Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Banshee (S3E10) -- Season Finale -- "We All Pay Eventually" -- 3/13/15

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: What notable character will die in the Banshee season finale?
Sugar
0%
Gordon Hopewell
42.86%
Carrie Hopewell
0%
Job
7.14%
Brock Lotus
0%
Rebecca
7.14%
Deva Hopewell
7.14%
Colonel Stowe
28.57%
Multiple notable dead bodies (name them)
7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-15, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

As Lucas recalls a secret chapter in his life, Job gets special treatment from a fan of his work, while blaming Carrie for blowing the group's cover. Unexpectedly joined by Gordon, Lucas prepares to return to Genoa for a final negotiation with Stowe (Langley Kirkwood), or die trying. Bunker vows to shut down the Brotherhood, but his brother Calvin (Chris Coy) isn't about to back down. Joined by Rebecca and a new ally, Proctor heads to Philly to settle a score with Frazier (Ron Cephas Jones) and the Black Beards. After a bloody denouement in Banshee, Brock (Matt Servitto) finally gets what he's been wishing for.

Written by Jennifer Ames & Steve Turner; directed by Loni Peristere.

Episode 10 of 10

Renewed for an 8 episode 4th season, which will air next year
Old 03-13-15, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Banshee (S3E10) -- Season Finale -- "We All Pay Eventually" -- 3/13/15

Warning, the Banshee Facebook page has a spoilery painting cover photo.

I'm only putting the link via spoilertv.com. It's still currently on their page. It's vague, but you could kind of guess what it means.

Spoiler:
http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/Banshee/Season%203/Posters/Banshee+310+Poster.jpg.php

Check out the image if you dare.
Old 03-13-15, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I say the colonel and Gordon die.
Old 03-13-15, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Unfortunately I think Rebecca's done for.
Old 03-13-15, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I say the colonel and Gordon die.
Which would lead to the possibility of the Carrie and Hood getting back together by the series finale, as they can work that angle in the final season or two.
Old 03-13-15, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i still believe it gets revealed that deva is actually Oleg's and Hood bangs her. i also think he ends up banging Job in his marie Antoinette get up (or already did).

i am trying to work out who this show can lose and still work well. you need job to lisbeth salander things okay, you need carrie because bush shots, you need sugar for racial equality (and he is too good playing off Job), so i am guessing the colonel and gordon. which sucks, because i like ass kicking gordon. maybe brock to show that beards are not bulletproof?

billy ravenclaw (or Walks With Hufflepuff?) might also go, to make Siobhans death even more tragically useless.
Old 03-13-15, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Looks like I called it right. I figured Gordon was dead because they seemed to redeem him this year, by having him get rid of his vices. The Colonel was obvious since they don't carry over bad guys from year to year other than Proctor.

They took Job! Noooooo!

It was awesome to watch the two assaults on the two different fronts. The Salvadoran dude with the sword was hilarious.

So I guess next season is them going after Job, which maybe allows them to leave town. I still don't get how they will keep the town of Banshee in if they are moving to Pittsburgh. They seem to be setting up another thing with Bunker, but it doesn't make sense if they move out of Banshee. That dude who plays Bunker did a legit job in this episode with his angst for being a cop. I really am interested on how this will work next year. Bounce back and forth?

I assume Dalton is going to play into next season some how. Are Hood and Proctor going to team up?
Old 03-14-15, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Banshee season 4: The Search for Job

Freaking awesome as hell. That was so action packed. Agree, the simultaneous cuts of the 2 assaults was awesome as hell. Didn't realize that Gordon was such a badass sniper. at Carrie gutting the Colonel. That guy was some kind of roided out freak show. I'm glad they redeemed Gordon and he went out a hero saving Carrie.

Poor Mr. Frazier

With Hood quitting as Banshee sheriff and Job MIA at lord knows where, I guess the move to Pittsburgh does make sense logistically. I have to wonder how much story will come from Banshee though. The flashback with the Dalton character has to figure in somehow as Deftones just said for next season. I think Hood may turn to him for help.

The cliffhanger with Bunker and his psycho brother will probably play a part next season as well.

Good Lord, now we have to wait 10 fucking months for next season.

I may actually watch some of those Banshee origins short films in the meantime to fill the gap.

Now Cinemax, please bring back Strike Back ASAP.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-14-15 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-14-15, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

I'm thinking that Dalton might be the one who has Job. He wants him for black ops operations or something.

All in all, pretty cool. Not sure how I feel about Lucas Hood being ex-special forces or whatever he was. Considering his skill sets, it shouldn't be surprising, but it seems like it might be a bit too much backstory for him. He's already been a world-class thief, a prisoner for fifteen years, a con man, a sheriff, and now he's been a soldier and black ops? Then again, this thing is so completely OTT you just have to go with it and enjoy the ride.

Too bad about Gordon, seemed like he was finally getting his shit together.

