Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Ranma 1/2

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-14, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ranma 1/2

Episode 1 on Hulu

I am hooked on this anime right now, I put off watching new dvds I got in the mail to watch this on Hulu. This is my first time watching Ranma 1/2, If you never watched Ranma 1/2 before at least watch the first episode and share your thoughts.

Last edited by chrisc31; 06-01-14 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-01-14, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Ranma 1/2

Saw first three episodes and it's not my cup of tea.
Old 06-02-14, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Ranma 1/2

Originally Posted by chrisc31
Episode 1 on Hulu

I am hooked on this anime right now, I put off watching new dvds I got in the mail to watch this on Hulu. This is my first time watching Ranma 1/2, If you never watched Ranma 1/2 before at least watch the first episode and share your thoughts.
I have quite a lot of Ranma episodes on tape and disc, but I've only watched about a dozen or so. But I like what I've seen very much, the only problem being that for a long time the only episodes I had access to (on VHS) were the English-dubbed episodes and even though I think the dub is better-than-average I'd prefer to watch it subbed and have only recently acquired more sub'd eps. I just need the time to watch them.

That being said, my favorite Rumiko Takahashi-based anime series is still "Urusei Yatsura," which was produced before Ranma and was initially directed by Ghost in the Shell's Mamoru Oshii. I have lots of those eps. on VHS also, but they were all in Japanese with subs., so I watched all of those. Now I want to watch them over.

I've seen the movie versions of each series, but I haven't watched the Ranma movies in nearly 20 years, so I need to see those again. I like the UY movies very much.