Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Elvis Presley Questions?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Elvis Presley Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-14, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Elvis Presley Questions?

I think he only appeared once or twice(performances outside the USA)? Is there any video footage of these performance(s)?

How many songs did he record(LP and/or CD)? Is there live performances of every song? What songs(if any) were never performed live?

Any Import Elvis Presley CDs that have song(s) that were never released in the USA?

I may have attended an Elvis Presley Concert in the late 1950s (Detroit's Olympia). Any video footage or anything special of this event? My dad can't remember if I went to this or if I stayed home with a babysitter(at the time I was B/W TV-4-Life).
Old 10-27-14, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 249 Likes on 176 Posts
Re: Elvis Presley Questions?

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
I think he only appeared once or twice(performances outside the USA)? Is there any video footage of these performance(s)?
The only time Elvis ever set foot out of the USA was when he was in the Army.
His manager Col. Tom Parker went everywhere with him. Parker came to the US as a small child but never became a citizen. Parker feared if he left the US he wouldn't be allowed back in so he did not allow Elvis to leave US either.
Exterior shots of Elvis movies that take place outside the US used an Elvis double.
Old 10-28-14, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

According to Wikipedia-Elvis was in the Army from 3-58 till 3-60.

According to ScottyMooreNet , he performed 2 concerts at Maple Leaf Gardens ,Toronto(which is in Canada) on 4-2-57.

According to ScottyMooreNet ,Elvis appeared two other times in Canada,Ottawa (4-3-57) and Vancouver(8-31-57).

According to ScottyMooreNet,he performed in Honolulu(which at the time wasn't a State) on 11-10-57.

Last edited by dvd-4-life; 10-28-14 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-28-14, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you can pass between the U.S. and Canada and U.S territories without passport/visa then Parker could have accompanied him. I just remember reading about Parker's fear of not getting back in and not letting Elvis perform outside U.S. Parker wouldn't let Elvis go to Germany for filming of G.I. Blues so the exteriors were all long shots with a double.
Old 10-28-14, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

After the 1950s he hardly ever did concerts.

Just find it strange that someone that popular didn't tour around the World.
Old 10-28-14, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
After the 1950s he hardly ever did concerts.
Probably too busy cranking out 2-4 movies every year. Once the movie career ran it's course he had his '68 Comeback Special.
I've always found it odd he didn't do the arena type tours but chose Vegas instead.
Old 10-28-14, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Actually he did tour the U.S. quite heavily in the first half of the 70's. My parents used to take me with them whenever he would pass through town & we probably went 3-4 times just in that 5 year period. We stopped going after he got fat.

http://elvisconcerts.com/4.htm