Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dallas (S3E14/15) - 2 Hour Season Finale - "Endgame/Brave New World" - 9/22/14

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-14, 06:19 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Dallas (S3E14/15) - 2 Hour Season Finale - "Endgame/Brave New World" - 9/22/14

"Endgame" - Monday, Sept. 22, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT) - TV-14-DLSV

While Christopher races to find Elena, Bobby is double-crossed by the cartel. No longer able to sit by, John Ross puts his own life on the line to attempt a rescue. Meanwhile, Nicolas tries to prove himself to Elena by making a deal with the authorities that puts him on a collision course with John Ross' plan and places both their lives in jeopardy.

Directed by Millicent Shelton

Written by Bruce Rasmussen

Created by David Jacobs

Developed by Cynthia Cidre

SEASON FINALE: "Brave New World" - Monday, Sept. 22, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT) - TV-14-DLSV

In the electrifying third season finale, the Ewings and the Rylands finally force the cartel to pay the piper as some lives are saved and others are lost. Bobby and Sue Ellen form a new alliance to protect the family, which pits them against John Ross, who is still trying to regain control of Ewing Global and fix his marriage to Pamela. And Elena is pushed to the brink when she finds out the real depths of Nicolas' betrayal. As the season comes to an end, enemies are unmasked, new alliances are formed, and John Ross learns a shocking secret about J.R. that sends him halfway around the globe in search of a surprising new cohort. Melinda Clarke guest-stars.

Directed by Steve Robin

Written by Robert Rovner

Created by David Jacobs

Developed by Cynthia Cidre
2 hour season finale. No word on a renewal yet.
Old 09-22-14, 06:32 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Dallas (S3E14/15) - 2 Hour Season Finale - "Endgame/Brave New World" - 9/22/14

I have the sinking feeling this is the end...

On a brighter node, it would free up Josh Henderson to play some superhero somewhere. Nightwing?
Old 09-22-14, 09:36 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Dallas (S3E14/15) - 2 Hour Season Finale - "Endgame/Brave New World" - 9/22/14

Probably 50/50 for renewal. TNT's other shows have all crashed (Legend is a bomb and Franklin and Bash is Sony owned, so they could push for a 5th and Final). Since Dallas is WB-owned I could see another Season.

I really enjoy this show so I'm hoping for another round.I have a feeling we will find out in the new week or two.
Old 09-22-14, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gizmo
Probably 50/50 for renewal. TNT's other shows have all crashed (Legend is a bomb and Franklin and Bash is Sony owned, so they could push for a 5th and Final). Since Dallas is WB-owned I could see another Season.

I really enjoy this show so I'm hoping for another round.I have a feeling we will find out in the new week or two.
Agree. I think it has a decent shot, just because of name recognition. The biggest problem is when it airs. I do think the split season was a good idea, but they did not market the return in the summer well enough.
Old 09-22-14, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Agree. I think it has a decent shot, just because of name recognition. The biggest problem is when it airs. I do think the split season was a good idea, but they did not market the return in the summer well enough.
Sounds like the writing was on the wall all along? (ie. TNT might not care anymore?)

Last edited by morriscroy; 09-22-14 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-22-14, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I'll be surprised if it's not renewed in SOME sense...meaning a shorter season or a series of TV movies or something of that sort. Despite its low 18-49 demo, it still gets close to 2 million viewers a week (and about 3 million when you factor in DVR numbers).

There's also a decent chance if TNT drops this, someone like Netflix, Amazon or Hulu might be interested in picking it up.

DALLAS is a known international brand, and the show has been VERY good this year (best of the three seasons, in my opinion), so I can't see it not returning in some form. We'll see.
Old 09-22-14, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

At times I wonder how the original Dallas lasted for so long. Considering it lasted five more years after that "it's all a dream" season.
Old 09-22-14, 11:11 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by morriscroy
At times I wonder how the original Dallas lasted for so long. Considering it lasted five more years after that "it's all a dream" season.
lack of options
Old 09-22-14, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
On a brighter node, it would free up Josh Henderson to play some superhero somewhere. Nightwing?

