Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Continuum -- "Minute of Silence" -- 5/30/14

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-14, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,670 Likes on 2,638 Posts
Continuum -- "Minute of Silence" -- 5/30/14

Kiera, without much help from Carlos, pursues a group of brilliant students who are using cutting-edge technology to commit crimes; at the same time, she's pursued by a handsome amnesiac who wants her help piecing together his mysterious past. Elsewhere, Kellog finds a way to get back into Alec's good graces, while Alec goes to dangerous lengths to perfect his new invention.

Episode 9 of 13

Did anyone notice in the opening credits the last 2 episodes were directed by Amanda Tapping? She did really good work. I didn't realize she was directing some TV. I just checked her credits and she's done some work on Canadian shows like this, Sanctuary, Primeval: New World recently.
Old 05-31-14, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: Continuum -- "Minute of Silence" -- 5/30/14

I did notice Tapping directed!

Damn, just when you think Alec is getting better he goes stone cold. Asshole move to say the least. I'm betting Carlos will go ballistic when he finds out despite his struggles.

With 4 episodes to go this season Liber8 seems to have taken a bit of a back seat this season.

As for the main story this week - rather interesting. I was expecting the guy to have tracked her down for revenge, but seems like he may be trying to get her help. I wonder if his description was of his timeline dying.

I'd really like to have an answer on Curtis by the end of the season.

I hope we get some more meaningful future (old) Alec scenes this season. We all know he's been pulling strings to set things in motion. Would be nice to know the end game.
Old 05-31-14, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Humm...I did some reading. Apparently the John Doe wasn't the same person as the future doctor.
Old 05-31-14, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 450 Likes on 315 Posts

Seemed like Curtis was at the motel to meet up with the amnesiac but was surprised that he didn't know him.
Old 06-01-14, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I really thought that John Doe would turn out to be Kiera's son, but then they started throwing in the sexual tension, so that killed that theory.
Old 06-01-14, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by slop101
Seemed like Curtis was at the motel to meet up with the amnesiac but was surprised that he didn't know him.
I thought they were at some restaurant at that point, not the hotel. I assumed it was a chance meeting, but interesting if you are correct.
Old 06-01-14, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
I thought they were at some restaurant at that point, not the hotel. I assumed it was a chance meeting, but interesting if you are correct.
There was a big marque that said hotel outside. It might not be the safest place going forward since Curtis knows were she lives.
Old 06-04-14, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good episode, great theories here too.

I'm really busy with life, otherwise I would download the Canadian episodes to know what happens next.
Old 06-05-14, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

I'm all caught up to episode 10 thorugh Canadian airings. Now I'm all sad I have to wait a week each time to see a new ep

The last handful of S2 eps were some of the most awesome moments in television I've ever seen, I kept clicking next, next, next.

S3 is getting a bit convoluted, though. Once they split up the timelines it started getting confusing, the first two seasons had twists and turns but were easy to follow.
Old 06-05-14, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I have a new theory about John Doe after seeing Sunday's Canadian airing. I'll try to refrain until Friday, though.
Old 06-05-14, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Spoiler it, I wanna read

And I have a feeling (spoilers from NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE, unaired in the U.S. yet, aired in Canada)

Spoiler:
it's not her son. A lot of people, me included, thought he was the doctor from the citizen chip (citizen chip... citizenship... ha) removal clinic but the actors are different in the credits.