Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hell on Wheels (AMC) -- Season 4 Thread -- Saturdays starting 8/2/14

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-14, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Hell on Wheels (AMC) -- Season 4 Thread -- Saturdays starting 8/2/14

AMC's original Western drama "Hell on Wheels," will return for an expanded fourth season of 13 episodes on Saturday, August 2 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. The new season of the series, which stars Anson Mount, Colm Meaney and Common, will air in two parts with the first 10 episodes running consecutively through Saturday, October 4, before taking a hiatus during the networks annual FearFest programming, and returning for the final three episodes beginning on Saturday, November 8. "Hell On Wheels" shifted to the Saturday night slot last year to partner with the network's already successful Western programming on Saturdays, and delivered an average audience of 3.3 million viewers, live plus 3. Additionally, the series nearly doubled (+97%) the network's Saturday prime average and was +152% higher than the total day average. For season four, the network will once again package the series with favorite Western titles, including the films, "The Horse Whisperer," "Tombstone," and "Jeremiah Johnson," and the network premiere of the mini-series, "Comanche Moon." Season Three of "Hell On Wheels" ended with Cullen Bohannon (Anson Mount) married to a pregnant Naomi and living in the Mormon fort where the Swede (Christopher Heyerdahl) was impersonating church leader, Bishop Dutson; Thomas "Doc" Durant (Colm Meaney) back in control of the Union Pacific Railroad which had successfully expanded westward to Cheyenne; and Elam (Common), gravely injured by a bear while searching for the missing Cullen. As Season Four unfolds, civilization makes its way west with the railroad, bringing with it men who attempt to do with their pens what rougher men did in seasons past with their guns. Conflict between government and big business, ranchers, homesteaders and the railroad will continue to define the drama as all of those interests compete with one another for control of Cheyenne, Wyoming, the "Magic City of the Plains," and the most important railroad hub in the country. The season will also introduce several new characters including John Campbell (Jake Weber, "Medium," "The Following").

13 episode 4th season premieres tomorrow night. I'm posting this early since alot of you may not be aware that it's coming back.

Also, due to the fact that it's airing on a Saturday, there probably won't be alot of discussion here, so 1 thread for the entire season.

Preview of season 4

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yb11Lo5Ht6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-01-14, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Re: Hell on Wheels (AMC) -- Season 4 Thread -- Saturdays starting 8/2/14

I imagine I'll probably still watch this. Is it too late to bring back Dominique McElligott?
Old 08-01-14, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Season 3 is now on Netflix for anyone who needs to catch up on some episodes. Also, AMC is currently running a marathon of seasons 1-3 leading into tomorrow's premiere.
Old 08-01-14, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I'm so glad this comes back tomorrow night (well, technically tonight). I love this show.
Old 08-01-14, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I'm so glad this comes back tomorrow night (well, technically tonight). I love this show.
Yeah, it's one of my favorites too. I hope the Saturday experiment from last season lets it continue to do serviceable numbers for AMC so we get a fifth.
Old 08-02-14, 04:36 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I'm glad this is back. The season finale of S3 would have made for the world's most awful series finale.
Old 08-02-14, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So based on the lack of Common in that preview and that cast photo, I guess it's safe to assume Elam is not going to be a part of this season. It'd be a shame if true since I really liked that character.
Old 08-02-14, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So based on the lack of Common in that preview and that cast photo, I guess it's safe to assume Elam is not going to be a part of this season. It'd be a shame if true since I really liked that character.
Shit, that would suck.

Spoiler:
I read a article saying he survived the bear attack but not in the way we might think, whatever that means.
Old 08-04-14, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I see this episode didn't light anyone else's world on fire given the lack of responses. I've thought AMC has terribly managed this series, almost from the beginning. By this point it feels like AMC's Western version of Falling Skies.

Elam is referenced in the first episode.
Old 08-04-14, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought it was a pretty boring episode. Hopefully it gets better. Elam needs to come back... quick.
Old 08-04-14, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It was alright. I just want the Swede (Norwegian) to fucking die so we can get on with the building the railroad story...
Old 08-04-14, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Seriously, that fuck should of been dead whenever it was he went off the bridge. He's a villian I hate to hate, just annoying and needs to die.
Old 08-04-14, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
By this point it feels like AMC's Western version of Falling Skies.
That's a pretty low blow.

Agree that it was a bit lackadaisical season opener, but I like the fact that they're not afraid to kill off major characters in past seasons & throw Bohannon into a very different predicament. I think Elam will return at some point, just as the Bishop Swede did (although that was a pretty miraculous, comic-book villainish survival). They'll probably kill off the wife & child or have them stay, but it would be nice to see them escape along with Bohannon & accompany him on the railroad. That would go against convention, but it would give Cullen a new perspective & perhaps a road to redemption.

Still enjoy this show more than 99% of all the network fare.
Old 08-04-14, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I actually don't mind Bohannon having a kid, I think somehow he's going to escape with the child and the mother won't make it. Though it was such a plot device for Bohannon to tell practically everyone, including his arch-enemy, that he was packing up and leaving with his wife.
Old 08-04-14, 06:29 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

nice recasting of the wife. Bohannon came across as an uber creep with that other actress who looked like she was 14.
Old 08-04-14, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

No actually that's EXACTLY why the recasting SUCKS.
Old 08-04-14, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This show has always been terrible at historical authenticity.
Old 08-05-14, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So what ever became of Ruth and the Mormon boy whose parents the Swede murdered? Neither was so much as mentioned?
Old 08-05-14, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm suspecting the Mormon boy is the one who is going to show the Swede for who he is (a Norwegian psychopath). Fuck Ruth. Dumb bitch.
Old 08-05-14, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
nice recasting of the wife. Bohannon came across as an uber creep with that other actress who looked like she was 14.
For the record, Siobhan Williams took a bigger role on ABC's Black Box, which conflicted with filming for Hell on Wheels. So they didn't recast her for the "creepy factor", the actress just wasn't available.
Old 08-05-14, 03:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I enjoy The Swede and thought the scene of him bursting into the delivery room was great. I do think they need to do more with the railroad story as well as get out of Cheyenne and back to the travelling town called Hell on Wheels. Unfortunately it looks like they're going to stay in Cheyenne for the foreshadowed range war.
Old 08-05-14, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...r-more/290084/

For anyone curious about how Hell on Wheels did Saturday night. 2.4M viewers and 0.5. That's on par with a lot of veteran cable shows airing right now. Looks even better considering hardly anyone watches TV on Saturday except sports. Way better ratings than Turn and Halt and Catch Fire.

I think the move to Saturdays paid off.
Old 08-10-14, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This second episode was WAY better than the first. The plot with the government coming to Cheyenne and trying to "civilize" it is really interesting. So glad that Bohanan is out of the Mormon compound and the Swede is going to have to answer for killing the preacher. The way he tricked the Swede into admitting murder was awesome.

So I'm guessing with where this episode ended, the next will be Bohanan going out to find Elam. Hopefully they don't take more than an episode or two to find him.
Old 08-10-14, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Really loved how Bohannon turned the tables on the Swede. But I was upset they didn't show the Mormon's hanging or at least gunning down the Swede. I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow weasels his way out of that predicament.

Loved the shot of Bohannon looking into the camera when he was trying to put into words who Elam is to him.
Old 08-10-14, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow weasels his way out of that predicament.
This is what I am expecting. They seem to keep him around to piss us (the viewers) off. I hate it big-time. Dude needs to answer for his sins.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.