Resident Evil Revelations 2: $5.99 gets you more value than $60

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-14, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2: featuring Claire Redfield -2015

RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2 STARS CLAIRE REDFIELD
Along with Barry Burton's daughter.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 is set to star series favourite Claire Redfield along with the daughter of Resident Evil 1's Barry Burton, called Moira.

That's according to a new reveal in the latest issue of GamesMaster (via Push-Start), which also confirms the game's campaign can be tackled in both single-player or co-op modes. While Claire will be making the most of her years of experience to be the title's primary combat expert, Moira's role is more backup-orientated.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 takes place between the events of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 in a detention facility on an abandoned island. Claire and Moira are kidnapped and deposited there upon the game's opening, tasked with facing down a new enemy type called the Afflicted, with producer Michiteru Okabe describing them as "something quite different" from the series' traditional zombies.

Fans of the more tradition Resident Evil titles will be pleased to hear the game is set to be a survival horror entry in the franchise, more akin to the original Revelations or early Resi games, instead of mimicking the action-filled adventures of 5 and 6.

"The project has been finding the line between listening to fan feedback and also doing something different to confound expectations," Okabe added. "I want this to be both a game that doesn't lose what made its predecessor great, while also bringing something new and exciting to the Resident Evil series. Achieving that lofty goal by bringing together past and future will make this an itchy-tasty prospect indeed."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...laire-redfield

Claire
Old 09-09-14, 10:21 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2: featuring Claire Redfield -2015

Resident Evil Revelations 2 will launch on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC in 2015.
Really looking forward to this. I finally got around to playing the first Revelations this summer and thought it was the perfect hybrid of old school and new school Resident Evil. Considering that one began as a 3DS game, I wonder what changes will come to the sequel's gameplay now that it's being designed as a console game from the start.
Old 09-10-14, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

Down for this. Only RE game I've disliked (and stopped playing after 30 min) was Operation Raccoon City.
Old 09-10-14, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2 WILL BE AN EPISODIC EXPERIENCE
Disc version released after final instalment.

The campaign will be broken into four episodes that will come out at weekly intervals. According to the press release, each one will contain "hours" of gameplay and will take of its serialised format by using "dramatic cliffhangers".

Capcom is offering players several choices on how to experience the game. Episodes can be downloaded individually at $5.99/€5.99 or players can buy a season pass for $24.99/€24.99, which will automatically download each episode as soon as they become available.Once the final episode is released, the entire experience will then be issued as a retail disc.

Both the digital and physical versions contain additional game content (hence it working out at slightly more than buying the episodes individually), with disc version carrying even more added extras. The specifics of this content will be announced at a later date.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...dic-experience
Old 09-10-14, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

When will video game companies stop nickel and dimeing gamers to death and when is the first episode available for preorder??
Old 09-10-14, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
When will video game companies stop nickel and dimeing gamers to death and when is the first episode available for preorder??

Old 09-10-14, 04:30 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Episodes can be downloaded individually at $5.99/€5.99 or players can buy a season pass for $24.99/€24.99, which will automatically download each episode as soon as they become available.
Am I missing something here?

$5.99 x 4 episodes = $23.96

Isn't the season pass usually cheaper than buying the content individually?
Old 09-10-14, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DRG
Am I missing something here?

$5.99 x 4 episodes = $23.96

Isn't the season pass usually cheaper than buying the content individually?
Both the digital and physical versions contain additional game content (hence it working out at slightly more than buying the episodes individually), with disc version carrying even more added extras. The specifics of this content will be announced at a later date
Old 09-11-14, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wondered when games were going to start doing this. I'm MORE likely to play something like this if it's episodic.
Old 09-11-14, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="610" height="343" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9w41WVzp2K4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-11-14, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

I'll wait for the disc for the extra content.
Old 12-02-14, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New deets and a new trailer from Capcom:

He’s back! Fan favourite and classic S.T.A.R.S. member Barry Burton will be returning in Resident Evil Revelations 2. Headed for the remote prison island in search of his missing daughter, Moira Burton, Barry meets brand new character Natalia Korda, a little girl who has a strange power that allows her to sense enemies and hidden items. Using this skill alongside Barry’s proven combat abilities, players will need to alternate between the two to survive the mysterious island and find Moira.

Each episode in Resident Evil Revelations 2 includes Raid mode content and two full playable scenarios focused on the previously announced Claire and Moira campaign and the newly confirmed Barry and Natalia storyline. Barry and Natalia will need to uncover clues as they fight to survive and their journey will lead them to terrifying encounters with two brand new enemies: The Rotten and The Revenant. The Rotten have bones that are visible through their bodies and stop at nothing to hunt down the living, and the horrific Revenant are formed from parts of human beings sewn together.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 will release as weekly digital episodes at £4.99 / €5.99 / $5.99 each on the following dates next year:

(February and March 2015 across PSN, Xbox Live, and Steam)

We’re also pleased to confirm that the following content is included in the Complete Season, available to purchase for £19.99/€24.99/$24.99:

- All four main episodes plus:

Two additional spin-off episodes that focus on telling the side stories of each of the two new Resident Evil characters: Moira Burton and Natalia Korda*
Additional RAID mode character: Hunk*

