Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Harvest (2013) D: John McNaughton S: Michael Shannon, Samantha Morton,Peter Fonda

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Harvest (2013) D: John McNaughton S: Michael Shannon, Samantha Morton,Peter Fonda

Old 06-05-14, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

I was just looking at John McNaughtons imdb page wondering what he's been up to, as he hasn't directed a film in more than a decade when I came across this film. And it surprised me that theres literally no word about this film ANYWHERE. Despite a really good cast.

This is all I've been able to come up with:

A couple who keeps their sick son in a secluded environment find their controlled lives challenged by a young girl who moves in next door.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543336/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

and also this trailer, which according to the details on the webpage, is the McNaughton film. Yet features neither Michael Shannon, Samantha Morton or Peter Fonda. And also happens to look like cheap shit.

http://www.latesttrailer.com/the-har...orror-trailer/

As a big fan of Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer and Michael Shannon, my interest is piqued. But info on this film is hard to come by.

Last edited by Hazel Motes; 06-05-14 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-06-14, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Harvest (2013) D: John McNaughton S: Michael Shannon, Samantha Morton,Peter F

I'm pretty sure that trailer is for a non-existent film. VFX Productions has this in the "about" section on its website:

Hello, I am a film maker from the UK. I love working in many fields of film production including Directing, Cinematography, VFX, Colour Grading and Sound Design. With each and every one of my projects, be it trailers, music videos, motion graphics or short films, I try to get the best results possible as a one man crew. My aim is to build up a strong portfolio of work which I hope is successful in helping me achieve a future in this amazing film industry.
In the YouTube link he mentions that he shot it a while ago and edited it later.
Old 09-21-15, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
Re: The Harvest (2013) D: John McNaughton S: Michael Shannon, Samantha Morton,Peter F

Watched this over the weekend and was disappointed, what a waste of some good talent.

2/5
Old 09-21-15, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought all of the performances were fairly strong, especially Morton, but the film's problem is there are two twists - and once the first is revealed the second can be surmised in a matter of minutes. This story would have been better served as a television episode, not a feature.
Old 09-21-15, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by islandclaws
I thought all of the performances were fairly strong, especially Morton, but the film's problem is there are two twists - and once the first is revealed the second can be surmised in a matter of minutes. This story would have been better served as a television episode, not a feature.
The performances by Morton & Shannon were good but the script is severely flawed and predictable.