Reload this Page >

Witches of East End (Lifetime) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 7/06/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-06-14, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

The second season of Lifetime's thrilling series Witches of East End (#WitchesofEastEnd) returns this summer, beginning Sunday, July 6, at 9 pm ET/PT with an ensemble cast headlined by Emmy Award-winner Julia Ormond (Temple Grandin, Mad Men), Jenna Dewan Tatum (American Horror Story), Rachel Boston (In Plain Sight), Mädchen Amick (Mad Men, Damages), Eric Winter (The Mentalist) and Daniel DiTomasso (CSI). Christian Cooke (Magic City) joins the cast as a new series regular this season. Based on Melissa de la Cruz's New York Times best-selling novel, the series centers on the Beauchamp family, where in season one sisters Freya (Dewan Tatum) and Ingrid (Boston) discovered they are witches with ancient magical powers. With the help of their mother Joanna (Ormond) and aunt Wendy (Amick), they learned how to cultivate their craft and work together to defeat unearthly enemies seeking revenge on their family, while keeping their abilities a secret from the town.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Daniel DiTomasso as Killian
· Eric Winter as Dash
· Jenna Dewan Tatum as Freya
· Julia Ormond as Joanna
· Madchen Amick as Wendy
· Rachel Boston as Ingrid

13 episode 2nd season

Recap of season 1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AgoTFyu6P3o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Season 2 teaser

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-_M_91oA-Cc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, the entire 1st season was just posted on Netflix recently.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70291306?trkid=3565916

I caught up on the 1st season via On demand. I marathoned it over the past 2 weeks and ended up really liking it.

I don't know how many here checked out the 1st season, but this was a pretty heavily serialized supernatural show with a mythology. Don't know if their will be much of an audience in this forum since it's on Lifetime, but I'll throw this up anyways.

I know most here barely have time to keep up with only a handful of programs, but if you're even remotely interested in watching this and have Netflix, I recommend watching season 1 first before jumping in.

Previous Thread:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/614...r-charmed.html
Old 07-06-14, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts
Re: Witches of East End (Lifetime) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 7/06/14

The first season was a lot of fun for what amounted to a soapy version of supernatural drama. Someone seriously messed up in post on this premiere episode for the second season. The whole episode had a sickly green tint, as if Witches of East End was inside The Matrix. It was definitely a mistake in the color grading. I can't believe the premiere episode made it to air like that.

I didn't expect a show on Lifetime to be a pioneer but this episode introduced tentacle rape to American television. Granted, it looked to be consensual tentacle rape.
Old 07-06-14, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the premeire minus the tentacle rape and I hope that Ingrid doesn't end up having some weird witch creature baby.

I'm curious to see how Dash's storyline will pan out with his powers. I bet Bianca Lawson's character is either going to con Killian out of the winnings or she might be a shady supernatural character.
Old 07-08-14, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Pretty good season premiere. Looks like they are setting up Dash to be a villain, especially with his hate towards Freya and the new powers.

I could have done without Ingrid's tentacle sex scene at the end with that man serpent.

How did Joanna get sick? The last we saw of her, she, Wendy and Ingrid witnessed someone coming out of the Asgaard gateway...which is the brother? I hope Joel Gretsch sticks around. I've always liked him since The 4400.
Old 07-08-14, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The episode was confusingly edited about the brother and a possible other person that came through the portal. I enjoyed the episode but it was sloppy at times.
Old 07-13-14, 09:38 PM

I thought the second episode was slightly better than the first episode. I already dislike Wendy's potential love interest, the guy seems lame. I predict that Ingrid and Dash will eventually become a couple.
Old 08-28-14, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by writer106
I thought the second episode was slightly better than the first episode. I already dislike Wendy's potential love interest, the guy seems lame. I predict that Ingrid and Dash will eventually become a couple.
It looks like you were right with the Dash and Ingrid prediction. They've kept this season at a breezy pace, though they have dragged out the Eva storyline far longer than I thought.

James Marsters is on the show now as a guest character.
Old 08-30-14, 11:48 PM

I got caught up on the last few episodes. I'm liking this season minus Mangadora stuff and I also thought it was weird that they didn't make a bigger deal out of Victor's death. Eva is obvious one of the big bads. I have a feeling that she was watching the East End for awhile and knew about the Gardeners and Beauchamps. It was good to see James Marsters on the show, even though his character didn't too much.
Old 09-01-14, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think Marsters will be the eventual host for their father in this realm. They love ex-Buffy cast on this show.
Old 09-22-14, 01:37 AM

pretty gay i allready know whats going to happen women im a guy

i know the father of the witches is going to try to sacrifice all of them too get his youth and power back is so simple of a plot just like all the rest of the trash that's on Hollywood movies and series there just shit wish i i was writer id leave people on the edge and still keep them wondering all they could do is write a predictable script thats been done thousand times
Old 11-07-14, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 715 Likes on 585 Posts

It appears the magic has run out for Witches of East End.

Lifetime’s supernatural drama about the all-powerful Beauchamp family has been cancelled after just two seasons, TVLine has confirmed.
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/witches-ea...222108335.html
Old 11-07-14, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought the second season was as good as its solid first season. The cast had grown in size, I wonder if budgetary issues came into play? It was far better than Lifetime's other genre series.
Old 11-07-14, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I thought the second season was as good as its solid first season. The cast had grown in size, I wonder if budgetary issues came into play? It was far better than Lifetime's other genre series.

That probably was a factor along with the dip in ratings. There were a couple of things I wasn't crazy about this season. I enjoyed this show better than The Lottery which also got canned.
Old 11-08-14, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Another show that ends on a cliffhanger..........more reasons why I hate them.
Old 12-21-14, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I had saved the last couple of episodes, since I knew the series had been canceled. I know some get rankled when a show gets canceled on a big cliffhanger, but that is the nature of television.

That finale was a bloodbath, several characters could have possibly been written out for a season three after its events. I don't think they did enough with the evil father arc, that was the biggest failing of season two. The characterization glossed over his motivations and background, I guess they were hesitant to show flashbacks in Asgard.

I didn't like the heel turn by Dash at the very end. I guess he was always intended to be the villain, but they had softened his character too much for that drastic shift. I presume Sarah Lancaster's FBI agent was the primary antagonist for season three.