Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sons of Anarchy (S7E12) - "Red Rose" - 12/2/14

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-14, 09:03 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Sons of Anarchy (S7E12) - "Red Rose" - 12/2/14

Episode 12 / Production #712 - "Red Rose" (Airs December 2, 10:00 pm e/p) - With tensions mounting and truths finally revealed, Jax must make the ultimate decision. Written by Kurt Sutter & Charles Murray; directed by Paris Barclay.
Old 12-02-14, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy (S7E12) - "Red Rose" - 12/2/14

Is this 90 mins?
Old 12-02-14, 09:22 PM

Looks like 90mins and aftershow. My DVR shows a 2 hour and 41 min block.
Old 12-02-14, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow!! He finally made an appearance!
Old 12-02-14, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Wow!! He finally made an appearance!
About time.
Old 12-02-14, 09:46 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Worth the wait this season (eh, not really).
Old 12-02-14, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah man. Was hoping Unser was the last man standing. Good riddance Gemma.
Old 12-03-14, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Kind of boring. Juice gets raped some more then Manson kills him, meh. Deals are made people going around killing people, meh. Gemma with papa was ok but could have been better. Ghost girl came back to buy some candy, meh. Hey its that one lady from buffy and angel. I like that lady. Oh and its that one guy from the shield and american horror story. I like that guy. Unser and Gemma are killed, meh. Wendy pretends to be Juice so she can have butt sex, mmmmm. I'd hit it.
Old 12-03-14, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to see Sutter get the checklist mostly complete (Useless Gemma scenes - well I guess it was needed for the key cameo, good prison lovin', Jax saying "I love you" and "I'm sorry", other MC's still blindly trusting Jax's plans, Jax filling in everyone later, Sutter cameos - Manson, some bald guy with a hat, and that was Charisma Carpenter in the nursing home right?)

Gotta love Jax going full on evil - killing Unser and then throwing one into Wendy at the end knowing he's about to be killed (I assume this will happen next week); that should be good for Wendy's stability. Kind of sucks Unser died but it seemed pretty clear for a while that either he or Nero were going to be the Gemma collateral damage.

So I assume next week is Jax (and his death?) taking the club in a new direction. The unwritten bylaw? A Samcro/One niner patchover after Jax gets the Mayhem vote? I'm just surprised that the random scene with Jax's foot/leg in pain in the beginning was not foreshadowing (though there's always next week).

Crazy speculation
Spoiler:
Jax dies in a motorcycle accident (full circle with JT) and his foot/leg pain is a part of it.

At least the promo for Justified looked awesome.
Old 12-03-14, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say, that I have been watching this show from the beginning and have become so uninterested in the characters overall that we had 3 major deaths (and 2 people I used to really like) and not care at all.
Looking forward to Justified though!
Old 12-03-14, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by zoomgirl
I have to say, that I have been watching this show from the beginning and have become so uninterested in the characters overall that we had 3 major deaths (and 2 people I used to really like) and not care at all.
This exactly....

3 major deaths last night... and 10 posts in this thread.

This show went on for way too long.
Old 12-03-14, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What really is a shame is that Justified does not get the credit it deserves. I hear people at working talking about Sons nonstop ... but it seems like no one I know watches Justified.
Old 12-03-14, 02:15 PM
Suspended

Was hoping Chiclets was going to be a typical Rapist/Murderer truck driver.
Old 12-03-14, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
This exactly....

Well, the episode was slotted for 161 minutes last night with Anarchy Afterword. I don't think many here stayed up until almost 1am ET on a weeknight to watch it live. I think these bloated time slots are a factor.
Old 12-03-14, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
This exactly....

I think the show took a wrong direction not went on too long. The first few seasons the Sons were bad guys but protecting their town and people. It seemed a change from code type stuff where the bad guys always had to be punished. Then it went on the rails of standard stupid bad guy stuff and now they wil get theirs. It was all just a case of laziness on the writers part. It's too bad because it started really well.
Old 12-03-14, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

Originally Posted by wirefan
Good to see Sutter get the checklist mostly complete (Useless Gemma scenes - well I guess it was needed for the key cameo, good prison lovin', Jax saying "I love you" and "I'm sorry", other MC's still blindly trusting Jax's plans, Jax filling in everyone later, Sutter cameos - Manson, some bald guy with a hat, and that was Charisma Carpenter in the nursing home right?)

