Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Vampire Diaries (S6E01) -- Season Premiere -- "I'll Remember" -- 10/2/14

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-14, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Vampire Diaries (S6E01) -- Season Premiere -- "I'll Remember" -- 10/2/14

"I'll Remember" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

FRESH STARTS AND SECOND CHANCES - After spending the past four months coping with the loss of Damon (Ian Somerhalder) in an unconventional and potentially dangerous way, Elena (Nina Dobrev) has returned to Whitmore College for the start of sophomore year. Unable to move on, Caroline (Candice Accola) is desperate to find a way to reverse the anti-magic spell the Travelers have put over Mystic Falls and grows frustrated when her calls to Stefan (Paul Wesley) go unanswered. Tyler (Michael Trevino), who is human once again, has a run-in at a football tailgate that tests his ability to control his anger, while Matt (Zach Roerig) worries that Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) is dealing with the loss of Bonnie (Kat Graham) in a self-destructive way. Alaric (Matt Davis), who is struggling to adjust to his new life as a vampire, finds himself in an awkward situation when he meets Jo (guest star Jodi Lyn O'Keefe), a beautiful doctor at the university hospital. Last, while everyone believes Stefan is off tracking a lead to get Damon and Bonnie back, Elena is shocked when she learns the truth of what he has really been up to. Jeffrey Hunt directed the episode written by Caroline Dries (#601). Original airdate 10/2/2014.

Matt Davis (Alaric) is back as a series regular.

I've watched this since Day 1, but last season was a mess. Had some decent episodes, but the mythology has gotten really convoluted.
Old 10-02-14, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries (S6E01) -- Season Premiere -- "I'll Remember" -- 10/2/14

Last season was definitely the poorest VD yet, though it had a long way to fall from its Olympian heights. The Blu-ray set did include the 2013 Comic Con panel and a pretty funny quiz featurette with the cast. Nina Dobrev doesn't seem like the type that is religiously paying attention to the show or its episodes.

http://www.doblu.com/2014/09/12/vamp...lu-ray-review/

Photos of Nina Dobrev have mysteriously leaked today, right in time for tonight's premiere.
Old 10-02-14, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries (S6E01) -- Season Premiere -- "I'll Remember" -- 10/2/14

I've been with since day 1 as well and am apt to stay with shows, but if this is a repeat of last season I may be done.

Did last season even wrap up the doppelganger plot?

I don't expect it to be different, but hopefully Matt gets a good plot this year.
Old 10-02-14, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy has this show become a whiny mess.
Old 10-03-14, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't see the point of removing the anti magic shield. They can just find some other place to live. The shield is probably the best thing to happen for the town.

Everyone was kind of whiny and poor me but I liked it anyway. Not sure why the only good part was the end with Bonnie and Damon playing house.

I think what I want is for things to move forward. Last season was just a repeat of the previous season with minor differences. Maybe the show has gone on to long and they are just spinning their wheels but I'm hoping they can come up with some new ideas.
Old 10-03-14, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I don't see the point of removing the anti magic shield. They can just find some other place to live. The shield is probably the best thing to happen for the town.

Everyone was kind of whiny and poor me but I liked it anyway. Not sure why the only good part was the end with Bonnie and Damon playing house.

I think what I want is for things to move forward. Last season was just a repeat of the previous season with minor differences. Maybe the show has gone on to long and they are just spinning their wheels but I'm hoping they can come up with some new ideas.
I was thinking the same thing. Just go elsewhere, why do they have to live there? Just let Mystic Falls have some peace.
Old 10-06-14, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Decent start to season 6

But, I think the show is just spinning it's wheels at this point. They don't really have any kind of focus or end game. The actors are only contracted through season 7 and this show is nowhere near as popular as it was 5 years ago. I think they should start planning an end game. What frustrates me the most about this show is no one of major significance ever stays dead. Cough Bonnie, Cough Jeremy. Only Elena's aunt is still dead and she was a minor character.

How is Elena a sophomore in college now? Did she even attend class at all as a freshman? Her whiny pity party does get super old.

It is good to see Alaric though. I think he's the voice of reason on this show.

Interesting to see Colin Ferguson as well from Eureka. Glad he's getting work outside of the Maytag repair man commercials.

And WTF was that with Damon and Bonnie enjoying breakfast at the end? Are they stuck in some kind of purgatory?
Old 10-06-14, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
And WTF was that with Damon and Bonnie enjoying breakfast at the end? Are they stuck in some kind of purgatory?
yeah it reminded me of a scene from LOST.

Boone/Damon hmmm
Old 10-12-14, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

So the premier was okay. It took some time to settle the characters into the aftermath of the season 5 finale. Glad they didn't rush into a huge new problem right away.

That said, I agree they are spinning their wheels. At this point, what's the objective of the show? I guess saving Bonnie and Damon.

But when and why did Elena come to "love" Damon so much? I recall he did everything to screw over her life, to include killing people, all to save Katherine. And yet somehow she breaks up with Stephan. At least their relationship was developed. I've never really bought into this latest relationship. That why it makes following this plot and "heartbreak" is very hard to buy.
Old 10-12-14, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Elena loving Damon is odd considering he killed her brother not knowing he was wearing the immortal and he used one of her best friends a sex slave for like 6 months. I would say the sire bond had something to do with it but they made it clear she fell in love with him before that.
Old 10-13-14, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Decent start to season 6

But, I think the show is just spinning it's wheels at this point. They don't really have any kind of focus or end game. The actors are only contracted through season 7 and this show is nowhere near as popular as it was 5 years ago. I think they should start planning an end game. What frustrates me the most about this show is no one of major significance ever stays dead. Cough Bonnie, Cough Jeremy. Only Elena's aunt is still dead and she was a minor character.
The CW considers it their strongest anchor show in their target demo. This show has already produced them a spin-off and multiple actors for their other shows. It will stay on the air as long as Nina Dobrev wants to do the show.