Reload this Page >

Reckless (CBS) -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 6/29/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-29-14, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

ANNA WOOD AND CAM GIGANDET STAR IN THE SULTRY NEW LEGAL DRAMA "RECKLESS," PREMIERING SUNDAY, JUNE 29

Filmed on Location in Charleston, South Carolina

"Pilot" - When defense attorney Jamie Sawyer is hired by disgraced cop Lee Anne Marcus in the wake of a sex scandal involving the local police department, she finds herself facing off against Roy Rayder, the newly appointed City Attorney, on the series premiere of RECKLESS, Sunday, June 29 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The episode was filmed on location in Charleston, South Carolina.

RECKLESS is a sultry legal drama set in Charleston, S.C., where a gorgeous Yankee litigator and a charming southern attorney must hide their intense mutual attraction as a police sex scandal threatens to tear the city apart. Jamie Sawyer is enviously cool, confident and armed with south side of Chicago street-smarts as she takes on the good ol' boys in the South. Her handsome courtroom rival is Roy Rayder, a divorced father of two, embodies the Old South and is the newly minted City Attorney, thanks to his influential former father-in-law, Dec Fortnum. When disgraced cop Lee Anne Marcus hires Jamie to represent her in a lawsuit against the police department, Jamie and Roy discover that Lee Anne is at the epicenter of a sinister case with dire implications for the members of the Charleston PD. Heading that department is Deputy Chief Holland Knox, a family man who radiates integrity. Working under him are Terry McCandless, a cocky and corrupt detective, and Preston Cruz, Jamie's well-respected boyfriend who might not be all that he appears. Helping Jamie is her confidante and paralegal, Vi Briggs, an expert at digging up case-winning information. As Jamie and Roy spar in and out of the courtroom, dark secrets simmer behind every door and threaten to tarnish the genteel facade of seductive Charleston.

SERIES REGULARS:

Anna Wood (Jamie Sawyer) -- Deception
Cam Gigandet (Roy Rayder) -- The OC
Shawn Hatosy (Terry McCandless) -- Southland
Adam Rodriguez (Preston Cruz) -- CSI: Miami
Georgina Haig (Lee Anne Marcus) -- Fringe
Kim Wayans (Vi Briggs)
Gregory Harrison (Dec Fortnum) -- Trapper John MD
Michael Gladis (Deputy Chief Knox)

GUEST CAST:

Heather Hemmens (Brenda)
Collins Pennie (Deshaun)
Gretchen Egolf (Helen Barnes)
Tim Ware (Judge Garner)
Faith Wren & Joy Wren (Shaunee)
Craig Stark (Kenny)
Faith Dillon (Marisa St. Cloud)
Eugene H. Russell IV (Lester)
Thomas E. Clark III (Cop Two)
Todd Sullivan (Cop One)
Mike Pniewski (Tom Johnson)
Josh Carter (Big Cop)
Erin Underwood (Reception Cop)
Randy Gonzalez (Cop)
Andy Stahl (Davis Peel)
Daniel Newman (Arliss)
Rodney Rogers (Detective)
Michele Powe (Female Guard)
Langley McArol (Shoot)

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producer Dana Stevens

DIRECTED BY: Catherine Hardwicke

This was originally supposed to air this past season, but they had no timeslots available, so it got pushed back to being a summer series.

It's shot entirely on location in South Carolina. It's basically a serialized legal soap opera. It may or may not have any interest here, but I'll throw this thread up for shits and giggles. It has a young attractive cast, so it's not your typical old people CBS show.

I'm checking it out mainly because of Shawn Hatosy from Southland and Georgina Haig, who was on Fringe. I like both of them. I'm not a big fan of Cam Gigandet, who is the lead. He always looks like a douche bag in everything I've seen him in.

Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-Eq8PongyHw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-29-14, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Reckless (CBS) -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 6/29/14

BUH BYE to this very soon. Pretty crappy and not intriguing in the least. I thought this would be a somewhat dark and suspenseful show but it comes off as being almost lighthearted when it shouldn't be. Cam Gigandet's looks ain't gonna save it either.
Old 07-05-14, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Well, if you're a fan of Georgina Haig from Fringe, she shows a lot of skin here. That sex video of her banging like 6 cops was interesting. plus, one of them is the boyfriend of the main character.

Kind of trashy, but I'm presuming most here won't be watching. It's mostly a law procedural with some Southern flair. On the plus side, Haig is really nice to look at here. The eye candy factor with Haig and Anna Wood will keep me checking this out for now, but I know I'm taking to deaf ears here.

And man, Shawn Hatosy is a dick on this show.
Old 07-05-14, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

The pilot is a freebie on Amazon Instant Video.