DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

You're the Worst (FX) -- Season 1 -- December 16th via MOD

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-14, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
You're the Worst (FX) -- Season 1 -- December 16th via MOD

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QTEPPLU?...89&camp=211189

$30 and DVD only via MOD. Actually came out yesterday. I know for most of you DVD sucks and you won't spend a dime on it. But, there is no BD release for this.

This show aired this past summer and was hilarious. Probably one of the best new comedies of 2014.
Old 12-17-14, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: You're the Worst (FX) -- Season 1 -- December 16th via MOD

I'd consider getting it, but $30 is too rich for my blood. I'll keep an eye on it, and wait for a price drop.
Old 12-17-14, 11:08 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This show was a big surprise for me. I skipped it when it first ran because the ads didn't grab me at all, but I checked it out after I saw quite a few end of the season articles talking about how great it turned out, and it ended up being one of my favorite shows of the year.

Bummed it's just a DVD MOD, though. Would have liked to see it on Blu with some special features. But I hope some people check it out - I want it to last longer than 2 seasons.

Edit: Season 1 of the FX series Married http://www.amazon.com/Married-The-Co...PD57RSNHZR0K5N and Chozen http://www.amazon.com/Chozen-The-Com...Y97HEZ6TT3MFYB apparently also got released on the same day as MODs. Never seen either.

Edit 2: And the Fox series Enlisted http://www.amazon.com/Enlisted-The-C...J9D1042DQW0A1Y a week before. Fox has been really quiet about these MOD releases.

Last edited by sb5; 12-18-14 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-19-14, 03:26 AM

Yeah, there's been a few others in the past two weeks, too: Gang Related S1, Back in the Game S1, Rush S1, Friends with Better Lives S1, Crisis S1. TVShowsonDVD generally post about them the day they're released, that's the easiest way to keep track; there's been a couple-dozen or so, in total, this year from Fox.
Old 12-19-14, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Shucks. I would've loved to own this on BLU. I don't know a single person with a MOD title that hasn't had some type of issue.
Old 12-19-14, 02:40 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Shucks. I would've loved to own this on BLU. I don't know a single person with a MOD title that hasn't had some type of issue.
*Raises hand*

I've bought a few MODs over the years and have yet to have any playback problems personally. Still, I agree with wanting a "real" release.
Old 12-19-14, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

I normally don't buy DVD-only releases of new shows anymore, but would have made an exception for this excellent comedy. I will not spend that much for DVD-R copies, however. I guess I will end up getting it on VUDU or one of the streaming services in HD, which I suspect is Fox's intention all along.
Old 12-21-14, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

It sucks that seemingly all the FX comedies are going this route now (except Archer I believe). I still haven't bought the third season of Louie yet since it was a MOD but will probably get it eventually. I have a couple seasons of Are You Afraid of the Dark? which are MOD discs from Amazon and they seem fine for what they are but I'd definitely prefer an actual studio release. This series looked like it could be okay too.