Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Marvel Unlimited

Old 11-25-14, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marvel Unlimited

How many of the older Marvel titles are available through this offer? Does it include the New Universe titles, Strikeforce Morituri, any other titles that are/were not as popular as the X books?
Old 11-25-14, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts
Re: Marvel Unlimited

I don't have Marvel Unlimited right now but when I did it seemed like there were gaps in legacy titles, even for popular series. For example, my guilty pleasure for Rob Liefield era X-force was left unsatisfied but the entire Inferno 1989 cross over event was there so inconsistencies existed. Newer era content is more readily available and ultimately I think it's worth the $65 annual subscription (I hold out in renewing only because there was a recent sale and I suspect the holidays will bring another discount).

You are perhaps aware of the recent legal dispute with Strikeforce Morituri, which might prevent some access to those back issues... I'm not sure. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...-peter-gillis/
Old 11-26-14, 12:35 AM

Thanks. Had no idea about the current problems with Strikeforce. It was just one of the titles I remembered enjoying from that time period. I am one of the very few that actually enjoyed the New Universe titles at the time, and was hoping to be able to relive some of the "good ole days."
Old 12-09-14, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Marvel Unlimited reading experience leaves a lot to be desired. I find that the majority of issues have problems with in their guided view setting. I greatly prefer Comixology for the reading experience. But like Marvel Unlimited for the price.
Old 12-09-14, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

It was much worse before they had an ipad app. But yeah, navigation is a pain, often they don't even tell you what's next in a particular storyline when it crosses over to multiple series (which in recent years is all the freaking time)
Old 12-10-14, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm glad to hear that they are actually making improvements. Do improvements involve re-scanning the comics or is it just about software which is getting better at figuring out the boarders of the panel?

I was surprised about how badly the reading experience can be.
Old 12-10-14, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

At least on the tablet/mobile app you can change the settings on Marvel Unlimited to view an entire page at a time. I found it easier to zoom in and drag than use the default panel to panel system.

Also it's possible to search by event and see all cross over issues chronologically across series; which might not help if you're reading within one series.

Fingers crossed for more back issues.