Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E13) -- "One of Us" -- 3/17/15

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-15, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E13) -- "One of Us" -- 3/17/15

SKYE'S FATHER WAGES WAR AGAINST COULSON'S TEAM, ON "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." ON ABC

Blair Underwood Guest Stars as Dr. Andrew Garner

Drea De Matteo Guest Stars as Karla Faye Gideon

"One of Us" - Cal seeks revenge on Coulson by assembling a team of Super Villains to destroy S.H.I.E.L.D. Meanwhile, May calls on renowned Dr. Andrew Garner (Blair Underwood), her charismatic ex-husband, with a crisis that threatens to tear the team apart, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, MARCH 17 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse.

Guest starring are Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Kyle Maclachlan as The Doctor/Cal, Jamie Harris as Gordon, Blair Underwood as Dr. Andrew Garner, Drea De Matteo as Karla Faye Gideon, Ric Sarabia as Wendell Levi, Geo Corvera as Francis Noche, Jeff Daniel Phillips as David A. Angar, Gregg Martin as student, Jack Kennedy as security guard and Jamal Duff as John Bruno.

"One of Us" was written by Monica Owusu-Breen and directed by Kevin Tancharoen.

Episode 13 of 22
Old 03-18-15, 07:54 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E13) -- "One of Us" -- 3/17/15

Was really hoping for
Spoiler:
S.W.O.R.D.
but a
Spoiler:
duplicate S.H.I.E.L.D.
makes sense...
Spoiler:
especially one led by Edward James Olmos.
Old 03-18-15, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just couldn't get into this episode.
Old 03-18-15, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Me neither. Hated the "special" people, especially metal fingernails woman. Surgically implanted means they could have just been removed or at least the sharp filed down without the need for those ridiculous metal gloves. And just having metal fingernails means she can take on Mockingbird? Ugh.
Old 03-18-15, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I realize I'm probably alone here but even with its issues I liked the first season much better than this one. I'm just not engaging with the characters, new or old. With the exception of May most of the original characters now seem like totally different people and none of the new ones are all that interesting.
Old 03-18-15, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Me neither. Hated the "special" people, especially metal fingernails woman. Surgically implanted means they could have just been removed or at least the sharp filed down without the need for those ridiculous metal gloves. And just having metal fingernails means she can take on Mockingbird? Ugh.
You'd think that they could just surgically remove the metal. Problem solved. On the plus side, Kyle MacLachlan is chewing so much of the scenery, you can't see it if the production values go down.
Old 03-18-15, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I want to know she wipes her ass.
Old 03-18-15, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

so 2 shields? that seems.....odd. wonder what the purpose of that is. the coulson one with some transparency and then the secret one that nobody knows about. maybe a power struggle on how to run an organization like this?

also, in the preview, we got to see:

Spoiler:
ward, so i assume he is with the new shield. all is forgiven, i guess.
Old 03-18-15, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spoiler:
Originally Posted by DJariya

Episode 13 of 22

I thought the episode was so-so, but jeez, that promotional art is wretched. It's like they're actively trying to kill this show.
Old 03-18-15, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg MacGuffin

I thought the episode was so-so, but jeez, that promotional art is wretched. It's like they're actively trying to kill this show.
The League of Evil: A guy with a pocket protector, the character actor who stands around in the background while drug deals go down, Evil Dale Cooper, that chick from The Sopranos, and a Bane cosplayer.

Maybe Bob is Skye's father!
Old 03-18-15, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Talk about lame villains. A chick with longish metal fingernails and a guy whos power seems to be that he knows how to use google. What purpose did the fingernail chick serve? What did she do that the strong man or even Jekyl himself couldn't?
Old 03-18-15, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Deftones
so 2 shields? that seems.....odd. wonder what the purpose of that is. the coulson one with some transparency and then the secret one that nobody knows about. maybe a power struggle on how to run an organization like this? also, in the preview, we got to see: * SPOILER *
I'm assuming that the SHIELD for which Agent Tight T-Shirt and Mac are working is rebuilt after the events of WS. They may even have some sort of legitimate government backing. They're obviously still covert, since Coulson clearly doesn't know anything about them. I'm trying to figure out what they want from Coulson, maybe they're monitoring Skye? They're continuing to let Coulson's ragtag unit operate at the moment, they must be watching him so that they can find something out, or are waiting for him to discover something maybe they were trying to find out some sort of information about the Inhumans, and we're following Coulson to the city? I'm still trying to figure out why eyeless guy picked up Mr. Hyde. He didn't want him drawing attention to superpowered beings, but he left the rest of Cal's crew to throw down with SHIELD?