Looks like the neo nazis will be the next big bad.
Old 03-14-15, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

Didn't realize that Gordon was such a badass sniper.
They sort of foreshadowed that with the fight in the empty pool. He obviously had some skills we didn't know of yet. I was surprised he knew how to fight.
Old 03-14-15, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

With Hood quitting as Banshee sheriff and Job MIA at lord knows where, I guess the move to Pittsburgh does make sense logistically. I have to wonder how much story will come from Banshee though. The flashback with the Dalton character has to figure in somehow as Deftones just said for next season. I think Hood may turn to him for help.

The cliffhanger with Bunker and his psycho brother will probably play a part next season as well.
it was pointed out to me, but Dalton was the guy who sent hood to kill Job when they met. he was the reason job deleted hoods entire history. i thought the name was just a little Roadhouse nod and didn't recognize it at first.

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I'm thinking that Dalton might be the one who has Job. He wants him for black ops operations or something.

All in all, pretty cool. Not sure how I feel about Lucas Hood being ex-special forces or whatever he was. Considering his skill sets, it shouldn't be surprising, but it seems like it might be a bit too much backstory for him. He's already been a world-class thief, a prisoner for fifteen years, a con man, a sheriff, and now he's been a soldier and black ops? Then again, this thing is so completely OTT you just have to go with it and enjoy the ride.

Looks like the neo nazis will be the next big bad.
i dont really want to know hoods backstory, i just like the idea everyone is a mossad level fighter "somehow", and then running with it.

i also anticipate an appearance of the guy who recruited Bunker into the nazis, as he was described as the biggest person he had ever seen. maybe they bring back Geno Segers in a wig?

when still tied up, job and carrie talking over each other, i thought it was a particularly violent episode of parenthood i was watching

at first it was hood who could take insane levels of abuse and be fine the next day. last episode the black merc was beating on carrie's ribs with an ASP, yet she is still ass kicking and functional enough to fight/fuck/kill the colonel.

this is going to be ten long months until it is back. i like strike back, but it won't fill the hole in me soul that banshee left.

it has been so long since a nude scene, i would even welcome naked burton butt.
Old 03-14-15, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Gordon was a former Marine so he definitely knew how to throw down.

Anyways, best show on TV for the third straight year. And the setup for season four with The Brotherhood and the search for job is just as awesome looking.
Old 03-14-15, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im new the show and loved this finale. I really gotta go back and see the first 2 seasons. And its torture watching clips for the filming of strike back, I wanna see that damnit!
Old 03-15-15, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Good Lord, now we have to wait 10 fucking months for next season.
Worse than the wait, it's only going to be an 8 episode season.
Old 03-16-15, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Great season finale. 10 months is gonna feel a lot longer !
Old 03-17-15, 09:14 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

I just hope it's not like Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, where Spock was hardly in the whole thing. Job has got to be one of the most fascinating TV characters of all time.
Old 03-31-15, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101
Worse than the wait, it's only going to be an 8 episode season.
Finally caught up and finished the season this weekend. Awesome stuff as you all mentioned.

Should we be worried that season 4 is going to be the last with that smaller order?
Old 03-31-15, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Mordred
Finally caught up and finished the season this weekend. Awesome stuff as you all mentioned.

Should we be worried that season 4 is going to be the last with that smaller order?
They want to get to 5 seasons. The shorter episode is probably due to some budget cuts and relocating the show to a new state. It's shooting in Pittsburgh, PA this time instead of North Carolina. North Carolina wiped out their state film/TV tax incentive program and that's why they had to move.
Old 04-01-15, 07:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I really like the scenes with the Amish and especially their reactions to stuff and am hoping they don't lose that if they move away from Banshee.
Old 04-06-15, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Season Four casting news: http://tvline.com/2015/04/06/eliza-d...cast-spoilers/

Eliza Dushku is making the leap from slayer to slayer-hunter.

The Buffy alumna will recur in the upcoming fourth season of Cinemax’s Banshee, our sister site Deadline reports, playing Agent Veronica Dawson, a “sexy and shockingly reckless FBI profiler.”

Agent Dawson will reportedly team up with Lucas Hood (Antony Starr) to catch a serial killer. Of course, there’s a good chance her “personal demons” will make that task easier said than done.
please get naked please get naked please get naked

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 04-06-15 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-28-15, 07:44 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Season 4 will be the last: http://tvline.com/2015/07/28/banshee...max-cancelled/
Old 07-28-15, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Mother fucker! Fuck you Cinemax!
Old 07-28-15, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk God

That fucking sucks!!!

This and Strike Back both ending after only 4 seasons.
Old 07-28-15, 08:28 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Fuck that. One of the better shows on TV and Cinemax won't have shit without this. Pisses me off, more than the 6 episode final season of Continuum. At least it can lead to a true finale. I thought it was more popular.
Old 07-28-15, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm fine with season four being the last one as long as it's what the producers want and not Cinemax canceling it.

I sort of remember reading or hearing that they were looking at five seasons total, though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.