Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

God Help The Girl (9/5/14) (D: Stuart Murdoch [Belle & Sebastian]; S: Emily Browning)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

God Help The Girl (9/5/14) (D: Stuart Murdoch [Belle & Sebastian]; S: Emily Browning)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-14, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Luv Belle and Sebastian (well, most of their stuff), luv Emily Browning, so I'll prolly check out this modest looking flick when it hits the local art theater even if the trailer does seem a bit too Wes Anderson-esque for my taste.

Set in Glasgow, Scotland, the film is about a girl called Eve (Browning) who is in the hospital dealing with some emotional problems and starts writing songs as a way of getting better. Songwriting becomes her way forward, leading her to the City where she meets James (Olly Alexander) and Cassie (Hannah Murray), two musicians each at crossroads of their own. What follows is a story of renaissance over the course of a long, dream-like Summer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6jc2gHpNbyc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 08-06-14, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: God Help The Girl (9/5/14) (D: Stuart Murdoch [Belle & Sebastian]; S: Emily Brown

Saw this at a festival earlier this year and it's basically Belle & Sebastian Album Covers: The Movie. It gets tired after the first 20 minutes. Too precious for its own good. The millennial hipster set will love it, though I'm too old for this shit (and I say that as a former B&S fan).