DVD Talk
Star Wars Clone Wars Seasons question.... [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Clone Wars Seasons question....

Bowser
12-30-14, 03:54 AM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the DVD and Blu Ray versions on the Clone Wars season share the same special features/supplemental material?

Or does the Blu seasons have more extras exclusive to the bluray format?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Shannon Nutt
12-30-14, 09:14 AM
The Blu-rays include a "Jedi Temple Archives" section that isn't on the DVD sets. I believe these "Archives" are bonus artwork, designs, test footage, etc. for each of the episodes. I hear they're pretty extensive, if you're into that sort of thing. If not, you probably won't be missing much.

Guru Askew
12-30-14, 12:36 PM
The big dealbreaker for the DVD releases is the 4 unfinished Utapau episodes that are exclusive to the Blu-ray release of The Lost Missions.

Even in their unfinished state they're perfectly watchable and I'd consider any collection of Clone Wars episodes incomplete without them.

If I had invested in the DVD releases and bought the 6th season only to wind up with 131/135 episodes I'd be pretty frustrated.

milo bloom
12-30-14, 04:50 PM
The big dealbreaker for the DVD releases is the 4 unfinished Utapau episodes that are exclusive to the Blu-ray release of The Lost Missions.

Even in their unfinished state they're perfectly watchable and I'd consider any collection of Clone Wars episodes incomplete without them.

If I had invested in the DVD releases and bought the 6th season only to wind up with 131/135 episodes I'd be pretty frustrated.

I stuck with DVD for the whole series. I figured I could watch the unfinished eps online, and now I'm wondering if I should have bothered with them at all since they're on Netflix. I hope the commentaries are worth it, once I finish S6, I'll go back do a rewatch of the extras.

Bowser
01-01-15, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the info, guys!

Looks like I will be going blu with this series, though picking them up now or waiting for a possible complete series set is the question now.....

Guru Askew
01-02-15, 03:08 PM
A complete series set is unlikely. Currently there's a set of seasons 1-5 available. It doesn't include the movie or the Lost Missions episodes. The movie is out of print but can still be found for a reasonable price.

The reason its unlikely that a complete-series set will be released is that Warner controls the movie and the TV episodes that aired on Cartoon Network (seasons 1-5) whereas Disney controls The Lost Missions and the Utapau story reels.

The rights to the Warner-controlled stuff could potentially lapse and revert back to Disney/LucasFilm (and this may be why the movie is OOP currently) but for all we know Warner could have the rights locked up tight for years.

Bowser
01-03-15, 02:07 AM
Thank you for that information, Guru.

I wasnt aware of that and appreciate the heads up as I could have been waiting around for quite awhile before such a set might ever be released.

I like to think i am patient but I know I am not THAT patient on a maybe at best. Plus I would like to get more familiar with the series before EP 7 anyways.

Thanks again!

Bowser
01-03-15, 02:16 AM
One more question, is there any differences with the *collectors edition* of seasons 1-5? Don't really care about packaging or the booklet, but as far as extras/bonus content goes...?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0