Guy Gardner.
Old 09-22-14, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by morriscroy
Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy...that's how.

Duffy's still the best thing about the show - despite his 65 years.

Those were just two iconic characters. I believe Bobby was originally named after/patterned after Robert Kennedy, which explains why fans latched onto him.
Old 09-22-14, 11:58 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Well, at least they killed off the most uninteresting characters.

Elenas diaphragm makes its return.

Judith Light in that outfit at the end. Daaaaam.
Old 09-23-14, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Wow, that answers the question on who gets top billing next season in the opening credits permanently. If there is a next season.

Finally we have our answer to the diaphragm storyline that was lingering.

I seriously wanted to strangle Elena. She was beyond stupid.

Loved that it ended with John Ross' evil laugh. TNT has to give this another season. If they do, they really should launch it next summer. It will get more eyes on it than winter when there is so much on.
Old 09-23-14, 06:52 AM

Christopher was my guess. I felt like the actor thought he was getting overshadowed and underutilized. His storylines were dumb. You could tell he wanted to move on. We'll see if the deaths sticks...

Last edited by dex14; 09-23-14 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-23-14, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah. If the death sticks, getting rid of Christopher is a good move since they really haven't given him much to do all season. His story lines were boring and only helped everyone else's story arcs. And once the new girlfriend went away, he was just a supporting role popping up to remind everyone he was still on the show. Bobby is pretty much who Christopher should be. But with Patrick Duffy on the show, who needs Metcalfe? Hell, they're even bringing back an old flame to set up a new Bobby storyline. If Christopher survives, what's left for him?

Once again, Josh Henderson was great in this episode. The breakdown in the elevator was fantastic! He has more than stepped into Larry Hagman's position. I just wish the writers would stop neutering his plans. "Ha ha! I got a plan to take over Ewing Global." Oh, wait! Bobby cut him off again before the end of the episode. Even in the original show, Bobby wasn't this quick and JR beat him out more than once. Hopefully, with the new attitude, John Ross can finally get one over on his uncle.

When they killed the two drug dealers in their cells, I really thought John Ross was going Corleone-style on his enemies. Taking out everyone who crossed him. Was disappointed when it turned out to be Nicolás.

Knew it was coming. Elena is a mess. Ugh!

This has been the best season since the revival. I really hope TNT continues it in some way.
Old 09-23-14, 06:54 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Mark my words.

I guaran-fuckin-tee John Ross' half-sister is black.
Old 09-23-14, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't know why they're bring a new offspring into the picture. J.R. still has 2 other sons wandering around the world - James and Terrance (Harper). Terrance's mom even showed up at his funeral.

J.R. has a grandson named "Jimmy" too. There doesn't need to be another surprise Ewing.
Old 09-23-14, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Yeah. If the death sticks, getting rid of Christopher is a good move since they really haven't given him much to do all season. His story lines were boring and only helped everyone else's story arcs. And once the new girlfriend went away, he was just a supporting role popping up to remind everyone he was still on the show. Bobby is pretty much who Christopher should be. But with Patrick Duffy on the show, who needs Metcalfe? Hell, they're even bringing back an old flame to set up a new Bobby storyline. If Christopher survives, what's left for him?

Once again, Josh Henderson was great in this episode. The breakdown in the elevator was fantastic! He has more than stepped into Larry Hagman's position. I just wish the writers would stop neutering his plans. "Ha ha! I got a plan to take over Ewing Global." Oh, wait! Bobby cut him off again before the end of the episode. Even in the original show, Bobby wasn't this quick and JR beat him out more than once. Hopefully, with the new attitude, John Ross can finally get one over on his uncle.

When they killed the two drug dealers in their cells, I really thought John Ross was going Corleone-style on his enemies. Taking out everyone who crossed him. Was disappointed when it turned out to be Nicolás.

Knew it was coming. Elena is a mess. Ugh!

