Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Once Upon a Time (S4E11) -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Heroes and Villains" -- 12/14/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Once Upon a Time (S4E11) -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Heroes and Villains" -- 12/14/14

Old 12-14-14, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

OLD FRIENDSHIPS ARE RENEWED AND ANNA AND ELSA RETURN TO ARENDELLE, ON THE WINTER FINALE OF ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Kristin Bauer van Straten ("True Blood"), Merrin Dungey ("Revenge"), Victoria Smurfit ("Dracula") Guest Star

"Heroes and Villains" - In the aftermath of the Snow Queen's spell, our heroes try to pick up the pieces and Regina has to make a difficult choice. Hook's fate hangs in the balance as Gold's quest for power threatens everything he holds dear. And, in the Enchanted Forest flashback, an intrusion during Belle's stay at Rumplestiltskin's dark castle will wreak havoc in both the past and the future, on the winter finale of "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, DECEMBER 14 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David Nolan, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry, Michael Socha as Will Scarlet and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest stars include Beverley Elliott as Granny, Merrin Dungey as Ursula, Victoria Smurfit as Cruella De Vil, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Georgina Haig as Elsa, Elizabeth Lail as Anna, Scott Michael Foster as Kristoff, Raphael Alejandro as Roland, Christie Laing as Marian and Kristin Bauer as Maleficent.

"Heroes and Villains" was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz and directed by Ralph Hemecker.

Episode 11 of 23

Returns March 1, 2015
Old 12-15-14, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time (S4E11) -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Heroes and Villains" -- 12/14/1

I wonder why Ursula looks nothing like Disney's version. Most of the other characters look like their Disney counterparts.
Old 12-15-14, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time (S4E11) -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Heroes and Villains" -- 12/14/1

I haven't seen it yet but probably because Ursula wasn't human. Much more leeway on how they portray her. The other characters were humans. Beast sure didn't look like Gold in the movie.
Old 12-16-14, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Did they really need all three villainesses at once? I think it's overkill for the show. I'm not instantly liking any of their casting choices for them, though I think they may have been too faithful towards the animated Cruella's look.
Old 12-17-14, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I'm glad they went the way they did with Ursula. Not interested in seeing a human version of that exact character every week.

I'm cool with Ursula and Maleficent since they both use magic. But I'm really skeptical that they will able to bring in Cruella in a way that makes even a little bit of sense. And seeing "Pongo" early on in the episode was an example of them making a connection to her very ridiculous. They should have just found a way to bring over the Wonderland version of Jafar instead.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 12-17-14 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-17-14, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Jafar would have been a good choice, I wonder if that actor was available?