Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

15% Off DeepDiscount.com storewide

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-14, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15% Off DeepDiscount.com storewide

Code CM15

It just popped up on the banner as soon as I was gonna check out. Only good till 11:5p CST 12/01
Old 12-01-14, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts
Re: 15% Off DeepDiscount.com storewide

Thanks for posting. I just put in an order. They have some really good deals on Warner discs. I haven't ordered from them in quite some time. Is their shipping still really slow?
Old 12-01-14, 12:16 PM

I only order from them once a year at this time. I remember it being slow but got to me before Christmas
Old 12-01-14, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by themaker75
I only order from them once a year at this time. I remember it being slow but got to me before Christmas
I remember their media mail shipping taking close to two weeks, but I only placed an order for myself so I don't care if it gets here before Christmas or not...

I ended up placing two orders:

1st Order:
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World Blu-ray $ 4.76
Moonrise Kingdom Blu-ray $ 6.63
Diary of a Wimpy Kid 1 & 2 & 3 Blu-ray $15.09
Footloose (2011) Blu-ray $ 5.06
Fringe: The Complete Fifth Season Blu-ray $ 8.89

Total $40.45

2nd Order:

Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol Blu-ray $ 4.61
42 Blu-ray $ 5.09
Arrow: The Complete Second Season Blu-ray $15.21

Total: $24.91
Old 12-01-14, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Thanks for posting. I just put in an order. They have some really good deals on Warner discs. I haven't ordered from them in quite some time. Is their shipping still really slow?
I made 2 orders with them recently, for the first time in years, to pick up some stuff that had been sitting on my Amazon wishlist for many months and was (sometimes significantly) cheaper at DD. I was pleasantly surprised. First order of 8 items was made on a Sunday night, it shipped out priority mail on Monday, and I received the items on Thursday. My 2nd order of 10 items was just about as fast.

Their packaging is another story. They stuffed the 2 orders into boxes without so much as a sheet of wrapping paper around them. At least the post office took mercy on me and didn't play hockey with the boxex.
Old 12-01-14, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by keithhelms
Their packaging is another story. They stuffed the 2 orders into boxes without so much as a sheet of wrapping paper around them. At least the post office took mercy on me and didn't play hockey with the boxex.
It seems like they've always packed that way. I used to buy from them all the time when they used to be the place to go to buy discs and they never put any packing paper or bubble wrap in the boxes...
Old 12-07-14, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just got my first order from them and they actually put filler in the box. They used those plastic bags filled with air....
Old 12-10-14, 02:04 AM

I got one of those cardboard envelopes for my recent 2 item order. Except there was a big rip in the cardboard with the BD's partially exposed.

Prices were too good to pass up on that order, but it seems to me that they still kind of suck.
Old 12-10-14, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

I think the USPS sucked this time. They've refused to pick up my online request for "pick up" package I had to return (two days in a row; package was CLEARLY labeled where mail is delivered at my house), and had to physically hand it in at a local center. Packages have been torn and I know the usual shippers I deal with do a good job with packaging. Deep Discount does a pretty good job now, and the package I received from them was knocked around a lot.
Old 12-10-14, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goblin23
I got one of those cardboard envelopes for my recent 2 item order. Except there was a big rip in the cardboard with the BD's partially exposed.

Prices were too good to pass up on that order, but it seems to me that they still kind of suck.
That is hardly DD's fault. Every retailer (except Amazon I think), uses that cardboard mailer.

I received the Conjuring from an order that was not sealed. I thought I'm finally having problems with DD that I read about. Contacted them and they sent a replacement copy without having to return the first one.

I understand that there was a period that DD had really poor customer service. But that has drastically improved. The thing to remember is this is the same company in NAME ONLY. IT was bought by Super D and since them, everything (except the website) has improved IMO.
Old 12-10-14, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by goblin23

I believe I read on another forum that if your order is over $35 they actually do ship it in a box and not the cardboard envelope thing.
Old 12-12-14, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
That is hardly DD's fault. Every retailer (except Amazon I think), uses that cardboard mailer.
Except I've never had that issue with any of those mailers from any other retailer, and I get a lot of those from Amazon. I am guessing that it was not packaged properly, maybe sealed too tight or off center.

DD is still in the "kinda sucks" category for me.
Old 12-13-14, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

I am so done with the @$$hls at DD