Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

It would be nice if Disney Movies anywhere was available on tv streaming devices

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

It would be nice if Disney Movies anywhere was available on tv streaming devices

Old 08-08-14, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that Disney Movies anywhere is available I can no longer get digital copies of Disney movies on my Amazon Instant video. Instead they go to Disney Movies anywhere. While I think it is a nice service, its only available on mobile devices. I want to be able to watch these movies on my tv also like on my Roku if I bring it with me somewhere. Hopefully Blu-ray players and Roku will get the app soon.
Old 09-16-14, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If they come with a code for a digital copy (the ones that don't require discs) you can enter it on Vudu for example and watch it on your TV and the code will also work with DMA app. I've entered Frozen, Cars, Monster's U, Planes, Iron Man 3, Tarzan, Hercules, and The Muppet Movie all with no problems so far.
Old 09-17-14, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts
Re: It would be nice if Disney Movies anywhere was available on tv streaming devices

I believe Disney is setting DMA up as a future alternative structure to UltraViolet for their catalog. DMA is tied to iTunes at the moment but it wouldn't surprise me if another streaming service eventually gains access to it.
Old 09-20-14, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: It would be nice if Disney Movies anywhere was available on tv streaming devices

Originally Posted by bigjim25
If they come with a code for a digital copy (the ones that don't require discs) you can enter it on Vudu for example and watch it on your TV and the code will also work with DMA app. I've entered Frozen, Cars, Monster's U, Planes, Iron Man 3, Tarzan, Hercules, and The Muppet Movie all with no problems so far.
Does this mean I can reenter them again on Vudu or once I already used the code on Disney Movie rewards web site I can no longer use them again on another site?