A full retail box set will be available 13th March across Europe and will feature all of the below content. Please check retailers for individual pricing:

- All Complete Season content:

All four main episodes
Two additional spin-off episodes that focus on telling the side stories of each of the two new Resident Evil characters: Moira Burton and Natalia Korda*
Additional RAID mode character: Hunk*

Plus:

Additional RAID mode character: Albert Wesker *
Four alternative costumes (one for each of the main characters: Claire, Moira, Barry and Natalia*)
RAID mode Throwback Stage Pack featuring four stages from recent Resident Evil titles*

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hUlMdzAb5TY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-03-14, 12:34 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I'm going to wait for the disc just for the extra RAID content. The RAID mode was my favorite part of the last one and I spent a lot of time on it. Easily the best 'side game' on a RE title for me, as Mercenaries I've always found a bit monotonous.
Old 12-03-14, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 557 Likes on 408 Posts

They are pretty much giving people no reason to buy it digitally since it has more content on disc and comes out only a month after the digital version.
Old 12-04-14, 10:52 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like PS3 and PS4 users will get the Throwback Pack free if they preorder the digital version.

If you were at New York Comic Con last week (wow, last week already?!) you might have heard about the PlayStation US exclusive offer for Resident Evil Revelations 2 during our Resident Evil Returns panel. Starting this week in North America you’ll now be able to pre-purchase the Complete Season which scores you all four story episodes and some bonus content for only $24.99. Not only that, but by pre-purchasing the Complete Season on PlayStation Store you’ll also receive the RAID Mode Throwback Stage Pack (upon its release) as an added bonus. The ‘Throwback Stage Pack’ will add a number of memorable environments from recent RE titles to RAID Mode in Resident Evil Revelations 2.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...tent-detailed/

So for PS* players who preorder, the only bonus in going with the retail set with be Wesker and a few RAID costumes (aside from having it on disc, obviously).

Also, I did see this:

All the bonus episodes and content will be also available to buy as separate DLC for players who chose to buy the episodes individually.
There is a $15 difference between the digital 'Complete Season' and the retail 'box set', so I guess it will depend on how much those extra box set items cost as DLC. If the 'Complete Season' is only $24.99 I can't imagine they'll charge more than $10 for a few more RAID maps and characters, but who knows.

Last edited by DRG; 12-04-14 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-28-15, 11:36 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Resident Evil Revelations 2: $5.99 gets you more value than $60

Anyone else pick this up? The first episode is 5.99 and gets you about a 2-3 hour campaign along with Raid mode which adds many hours of single player or local coop (online coop is not coming until all 4 episodes come out) You can also buy the full season for 24.99 and get two bonus episodes at some future point.

The campaign is solid, and while it looks sort of bad, it plays very well. Sort of a mix between Resident Evil 4-6. After you beat it though, the time trial and invisible modes become available, and these elevate a solid 7 of 10 game to 9 out of 10. The invisible mode alone (which has been in other Resident evil games) is amazing. Your side kick in each campaign can point out the zombies and the switching back and forth is so well done, it almost feels like the game was made for this mode.

It is a very strong start, and I highly recommend it, especially for the ridiculously low price of 5.99 (and honestly the 24.99 is worth grabbing, though I don't know how great the two bonus missions will be)

Raid mode is just the icing on the cake. I have probably put in 10 plus hours on that already. The amount of maps are amazing, with many coming from resident evil 6. It plays out like Rainbow Six terrorist hunts. You have different modes, but most are kill X number of zombies as you move through a map. There are a few defend missions as well. Enemy types and map design get more and more complicated as you play. You also level up, unlocking weapons and powers as you do so. Very addictive and challenging.

thumbs up from me...

Last edited by foxdvd; 02-28-15 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-01-15, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 401 Likes on 301 Posts
Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2: $5.99 gets you more value than $60

I'll pick it up later down the line when it's on sale.
Old 03-01-15, 08:11 PM
gamer for life

Quick look at local coop and my son being an idiot..

Old 03-01-15, 09:04 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love that mode. Shit gets crazy in that one should you last a very long time and get crazy spawning of those damn zombie bastards.
Old 03-01-15, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't played a Resident Evil game in a long time. Really enjoying it so far
Old 03-01-15, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...ld-2015-a.html
Old 03-01-15, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

GOOD

+Confident story
+Excellent co-op
+Raid mode

– Unimaginative environments
– Predictable enemies

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...isode-1-review
Old 03-02-15, 12:22 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Merged threads...
Old 03-02-15, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Going to finish Assassin's Creed this week and then move on to this. I'll just buy the first episode and then the season pass (I thought originally you could just buy the whole game with the season pass price of 25 but doesn't appear to be the case). Still, 30 bucks seems reasonable for a full fledged RE game. I too like the weekly chapter releases. When TellTale did this with Walking Dead, although far from weekly updates, it added to the excitement of waiting and seeing what the next chapter brought.
Old 03-02-15, 07:03 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
GOOD

+Confident story
+Excellent co-op
+Raid mode

– Unimaginative environments
– Predictable enemies

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...isode-1-review
That was about how I felt about the game after beating it and playing raid...it was not until I did the invisible mode that the game shot up on fun factor.

I now agree more with destructoid's 9 review

http://www.destructoid.com/review-re...1-287982.phtml

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.