Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sons of Anarchy (S7E07) -- "Greensleeves" -- 10/21/14

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-14, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Sons of Anarchy (S7E07) -- "Greensleeves" -- 10/21/14

Episode 7 / Production #707 - "Greensleeves" (Airs October 21, 10:00 pm e/p) - In order to undermine a powerful club enemy Samcro makes an unlikely partnership. Written by Gladys Rodriguez & Josh Botana & Kurt Sutter; directed by Paris Barclay.

Read more: Listings - SONS OF ANARCHY on FX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3Gp0MlP2e

Episode 7 of 13

I will be shocked if Juice doesn't die in the next few episodes. He's running on fumes right now.

BTW, this is yet another great editing job by Sutter and his editor. 90 minute extended episode like last week.
Old 10-22-14, 12:21 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy (S7E07) -- "Greensleeves" -- 10/21/14

I see Jax has been taking notes in the Carrie Mathison school of persuasion.

I hope Happy is the last man standing when the dust settles.
Old 10-22-14, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another classic ending montage with a terrible song and all
Old 10-22-14, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by HN
I see Jax has been taking notes in the Carrie Mathison school of persuasion.
Who'd he have sex with?

This episode was a bummer. What's amazing to me is with all the "love" going around the SAMCRO table, nobody is willing to stand up and say, "You know what, exactly zero of what you've planned has worked. Maybe it's time to rethink a few things." It's just one, "Sorry," after another, followed by "It's OK brother, we have your back. We love you." At least Nero isn't drinking the Kool-Aid anymore.

It was interesting watching Gemma believing she was being led to her grave. She's a fighter, so she's going to fight, but if they were going to kill her, what does she really gain by fighting? Is she going to kill the whole club? Would she kill her son too? That's the only way she'd be safe. And then where would she be. There was no good option there. Luckily for her, she ended up not having to decide.
Old 10-22-14, 09:39 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

I feel like every week, it's practically the same episode.
Old 10-22-14, 10:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
It was interesting watching Gemma believing she was being led to her grave. She's a fighter, so she's going to fight, but if they were going to kill her, what does she really gain by fighting? Is she going to kill the whole club? Would she kill her son too? That's the only way she'd be safe. And then where would she be. There was no good option there. Luckily for her, she ended up not having to decide.
And the fucking kid is somehow gonna rat her out now.

Old 10-22-14, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dave94
And the fucking kid is somehow gonna rat her out now.

I think the kid might go postal. At first I was figuring that the kid was probably just the worst child actor on the planet, now I'm starting to think its on purpose and they're trying to have the kid be psycho.

Also, I think the entire Greensleeves sub-plot was written just because they liked that song.
Old 10-22-14, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jesus Christ that was a horrible episode. Not a single good thing about it. So glad this show is just about done. I love how they even had to throw in another terrible song by Katey.

I don't think I've ever cared so little (or not at all) for every single character on a tv show before and it's not even because they are horrible people (even though most are).
Old 10-22-14, 06:59 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Who'd he have sex with?
I was just thinking how awkwardly unnecessary this knee rub was

Old 10-22-14, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Goddammit, that Greensleeves song was horrible. The whole episode was horrible. Nothing even happened. They could've fit the last three episodes inside of one stupid 30-minute episode without loosing a damn thing. Ugh, this show sucks so much.
Old 10-22-14, 10:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

I like how Marks head of security is allowed to show up, drop off a mystery box, and just leave.
Old 10-22-14, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I liked it. Good episode IMO. I even liked the song. As soon as it started I had to smile anticipating all the silly whining in this thread. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed. I can't imagine loathing a show so much yet keep watching week after week.
Old 10-22-14, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 345 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
Well, I liked it. Good episode IMO. I even liked the song. As soon as it started I had to smile anticipating all the silly whining in this thread. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed. I can't imagine loathing a show so much yet keep watching week after week.
I loved SOA for the first few seasons, but now instead of watching it, I read these threads. For me, the show has become too dark with nothing fun or light to balance it out--I find it dull, dreary, repetitive, and depressing. I love reading these threads because they reaffirm my decision to quit watching. I still get to find out if anything interesting has happened in season 7, but apparently not yet . . .
Old 10-22-14, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by tasha99
I loved SOA for the first few seasons, but now instead of watching it, I read these threads. For me, the show has become too dark with nothing fun or light to balance it out--I find it dull, dreary, repetitive, and depressing. I love reading these threads because they reaffirm my decision to quit watching. I still get to find out if anything interesting has happened in season 7, but apparently not yet . . .
Too dark? It's a show about a criminal motorcycle gang who commits robbery and murder on a regular basis. I don't know what joy you were hoping to get, but this has always been a dark and dreary show about some really bad people. This isn't Father Knows Best starring Jax, Abel and Thomas.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-23-14 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-23-14, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tasha99
See, I don't understand that. Nothing interesting? Considering all of the murders, betrayal, and bloody shoot outs so far this season just what do you consider "interesting"?
Old 10-23-14, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

These threads are more entertaining than the show at this point. Sutter just seems to be killing time until the end where I guess the Handsome Jack/Gemma stuff plays out.

Sutter took a club that in the first few seasons was ahead of the law, other MC's and even outwitting the FBI and essentially turned them into bumbling idiots so he can keep feeding the plotline violence and shock scenes.

