Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Wormhole X-Treme

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-14, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 479 Likes on 351 Posts
Wormhole X-Treme

While the show may have been completely derivative and unoriginal, and the scripts & dialogue cheesy, and while the sets may have looked cheap, and while the special effects were anything but special, Wormhole X-Treme still managed to be an entertaining show.

Nick Marlow as Col. Danning was more Captain Kirk than Captain Kirk was. He really channeled his inner William Shatner for the part. And Yolanda Reece as Major Stacy Monroe? Damn!

Maybe being relegated to a minor cable network really hurt the show, but it still made an impact and earned a fair number of fans. Being on that small cable network (does it even still exist?), though, really hurt the show, limiting it to it's 3 episode run. (Or was it 10 seasons? No one is sure anymore.)

I do think that the whole X thing dates the show. That whole X this, X that thing got old, especially after the XFL.

I was just thinking about the show today and wondered if anyone else remembered it. Here's a, "Behind the scenes/Making of," featurette...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n0hW0A43n3Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-13-14, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Wormhole X-Treme

Strange thread.
Old 05-13-14, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 05-13-14, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

Hey I liked Wormhole X-Treme !
Old 05-13-14, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 479 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by lisadoris
Hey I liked Wormhole X-Treme !
I was hoping for a reunion movie, and the show's creator (Martin 'Marty' Lloyd) wrote a script and pitched it multiple times, but it remains in development hell so my excitement about the project has dimmed.
Old 05-13-14, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While Wormhole X-Treme was great during it's run, I have found myself more drawn to reality based TV in the subsequent years. New episodes haven't aired in a while, but my favorite current show is...

GhostFacers
Old 05-13-14, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

#6seasonsandamovie
Old 05-13-14, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 152 Likes on 115 Posts

I was glad when that one guy who left for no given reason came back. It wasn't weird at all that they dumped his replacement.