Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E07) -- "The Writing on the Wall" -- 11/11/14

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-14, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E07) -- "The Writing on the Wall" -- 11/11/14

COULSON UNCOVERS A STRING OF DEATHS WITH ONE THING IN COMMON... HIS ALIEN WRITING ON "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." ON ABC

"The Writing on the Wall" - The team discovers murder victims with the alien glyphs on them that Coulson's been etching. All of Coulson's secrets and lies come to a head on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2014, (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons and Nick Blood as Lance Hunter.

Guest starring are B.J. Britt as Triplett, Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as "Mack," Imelda Corcoran as Dr. Goodman, Simon Kassianides as Bakshi, Joel Gretsch as Hank Thompson, Monica Lacy as Katie Thompson, Monique Gabriela Curnen as Janice Robbins/ Agent Stevens, Bruno Amato as Bartender, Carlos Campos as Patient #2 and, Michael Hanson Seaver as Patient #4, Natalie Smyka as Patient #5, Richie Cottrell as Eliza's son, Madison Lee as Lab Assistant, and Brian Van Holt as Carver/Sebastian Van Holt.

"The Writing on the Wall" was written Craig Titley and directed by Vincent Misiano.

Read more: Listings - MARVEL'S AGENTS OF SHIELD on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3IoPwXXv2

Episode 7 of 22

Season 1 will be posted to Netflix on November 20th.

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news...-1-1201353874/

I guess if you haven't watched yet or are behind, you're probably not reading this thread.
Old 11-11-14, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E07) -- "The Writing on the Wall" -- 11/11/14

Welcome back Shield!
Old 11-11-14, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E07) -- "The Writing on the Wall" -- 11/11/14

this show keeps firing on all cylinders.

Spoiler:
Is the city Coulson discovered going to be in the Blue Area on the Moon?
Old 11-11-14, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I was thinking
Spoiler:
Atillan
and possibly an explanation of
Spoiler:
where Sky comes from
Old 11-11-14, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

So by casting Joel Gretsch and then giving him a real Marvel character name does that mean he might show up again.
Old 11-12-14, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I had a feeling it was a schematic. Soon as I saw them I thought of the movie 'Contact'.
Old 11-12-14, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Alien city? What is going on here. I don't know what is going on. Does the city exist or do they have to build the city. What about all the nice looking women, will they be invited to the city? Ward can't come because he is Ward. Stay home Ward or going play with your brother.

Ok here is the deal. The city is a giant device that is used to give people a place to live. Everyone wants it so they can have a home. Ward is trying to be a good guy so he can live in the city with Skye and have her alien babies.
Old 11-12-14, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Another enjoyable episode, glad they explained all the markings as well as more about the project and how there were other people that had it done to them. But if SHIELD knew the results and how people went crazy, why still do it to Coulson?

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Alien city? What is going on here. I don't know what is going on. Does the city exist or do they have to build the city. What about all the nice looking women, will they be invited to the city? Ward can't come because he is Ward. Stay home Ward or going play with your brother.

Ok here is the deal. The city is a giant device that is used to give people a place to live. Everyone wants it so they can have a home. Ward is trying to be a good guy so he can live in the city with Skye and have her alien babies.
What. You're trying too hard.
Old 11-12-14, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Another strong episode - I like how it's all coming together.

Sky referenced "Micro" - I'm thinking it's this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_(comics) - I love the throwaway references to actual Marvel characters.
Old 11-12-14, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

