Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Couple of Marvel collection questions (Superior Spider-Man, Empire of the Dead)

Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-14, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I've just recently started diving back into comics a little, previously the only current title I kept up on was The Walking Dead, but now I've been looking into getting Spider-Man stuff from Superior on.
So that brings me to my first question, I got the firstoversized hardcover for Superior Spider-Man, and plan on getting the second one. Can I expect Marvel to keep releasing following oversized hardcovers, or are they not that consistent? I see there was 7 months between volumes 1 and 2, but Amazon listings look to be up through January and there hasn't been a listing for a volume 3 yet.

My other question is, I just recently found out George Romero is doing an Empire of the Dead comic with Marvel. It's in three 5-issue 'acts', with the first one getting a TPB soon. Is it worth holding out for a complete TPB or HC?
Old 07-24-14, 08:10 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Couple of Marvel collection questions (Superior Spider-Man, Empire of the Dead)

No matter what collected edition you buy there will always be a different option (or three) down the road.
Old 07-24-14, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Couple of Marvel collection questions (Superior Spider-Man, Empire of the Dead)

Originally Posted by Trevor
No matter what collected edition you buy there will always be a different option (or three) down the road.
And sometimes - on rare occasion - there will be none.
Old 07-24-14, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I've seen this come up a few times in regards to Superior, and nobody knows. There's speculation that they will skip past it and just release an omnibus, but they do seem rather hit and miss when it comes to finishing publications in the same format they started.

That being said, they're finally releasing a Trial of Captain America Omnibus, and I had thought they had stopped, so who knows?
Old 07-25-14, 10:50 AM

So it sounds like the answer I was afraid of: they don't have consistency when it comes to this stuff. Now I don't know if I want to buy the second Superior hardcover, or wait and see if they come out with an Omnibus.
Old 09-01-14, 09:11 AM

As an update to my original question, there is a third volume of SSM coming out! It's over 400 pages, so it looks like it might finish off the series. Now I can buy the second volume
Old 09-03-14, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Trying to guess Marvel's release strategy is like predicting the stock market.