Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: San Juan Del Sur (S29E02) -- "Method To This Madness" -- 10/1/14

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-14, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Survivor: San Juan Del Sur (S29E02) -- "Method To This Madness" -- 10/1/14

AFTER LOSING THEIR FLINT, ONE TEAM ATTEMPTS TO BARTER WITH JEFF IN A RARE NEGOTIATION, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 1

"Method To This Madness" - After losing their flint, one tribe attempts to barter with Jeff in a rare negotiation. Meanwhile, former MLB player John Rocker's controversial past threatens his future in the game, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CASTAWAYS:

COYOPA TRIBE HUNAHPU TRIBE RELATIONSHIP

Nadiya Anderson (Eliminated 9/24) Natalie Anderson Twins

Alec Christy Drew Christy Brothers

Val Collins Jeremy Collins Married

Josh Canfield Reed Kelly Dating

Jaclyn Schultz Jon Misch College Sweethearts

John Rocker Julie McGee Dating

Wes Nale Keith Nale Father and Son

Baylor Wilson Missy Payne Mother and Daughter

Dale Wentworth Kelley Wentworth Father and Daughter

SURVIVOR is hosted by Emmy Award-winning host Jeff Probst and produced by SEG, Inc. Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst are executive producers.

Read more: Listings - SURVIVOR on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3Eu8leboZ

Old 10-01-14, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: Survivor: San Juan Del Sur (S29E02) -- "Method To This Madness" -- 10/1/14

Nothing would make me happier than the second twinnie melting down and getting the boot.
Old 10-01-14, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

I must have missed something. What made Rocker think she had an idol? They only hide one at camp at a time and he had the one.

I'm glad they got rid of the 2nd chance Exile Island.
Old 10-01-14, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I think she told him she had the idol.
Old 10-01-14, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
I think she told him she had the idol.
and it's not like he's the sharpest tool in the shed.
Old 10-01-14, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I'm not sure why Val felt like that was her best move. She seemed to try too hard to stir things up and it blew up in her face.

I'm enjoying Rocker in the game, but it appears as if he's not going to back down from being a lightning rod.
Old 10-01-14, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

You dont make big moves and she called it in week 2.
Old 10-02-14, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad it wasn't Baylor.
Old 10-02-14, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Maybe its because I don't like the blood vs water concept, but so far this season isn't doing much for me.
Old 10-02-14, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Did all this season's contestants get implants for help with floatation?
Old 10-02-14, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Val actually said she had wo idols. Not sure which was more dumb... Val claiming she had two idols or Rocker beliving her since he had one.

Just glad it wasn't Baylor. Closest thing they have as far as eye candy this season.

With Val gone I fully expect Jeremy to blow up in the coming episodes. That couple seem to be filling the hot head African American slots this season. And we saw the real VAL at tribal.
Old 10-02-14, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Val actually said she had wo idols. Not sure which was more dumb... Val claiming she had two idols or Rocker beliving her since he had one.

Just glad it wasn't Baylor. Closest thing they have as far as eye candy this season.

With Val gone I fully expect Jeremy to blow up in the coming episodes. That couple seem to be filling the hot head African American slots this season. And we saw the real VAL at tribal.
That's racist!

But I'm expecting the same thing...

With that said, how do so many damn people remember Rocker? I wouldn't be able to pull him out of a lineup to save my life.
Old 10-02-14, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Don't forget the unable-to-swim African American slot as well!

It might take me a second to clue in, but I think I'd remember Rocker out of context. We did get his mug thrown in front of us a lot way back in the day. And that was before the social-media-outrage era.
Old 10-02-14, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea why Val would even go the route of claiming to have two idols. Of course they're going to flush it out right now. It was a stupid move and as much as I don't give a shit about Rocker, he's going to be getting a lot of shit about not having her back - regardless if it was her that hanged herself out to dry.

I mean, I guess he could have used his idol to save her, but still. You can't help stupid.
Old 10-02-14, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I'm not sure why Val felt like that was her best move. She seemed to try too hard to stir things up and it blew up in her face.
I can see claiming 1 HI since the other players know there are likely clues at Exile (if not the idol itself). But claiming 2 HIs pushed it. But I guess not since everyone apparently believed her.