This has been the best season since the revival. I really hope TNT continues it in some way.
Christopher was superfluous this season. But I like Bobby being one step ahead. That's experience with JR, and like he said John Ross ain't JR. At least not yet. Drinking the JR Bourbon and that laugh at the end was a great touch.

And Melinda Clarke is a great addition.

And good to see that Judith ain't going anywhere.
Old 09-24-14, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

http://tvline.com/2014/09/24/dallas-...on-4-spoilers/

Dallas' showrunner Cynthia Cidre answers a lot of questions about the finale. She's already written 2 scripts for season 4 even though the show hasn't been picked up yet. Lots of interesting nuggets looking ahead.

She says if TNT cancels it, she will post the scripts online.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-24-14 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-24-14, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Don't know why they're bring a new offspring into the picture. J.R. still has 2 other sons wandering around the world - James and Terrance (Harper). Terrance's mom even showed up at his funeral.

J.R. has a grandson named "Jimmy" too. There doesn't need to be another surprise Ewing.
I remember J.R.'s bastard son, James Richard Beaumont, and I remember Cally had J.R.'s kid but it was never revealed to the audience if it was a boy or girl. I assume when John Ross tracks down his half-sister, it will be Cally's daughter. Who is Terrance, and who is his mother?
Old 09-24-14, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Christopher was superfluous this season. And good to see that Judith ain't going anywhere.
I agree Christopher was underutilized this season. The writers should have done more to make him pivotal to the plot. I wish to God Judith had died. Her character's a joke... and Judith Light isn't old enough to play Harris' mom.
Old 09-24-14, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

I got bored with the new series and stopped watching but
Spoiler:
surprised that they killed off Christopher
seeing as how he was one of the main characters and the series hasn't been on that long yet.
Old 09-24-14, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy...that's how.

Duffy's still the best thing about the show - despite his 65 years.

Those were just two iconic characters. I believe Bobby was originally named after/patterned after Robert Kennedy, which explains why fans latched onto him.
Yep. Boy scout Bobby kept bad boy J.R. in check. It's how the show worked except when Bobby wasn't there. Remember the season without him? Dreadful. The new series had the good cousin vs. bad cousin thing going for it, but now that's over. I guess it'll be up to Uncle Bobby to keep John Ross in line now... assuming TNT green lights a fourth Season.
Old 09-24-14, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If there's a Season 4, I hope the show focuses more on the Ewing family and less on Mexican drug lords and the Rylands. I'd like to see more Ewings at Southfork. In the old series, Bobby had a son with Jenna Wade named Lucas. He let his half-brother, Ray Krebbs, and Jenna take Lucas to Europe to raise. With Christopher dead, it'd be nice to see Lucas show up at Southfork to meet his real daddy. Or maybe Bobby could seek him out and that could cause friction between him and Ray.
Old 09-25-14, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
I remember J.R.'s bastard son, James Richard Beaumont, and I remember Cally had J.R.'s kid but it was never revealed to the audience if it was a boy or girl. I assume when John Ross tracks down his half-sister, it will be Cally's daughter. Who is Terrance, and who is his mother?
"Terrance" was Cally & J.R.'s son. Double-checking, I guess the name "Terrance" was the name fans gave their son. He was still un-named when the show ended.

Toward the end of the original series, J.R. finds out that Cally moved to Florida, found a new boyfriend and was raising their son. He decided to leave her in peace.

Maybe the new series writers will just wash that away and make the child a girl now. Who's going to remember anything from the 1991 final season? Hell, I don't even remember most of the final seasons and I was a devoted fan.
Old 09-25-14, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Yep. Boy scout Bobby kept bad boy J.R. in check. It's how the show worked except when Bobby wasn't there. Remember the season without him? Dreadful. The new series had the good cousin vs. bad cousin thing going for it, but now that's over. I guess it'll be up to Uncle Bobby to keep John Ross in line now... assuming TNT green lights a fourth Season.
I haven't really kept up, is the series in danger of being cancelled?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.