Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sons of Anarchy (S7E05) -- "Some Strange Eruption" -- 10/7/14

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-14, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Sons of Anarchy (S7E05) -- "Some Strange Eruption" -- 10/7/14

Episode 5 / Production #705 - "Some Strange Eruption" (Airs October 7, 10:00 pm e/p) - Looking for the source of a betrayal leads to violence at the Stockton Ports. Written by Roberto Patino & Kurt Sutter; directed by Peter Weller.

Read more: Listings - SONS OF ANARCHY on FX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3FU1U1xbX

Episode 5 of 13
Old 10-07-14, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy (S7E05) -- "Some Strange Eruption" -- 10/7/14

I hope the title is in reference to a Tig/Venus sex scene.
Old 10-07-14, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I hope the title is in reference to a Tig/Venus sex scene.
You had to go there....
Old 10-07-14, 06:04 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts

I'm guessing that picture is a good guess at what everyone who watches will look like at the end of the episode.
Old 10-07-14, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Juice is truly SAMCRO's Lenny. I was really hoping Gemma would tell him about the rabbits.

It seems like Jax really hung Nero out to dry, telling Lin that he was the one who sold him out, then leaving him alive. I'm guessing the kid will die as a result.

Also, a brothel gets shot up and the area isn't flooded with media? That's like the ultimate mix of sex and violence. Every news network would have creamed their collective jeans.
Old 10-07-14, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't often let on-line reading affect my TV watching, but when Juice pointed the gun where he pointed it, I couldn't help but think he could make a lot of viewers here happy.

Kudos to Nero for attempting a beat-down as it was time someone gave Jax a good spanking. He has been leaving a wake of death and destruction affecting everyone but himself.
Old 10-07-14, 11:52 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Also, a brothel gets shot up and the area isn't flooded with media? That's like the ultimate mix of sex and violence. Every news network would have creamed their collective jeans.
I'm just gonna assume they were but we just don't see it since most of the episode was at baroskys / redwoody / the port. Like how we know people need to go to the bathroom but do we ever see anyone do it except to get killed?

Happy: you are so gay!
Tig: just gay enough

Old 10-08-14, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

And of course the random scene in the first (or second?) episode where Nero takes Wendy to the pre-school and then says "now you have to come to the port with me"... so we can randomly be stopped by the Chinese on the way, so Wendy can later tip this info to Unser... pays off. What a Co-ink-e-dink!

Some observations:
- I'm just waiting for Abel to go ful evil mode now... that character is more scary than most of SAMCRO at this point. I was laughing so hard at the hammer scene (and how long it took them to take the hammer from him)
- Damn you Sutter for forcing Nero to take the stupid pills he gives every other character on the show. How the hell is Nero not setting Jax up at this point? He's turned his world into shit and how many times does Jax have to majorly lie to him before "I'm sorry" no longer cuts it? Does any character on this show have any long (or hell even short) term memory? And Jesus Christ! Why doesn't Lin just end Jax and Chibbs at the warehouse? Wasn't that the whole point of the exercise (was a kilo or two really that important to Lin)?
- What was the time lapse on the Juice stuff... the police found out about the murders in the morning and it's already in the paper hours later? That seems like a quick turn. no? or did more time elapse? I realize the newspaper had to happen... so the random Chinese hotel employee could be killed by juice (another Three's Company misunderstanding)
- Closing Montage? Is Sutter just trolling everyone with the music choices now? I can just see him in the editing room... "Why? Because I F'n can!"

I think I need to go back to watching this show after a couple of drinks.
Old 10-08-14, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Jory
I haven't seen any of Season 7 yet; has Venus mentioned a cousin named Shane yet? I'm seriously disappointed with the lack of crossovers with The Shield. It's all supposed to be in the same universe, and the only overlap I'm aware of are a couple of gangs, the One Niners and Byz Lats, and even then there are none of the same characters. Wasted opportunity.
Strike team shows up in the final episode and kills everyone? I'd be OK with that.
Old 10-08-14, 09:29 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Talk about dragging things out...
Old 10-08-14, 09:56 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
I realize the newspaper had to happen... so the random Chinese hotel employee could be killed by juice (another Three's Company misunderstanding)
oh, no no no. the gotta-get-a-snack thing had to happen so the newspaper can be seen and the chinese employee can get killed. because when a motorcycle gang and police APB are out for you, you still gots to go out and get that candy bar
Old 10-08-14, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I did wonder if the candy bar thing was due to Gemma giving him the munchies with her medical MJ.
Old 10-08-14, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck
Strike team shows up in the final episode and kills everyone? I'd be OK with that.
All will be forgiven if that happens.
Old 10-11-14, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the SWAT team "following Lin" turned out to be two old cars and a guy on a unicycle.

i like that the sign welcoming you to Charming reflects how many people get killed or born like Rosalyn's chalkboard on Galactica.

robocop kills another cop in broad daylight because magnets.
Old 10-12-14, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This episode did absolutely nothing to progress the story. What the hell is stopping Juice from capping Gemma right there? At this point, with all of the destruction she's at the root of, I'm totally rooting for him to get away from all of that.