How lucky for Coulson that when that guy threw a knife at the guy cutting into Coulson it precisely cut the ropes and freed his hands instead. I hate shit like that.
Old 11-12-14, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
How lucky for Coulson that when that guy threw a knife at the guy cutting into Coulson it precisely cut the ropes and freed his hands instead. I hate shit like that.
I'm pretty sure that was where he was aiming.
Old 11-12-14, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
I'm pretty sure that was where he was aiming.
And being a super agent in the past he would have had those skills.
As to Tahiti I'm getting confused. I thought it was done to Coulson because he had been killed and they were saving his life. And removing his memory of being killed on the alien ship was part of the process. Now its something totally different.
Old 11-12-14, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by barelypure
As to Tahiti I'm getting confused. I thought it was done to Coulson because he had been killed and they were saving his life. And removing his memory of being killed on the alien ship was part of the process. Now its something totally different.
Is it different? I was tired watching last night so maybe i'm mis-remembering, but I thought it was just used in reference to all of their test subjects also going to Tahiti as far as wiping their memories.
Old 11-12-14, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by barelypure
It sounds like Tahiti was a technology they had that could bring people back to life. They used it on those other subjects. But obviously it was causing side effects. They figured out that erasing memories could save the patients. In desperation after Coulson was killed, Fury used it again to save him.
Old 11-12-14, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

^And the above was alluded to in earlier episodes. They were testing it on other agents under Coulson's supervision before it was used on Coulson himself. It's not a change of direction.
Old 11-12-14, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought in season one there was a reference in a flashback that Coulson said to Fury that he wouldn't want to be brought back using the GH but Fury decided to go against his wishes. Tahiti was just a memory they placed in Coulson to think that is where he recovered.
Old 11-12-14, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I finally caught up after watching the first season and the earlier part of this season. good show! Hopefully season 1 being on netflix will pull in more viewers
Old 11-12-14, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Flatlander
I thought in season one there was a reference in a flashback that Coulson said to Fury that he wouldn't want to be brought back using the GH but Fury decided to go against his wishes. Tahiti was just a memory they placed in Coulson to think that is where he recovered.
But the other people were blanked and sent on their way. Coulson didn't seem to have any memories replaced other than the actual TAHITI process and his participation in running it. He remember getting stabbed by Loki and everything that came before. If Fury could erase memories, he could have at least erased the Cellist.

Last edited by Jason; 11-12-14 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-12-14, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I finally caught up after watching the first season and the earlier part of this season. good show! Hopefully season 1 being on netflix will pull in more viewers
It'll be interesting watching it again straight through. The biggest problem I had with season one was the endless pre-empting that took place. Damn near gave up on it.
Old 11-12-14, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ward has some very peculiar and as yet unrevealed personal agenda. It looked like he went crawling back to HYDRA, but then he proceeded to kill most of them. I like how he's genuinely difficult to figure out at this point. So we've finished with the symbols arc? A bit of an odd resolution, but I'll go with it. It reminded me a bit of CE3K. When will bad guys learn to bind people with more than just rope? And why does every place the good guys are seated inevitable have somewhere you can cut it? Between Palicki in John Wick and Ward on this show, apparently escaping handcuffs is so easy, and dislocating your thumb is completely painless .
Old 11-13-14, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I was thinking
Spoiler:
Atillan
and possibly an explanation of
Spoiler:
where Sky comes from
First spoiler: If we're dealing with Inhumans, most likely.
Second spoiler: I'd bet on it

Spoiler:
If I remember right wasn't Atillan originally in The Himilayas, and then moved to the moon? If it is Atillan and Inhumans wonder which location they go with and if Skye's dad is Maximus. The city looks expensive for tv show. Probably get there at end of season. Season cliffhanger with Maximus throwing the switch that encloses the hidden city in the negative barrier. All the SHIELD agents get out except Skye who is trapped. Spend next season trying to figure a way to get her out. "No Agent left behind"

Ward mentioned Strucker was out of the country. Is this the first time Baron von Strucker has been brought up as the head of Hydra?
Old 11-13-14, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think so. Obviously he was in the credit scene for TWS, but I don't even think they used his name in that.
Old 11-13-14, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Yeah, I noticed the Strucker mention, too. First time I remember hearing the name.

I think Joel Gretsch will be back at some point. No way you hire an actor like him to just be a one-off part. Although, it appears he is in the new Scream TV show in MTV, so maybe he won't be back.
Old 11-13-14, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

I missed that Ward mentioned the name Strucker. I just remember him saying someone was out of the country.

Thanks!
Old 11-13-14, 11:49 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

I'm pretty sure
Spoiler:
Atillan is no longer on the Moon and is now a floating city.

I'm not so much up on recent Marvel lore though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.