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I'm enjoying Rocker in the game, but it appears as if he's not going to back down from being a lightning rod.
I'm liking Rocker too. Maybe the racist rants are coming, but I'm willing to believe that someone can grow up a lot over the 15 years since their early 20s. But yeah ... unfortunately it's almost a given that Jeremy will assume Rocker is a racist backstabber, when there was nothing Rocker could've done to save Val.

I don't know how so many people are recognizing Rocker either. It's like that season with Gary Hogeboom. Right away ... "Hey, aren't you Gary Hogeboom?" I think it's more likely than not that the show leaks these "secret identities" to some players just to stir up shit.
Old 10-02-14, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Was Val's idol ploy dumb? Sure. But she was going home anyway, and they were going to split the votes anyway. I don't think it helped or hurt her game so she might as well try something. I think the only thing it might have changed was who they used to split the vote.
Old 10-02-14, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
I don't know how so many people are recognizing Rocker either. It's like that season with Gary Hogeboom. Right away ... "Hey, aren't you Gary Hogeboom?" I think it's more likely than not that the show leaks these "secret identities" to some players just to stir up shit.
Rocker got a lot more facetime on things like Sportcenter than the former backup QB for the Cowboys. I would have probably recognized him. Hogeboom...yeah not so much.
Old 10-02-14, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hogeboom was farther out there to me. Between his helmet and relative (to Rocker) obscurity, I couldn't have picked him out of a lineup, and I know I watched him play.
Old 10-02-14, 12:59 PM

I'd rank Julie and the two blondes above Baylor. The way that the tall blonde in the yellow bikini (Jaclyn?) was adjusting her boobs during the fight challenge was quite nice.
Old 10-02-14, 01:09 PM

It's like that season with Gary Hogeboom. Right away ... "Hey, aren't you Gary Hogeboom?" I think it's more likely than not that the show leaks these "secret identities" to some players just to stir up shit.
Originally Posted by mwbmis
Rocker got a lot more facetime on things like Sportcenter than the former backup QB for the Cowboys. I would have probably recognized him. Hogeboom...yeah not so much.
Originally Posted by davidh777
Hogeboom was farther out there to me. Between his helmet and relative (to Rocker) obscurity, I couldn't have picked him out of a lineup, and I know I watched him play.

Yeah, I always thought that that girl Danni immediately recognizing Gary Hogeboom was really suspicious. I have a really hard time buying that. And she picked him out like he was Joe Namath or something. But most of the other celebrity contestants (Tamara "Taj" Johnson-George, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Kent, Lisa Whelchel, Cliff Robinson, and now, John Rocker) are all people I would have recognized.
Old 10-02-14, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

To lend some credence to Danni recognizing him, she was in sports broadcasting at the time. I guess it's possible.
Old 10-02-14, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by davidh777
Did all this season's contestants get implants for help with floatation?
I know! It's like they a 13 year old boy doing the casting.

Also, great job kid!
Old 10-02-14, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by madcougar
That's racist!

But I'm expecting the same thing...
It is racist. But the Survivor casting group keeps doing it over, and over, and over...

Originally Posted by joliom
Yeah, I always thought that that girl Danni immediately recognizing Gary Hogeboom was really suspicious. I have a really hard time buying that. And she picked him out like he was Joe Namath or something. But most of the other celebrity contestants (Tamara "Taj" Johnson-George, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Kent, Lisa Whelchel, Cliff Robinson, and now, John Rocker) are all people I would have recognized.
She was in sports broadcasting, and I think she said at one point that she was a Cowboy fan, and liked him esepecially for some reason. I couldn't pick out every QB to ever start in the league, but I certainly could pick out every Seahawk that every played more than a couple seasons.
Old 10-02-14, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Shinobi
I'd rank Julie and the two blondes above Baylor. The way that the tall blonde in the yellow bikini (Jaclyn?) was adjusting her boobs during the fight challenge was quite nice.
Boobs aren't everything, you know?
Old 10-03-14, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis
To lend some credence to Danni recognizing him, she was in sports broadcasting at the time. I guess it's possible.
She was in sports broadcasting, and I think she said at one point that she was a Cowboy fan, and liked him esepecially for some reason. I couldn't pick out every QB to ever start in the league, but I certainly could pick out every Seahawk that every played more than a couple seasons.
His last playing season in the NFL was in 1989. He appeared on Survivor in 2005. She wouldn't have known him because of her career in sports radio since she was like 14-years-old when he last played. She was 10 when he last played for the Cowboys (as the backup QB). That's some pretty awesome recall on her part.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.