Gotta love Jax going full on evil - killing Unser and then throwing one into Wendy at the end knowing he's about to be killed (I assume this will happen next week); that should be good for Wendy's stability. Kind of sucks Unser died but it seemed pretty clear for a while that either he or Nero were going to be the Gemma collateral damage.

So I assume next week is Jax (and his death?) taking the club in a new direction. The unwritten bylaw? A Samcro/One niner patchover after Jax gets the Mayhem vote? I'm just surprised that the random scene with Jax's foot/leg in pain in the beginning was not foreshadowing (though there's always next week).

Crazy speculation
Spoiler:
Jax dies in a motorcycle accident (full circle with JT) and his foot/leg pain is a part of it.

At least the promo for Justified looked awesome.
I as well predicted the same thing about three weeks ago. It was pretty telegraphed if you ask me.

Beyond that, this was a show that had two excellent seasons and filler for the rest. Sutter was basically jerking off the entire time. He is not the amazing writer he claims to be either, so that non-sense should stop now.
Old 12-03-14, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by macnorton
I as well predicted the same thing about three weeks ago. It was pretty telegraphed if you ask me.

Beyond that, this was a show that had two excellent seasons and filler for the rest. Sutter was basically jerking off the entire time. He is not the amazing writer he claims to be either, so that non-sense should stop now.
Yet the show is always up pretty high in the ratings, so he will continue to get work.

FX really is a fail with regards to the aftershow. It comes across as cheap, boring, monotone, and seemingly directionless. Not sure if they are planning one for Justified but I hope they change it completely if they do.
Old 12-03-14, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Meh. Only death I was sad to see was Unser's. He's always sort of tried to do the right thing. Unfortunately, that got him killed.

I am surprised they didn't save Gemma's death for the finale. It seems like the entire show the past year or two was leading up to that moment. So I assume the finale is gonna be Jax vs. Marx?
Old 12-03-14, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The foot thing is the only reason I'll watch next episode. It's just such a random "thing" that I've become emotionally invested finding out what it's about.
Old 12-03-14, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Poor Charisma Carpenter is hard up for work. What a random bit part.

Poor Unser. Well, fitting he basically died with Gemma.
Old 12-03-14, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I've become so divested from the show that it took me a moment to remember who other than Unser and Gemma got whacked. You know you're no longer paying attention when neo-Nazi Marilyn Manson stabbing his Puerto Rican love slave to death in a prison cafeteria doesn't even register on your meter.
Old 12-03-14, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mugwump
I've become so divested from the show that it took me a moment to remember who other than Unser and Gemma got whacked. You know you're no longer paying attention when neo-Nazi Marilyn Manson stabbing his Puerto Rican love slave to death in a prison cafeteria doesn't even register on your meter.
Well technically he's not full PR, remember how he tried to hide from the club that his Dad was Black? LOL.
Oh SOA, what happened to you?
And I agree with the posters here that Justified DOES NOT GET ITS DUE! One of the many under appreciated shows out there. I hope that it going to go out strong. Great story telling imho.
Old 12-03-14, 08:44 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

not ashamed to admit I've been completely lost with the plot and motivations of these characters for the past 3 seasons.

none of these deaths bothered me in the least. maybe Unser for a split second... maybe.

this show was so good the first couple of seasons... now... just needs to be put out to pasture like a horse with a broken leg.

ps: I miss Opie and Ron Perlman.
Old 12-03-14, 09:51 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TGM

ps: I miss Opie and Ron Perlman.
This is the biggie for me. And also this year, the other members really have no need to be even around.

I don't know if it's because I've lost interest, but when they mention someone by name in a gang, or Irish, I really have no clue who the fuck they are even talking about anymore.
Old 12-03-14, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by banthafett
This is the biggie for me. And also this year, the other members really have no need to be even around.

I don't know if it's because I've lost interest, but when they mention someone by name in a gang, or Irish, I really have no clue who the fuck they are even talking about anymore.
There were a few points in this episode where I was definitely lost as to who they were talking about.

This probably applies more to the last episode, but does anyone remember the second season when a main character being raped by a neo Nazi was portrayed as shocking and horrific? Whereas in this season the same situation was largely played for laughs.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.