Also while I realize Juice was doing the club's bidding, how does the club not end him on the spot? This is a guy who has betrayed the club, killed a member, ratted on the club (which you'd think would be a showstopper in terms of being allowed to take another breath), offered to betray the club a 2nd time (to the Mayans), tried to commit suicide (twice), betrayed Jax and now they trust him to carry out their plan? This is what aggravates me most about the show... there are far too many characters who should be dead 10 times over but Sutter contrives some convenient "but we need him" excuse or hits the reset button to keep them alive and all the crap in the past is forgotten (Clay, Juice, Gemma, Tig). It's hard to buy into how hardcore and ruthless the club is with all the "I'm sorry", "I love you brothers", "sure we should kill him, but we need him to do this one last thing (or 4 or 5 'last' things)..." crap.
Old 10-23-14, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

This episode was a bummer. What's amazing to me is with all the "love" going around the SAMCRO table, nobody is willing to stand up and say, "You know what, exactly zero of what you've planned has worked. Maybe it's time to rethink a few things." It's just one, "Sorry," after another, followed by "It's OK brother, we have your back. We love you."
There's a lot that could be said about this ep. (and most has here), but this is my biggest annoyance. How many people exactly are dead because of Jax's plans & tactics? Nothing has gone how he thought, and now Bobby (the most clueless outlaw driver known to man) has his eye gouged out.
Old 10-23-14, 08:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ ^ ^

I've read several interviews with Kurt Sutter lately, and he certainly makes it sound as though he thinks he's the greatest writer to come down the pike since his cribbin' pal Billy Shakespeare...and isn't shy about letting everyone know it. He also takes great pride in being an a-hole, and he wants everyone to know it.

SOA isn't the first & won't be the last show to have infuriating inconsistencies, but these constant cliffhanger moments only to be yanked back (or, in cases such as Gemma begging Juice not to shoot her cliffhanger followed the following week's opening of Gemma's "these boots are made for walking entrance"...without even a flashback to show what happened & just being blown off by "Juice couldn't pull the trigger") or figuratively flattened by a herd of magic Harley's (the ones that can dodge sprays of automatic weapons fired from five feet away).

The part I loved best was the ho being enticed by the alluring prospect of working at the "safety" of Nero's brothel...you know, the one that just experienced the mass slaughter of "hostesses" a week or so earlier? Evidently word doesn't get around too quickly in Charming, even among the grapevine that would be sure to reach the street people...or maybe such an incident is small potatoes in a town overrun by gangs, mobs, Irish mafia, gangsters, warlords, corrupt cops, corrupt DEA, etc.

Hellmouth indeed.

Now we get to wonder, assuming the almost inevitable outcome that Jax finds out who killed Tara, who will make the big reveal. Juice? Zombie Jax (AKA Abel)? Chucky?

Maybe Sutter's expanding the mythology...Bobby sure would make a good Odin now.
Old 10-23-14, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think people forget Charming is a fairly small town. 99% of the action and killings (including Diosa) are taking place outside of Charming, mostly in nearby cities. One thing this show is poor at getting across is how often (and way too quickly) people are moving from city to city.
Old 10-23-14, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
One thing this show is poor at...
"One"...

One of hundreds of things.
Old 10-23-14, 10:25 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
^ ^ ^

I've read several interviews with Kurt Sutter lately, and he certainly makes it sound as though he thinks he's the greatest writer to come down the pike since his cribbin' pal Billy Shakespeare...and isn't shy about letting everyone know it. He also takes great pride in being an a-hole, and he wants everyone to know it.
My favorite Sutter interview was when he called the show a combination of Shakespeare and Breaking Bad

I think one of the reasons the show gets so much shit is because he's such a prick. I remember after Sepinwall was critical of the show a few seasons ago, Sutter wouldn't to him anymore.
Old 10-23-14, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, I agree with the above poster that said this show has literally become the same thing every week. It has. And Kurt still hasn't figured out that Gemma is the Jar Jar Binks of this show. There's no reason she should be getting more screen time than Jax or the club for that matter. Sigh.
Old 10-23-14, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
And Kurt still hasn't figured out that Gemma is the Jar Jar Binks of this show.

Old 10-23-14, 12:53 PM

I was hoping Gemma would shoot Happy and then Rat say what are you doing. We brought you here to tend to the preacher lady and her dope son. Then Gemma could have said I'm sorry and Rat and the other guy (name?) could say that's OK we love you. That would be keeping with the theme of the show.
Old 10-23-14, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Now we get to wonder, assuming the almost inevitable outcome that Jax finds out who killed Tara, who will make the big reveal. Juice? Zombie Jax (AKA Abel)? Chucky?.
Dark Horse candidate? Nero. I think he may have pieced it together between his weird conversation with Juice, seeing Gemma's car with the Mayans and the slightly odd conversation he had with her on the last episode at the end. Though this would be giving the Nero character some intelligence which is generally frowned upon on this show.

I also fear the chance of one final Gemma pseudo-hero moment (EDIT - or maybe I should say redemption moment?) where she confesses for the good of the club and Sutter tries to paint her as a martyr at the end - sacrificing herself for the club or her family (putting aside that she was the primary cause of all the recent bad). Just spitballing here - maybe they mix in an Abel kidnapping (it's been a while since Sutter's done a good kidnapping!) and Gemma finally comes clean to save him.

Last edited by wirefan; 10-23-14 at 03:40 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.