neil M.
I don't think she's infiltrating at all. I think her feelings towards Hunter are making her question her loyalty. I think Mack is fully loyal to the "real" Shield. He doesn't like Coulson so I can't see any logical reason for a reversal.
It's pretty clear that Mac doesn't trust Coulson, especially after the death of Trip, and questions has leadership capabilities. But I'm not sure why Agent Tight T-Shirt is there, she seems to have been in Coulson's corner from the get-go. Mockingbird doesn't seem to have any logical reason to betray Coulson's SHIELD, or really even to question him, she hasn't lost anyone or anything. Her feelings for Hunter are obviously genuine, but Hunter's been freelance for so long, I'm surprised he's as loyal to Coulson as he is. It's sort of like they're trying to play their feelings as the same but their loyalties as different, but both are a little too thinly sketched. I get that they don't trust Coulson, but it seems extreme for them to go with a full military attack. I think the idea is that they're going to attack at the same time as the Inhumans and start a bigger conflict.

I think the mask was locked into the scarred face. You've probably given it as much thought as the writers of this episode.
I think that the scar is actually on her face and the mask can cover it up when it's fixed.

What's odd to me about 2nd Shield: they have a point about Coulson's obsession with alien tech, and that he was out of control; however Hydra was also after that same alien tech, so it's not like it was just a personal matter he was using SHIELD for, there was a real threat there. And they shut that down, and cut off a few Hydra heads without some huge drawn up battle, losing Tripp in the process and giving Skye powers. Plus Fury's secrecy is basically the only thing that saved the remnants of SHIELD when Hydra took over. If anything, Coulson isn't secretive enough. These founders of SHIELD, if they really are that, are also the ones that allowed Hydra to infiltrate in the first place.
The better question is where the hell have they been? They've been laying low and watching Coulson and is that the dust has settled on the major threats, and now they want to make a move?

I think they are insinuating that Coulson may not be human any longer or working his own long con under alien control.
I...guess. We saw the writing interfere with his mind, but we haven't really seen any sign that he's under alien control or has some sort of malevolent agenda as yet.
Old 03-27-15, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Stop trying to make Agent Tight T-Shirt happen!
Old 03-27-15, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It is a very tight shirt.
Old 03-28-15, 12:42 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

These alter-SHIELD folks think Fury is dead, and therefore Coulson is not the "heir apparent". I guess they assume he just appointed himself head of SHIELD.
Old 03-29-15, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
Edward James Olmos.
Is there any other actor with more natural authority?

Agent Tight T-Shirt seems to be, or at least she's pushing Lance hard to join their side. Her character is a little thinly sketched, so it's kind of hard to tell. She was supposed to be infiltrating HYDRA as a member of Coulson's SHIELD, so if she was working for the other SHIELD then it was as a triple agent. Or she is infiltrating the "real" SHIELD for Coulson against Mac... My head hurts now, this is like Inception. Mac seems pretty committed to Olmos, she just seems to be along beside him, she didn't seem to feel as strong about it as he did. Like I said, it's a little weird.

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Stop trying to make Agent Tight T-Shirt happen!
It is a very tight shirt.
I call them as I see them .

Originally Posted by Eric F
These alter-SHIELD folks think Fury is dead, and therefore Coulson is not the "heir apparent". I guess they assume he just appointed himself head of SHIELD.
Coulson's SHIELD operates off the grid though, don't they? They represent themselves more than SHIELD proper.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.