And yeah, for a supervillain crew, they are kind of lame. We later find out that most of them don't have actual powers. The girl with the nails is kind of weird, she can slash people, but given that Mr. Hyde has superhuman strength, what value does that have? They were a daily motley crew, but beyond showmanship, their powers probably weren't enough to cause major damage, five minutes with an MCU superhero proper probably would've been cleanup. Fredereica Kruger was particularly lame. So she couldn't just slit her boyfriend's throat with a knife? They don't even look that long. Can't SHIELD just surgically remove them? They'd be beyond cumbersome and not much use.
Old 03-18-15, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
I'm still trying to figure out why eyeless guy picked up Mr. Hyde. He didn't want him drawing attention to superpowered beings, but he left the rest of Cal's crew to throw down with SHIELD?
The teleporter is protecting Hyde because they're both Inhuman. The rest of the crew doesn't matter to him because they aren't.

I think the new SHIELD is a front for criminal elements to give themselves legitimacy.
Old 03-18-15, 11:57 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Adamantium?

Alter SHIELD is run by this guy.
Old 03-19-15, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by randian
The teleporter is protecting Hyde because they're both Inhuman. The rest of the crew doesn't matter to him because they aren't.

I think the new SHIELD is a front for criminal elements to give themselves legitimacy.
Didn't the teleporter distinctively say that Hyde was a science experiment and NOT one of them? He probably saved/teleported him because he was married to the girl that taught teleporter kid to do his things for unknown reasons.
Old 03-19-15, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Didn't the teleporter distinctively say that Hyde was a science experiment and NOT one of them? He probably saved/teleported him because he was married to the girl that taught teleporter kid to do his things for unknown reasons.
I don't think he SAVED Hyde. Angar was just about to put the entire town to sleep so they likely would have beaten SHIELD. He did call Hyde a science experiment and said he took him because Hyde was "making too much noise". Apparently the Inhumans just got tired of Hyde's shit.
Old 03-19-15, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Looks like we may be losing someone to another show. A villain (sort of).

Spoiler:
Ruth Negga, best known for her role as Raina in "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." alongside big screen roles in "12 Years a Slave" and "World War Z," has become the first cast member to sign on for AMC's TV series adaptation of the "Preacher" comics.
Old 03-19-15, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts

Right, both Simmons and the Inhuman made pointed comments about people born with abilities (but don't call them mutants, they're Inhumans darnit!) and people given enhanced abilities through experimentation being different.

I agree with the ragtag Masters of Evil being less than formidable; how did they even get to Angar through all the security at the mental institution after they lost the element of surprise? Steroids dude isn't impervious to gunfire, is he?

Coulson's SHIELD is kind of a joke anyway. They're so understaffed that Coulson has to go on field missions, and the only backup they have is May (formidable as she is), even though they know they're outnumbered (plus the only transport available is the gigantic aircraft, what happened to the quinjets?). Aren't not-Luke-Cage and Mockingbird looking for some kind of box of Fury's that Coulson has in his desk? The next episode blurb does have me excited, though.
Old 03-19-15, 12:48 PM

The size of Coulson's SHIELD has been ambiguous... at least to me. Coulson constantly makes references to contacts in the field, but unsure if they are actual agents or just friendlies. Plus, isn't this new SHIELD supposed to be top secret? Then why did Talbot talk about them to the press during the whole prisoner transfer of Agent Ward? It really makes you wonder how the various Avengers cannot be aware that their buddy Coulson and SHIELD in general are still out there. Especially Hawkeye and Widow.
Old 03-19-15, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by randian
The teleporter is protecting Hyde because they're both Inhuman. The rest of the crew doesn't matter to him because they aren't. I think the new SHIELD is a front for criminal elements to give themselves legitimacy.
I'm pretty sure that Hyde ISN'T Inhuman, and that he came across his powers chemically.
Old 03-19-15, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Hyde definitely is not an inhuman. In the diner he said he used chemical formulas on himself. Eyeless guy specifically said "you're not one of us, you're a science experiment". Eyeless took him because he was calling too much attention to those with abilities, and also to maybe have him meet with someone else (possibly outside the doors to the smashed up room)?
Old 03-19-15, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The villains were a huge waste, and this was probably the first episode that felt like filler in awhile. Next week looks much more interesting.
Old 03-20-15, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

why did she have razor blades on all her fingers? why not one just some of them?
yelling guy was cool but didnt do much
Old 03-20-15, 12:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm getting a Second Foundation vibe from the other SHIELD.
Old 03-20-15, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
why did she have razor blades on all her fingers? why not one just some of them?
yelling guy was cool but didnt do much
I think it was mentioned that they were grafted on. Do they perhaps grow like fingernails?

Doesn't matter. Doubt we'll see them again.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.