Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Anybody here play Clash of Clans?

Just curious.
Old 05-08-14, 09:53 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Anybody here play Clash of Clans?

I used to but I stopped. The timers got too crazy. 3 days to upgrade a cannon?
Old 05-08-14, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga

Tell me about it. Except I'm far enough along I'm in the middle of an 8-day wait for my level 2 hog riders, and when I'm ready for my level 9 town hall...10 days. Insane. Still love the game, though.
Old 05-08-14, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I stopped with my town hall around level 6 or 7 I think. It got too tedious for me trying to get resources and having to attack or getting attacked.
Old 05-08-14, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There's definitely a strategy to not only get ahead in the game, but to keep yourself interested enough to play, in general. Plus, I'm heading a clan with 20+ people, so I have that to monitor, as well.

I guess I should have asked, does anybody STILL play CoC?
Old 05-09-14, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

I play. I'm a level 8 town hall, and find it hard to earn resources quick enough since everything is so damn expensive now. The clan wars have definitely made things more interesting though.
Old 05-09-14, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Are you in a clan? If not, want to join mine? If you're a TH8, we could use a little extra muscle for the next war. We've done three so far, and we're 3-0.

Last edited by The Infidel; 05-09-14 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-09-14, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I stopped with my town hall around level 6 or 7 I think. It got too tedious for me trying to get resources and having to attack or getting attacked.
I had that same problem trying to get my town hall up to level 7. I finally had to leave my phone plugged in for a couple hours on the lowest dim settings and tapping the screen every few minutes to keep it active so they couldn't attack me. After a couple hours of battles and not getting attacked, I finally had enough. I built my base up enough now where my defense wins most of the time, or they take down my town hall to get the win but only get 1k of gold.

But, yeah, the time between building sucks and that's how I forgot about the game most of the time. Anything I upgrade now is a minimum of a 1 day wait. And I am not about to spend a penny on this game.

I thought that would be the better question though. Has anyone actually spent any real money in this game?
Old 05-09-14, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got up to around level 7 townhall.
it started to get really boring and annoying.
everyone keeps attacking you so you never have enough cash to upgrade.
Old 05-09-14, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm at a level 7 Town Hall right now. It's getting incredibly boring waiting 3 to 4 days for everything to update.
Old 05-09-14, 09:40 AM
wlj

it sounds like everyone is stopping around level 7 town hall. Wasn't that like 1 week to build? The timers are too long, and I forget to play basically. I can't seem to keep up enough to ward off the level of attackers I get. The game was alot of fun at the beginning. I was pretty addicted to it. I even spent $5.00 to get another builder because i was playing so much. I may take a look at it a couple of times a week where as i used to look at it a couple of times an hour.
Old 05-09-14, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, as long as you can get in the habit of attacking a couple times once your shield is down, and then rebuild your army and keep attacking until you get attacked again, the money situation should be fairly even and you might even get ahead depending on how many attacks you can get in before getting attacked again. One thing I would suggest is maxing out your gold mine and elixir collector and then max out your defense, especially the wizard towers.
Old 05-09-14, 10:11 AM
wlj

Here is one of the things that drives me crazy:

you send 50 archers on an attack....only 25 die. however you can't use the 25 that didn't die in the next battle.
Old 05-09-14, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I never understood that as well.
Old 05-09-14, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Playing Kingdoms of Camelot made me realize I like the building aspect, but not the invading/defending. So I think I'll steer clear of this one.
Old 05-09-14, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wlj
Here is one of the things that drives me crazy:

you send 50 archers on an attack....only 25 die. however you can't use the 25 that didn't die in the next battle.
A lot of people have that same complaint. Regardless of whether you utilize them or not, if they don't die, they should go back to your base camp to use again.
Old 05-10-14, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
it sounds like everyone is stopping around level 7 town hall. Wasn't that like 1 week to build? The timers are too long, and I forget to play basically. I can't seem to keep up enough to ward off the level of attackers I get. The game was alot of fun at the beginning. I was pretty addicted to it. I even spent $5.00 to get another builder because i was playing so much. I may take a look at it a couple of times a week where as i used to look at it a couple of times an hour.
Pretty much the same for me, I loved it early on and was pretty addicted to it. I was close to buying another builder with real money also, but managed to hold off. By the time I hit TH7, everything seemed to take 3-4 days and it required too much time attacking to maintain enough resources to upgrade new things without attacking regularly.

I know a lot of people purposely lost matches to lower their ranking purposely.
Old 05-10-14, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's actually pretty common practice. It's easy to acquire too many trophies while attacking, and all of a sudden you're attacking people who are just a little above your capabilities. So, you go out and intentionally lose a few to knock yourself back down. It's a balance, but you have to know where to draw the line, because if you let yourself get knocked down too far, you can easily beat people, but the loot sucks.
Old 05-12-14, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Infidel
That's actually pretty common practice. It's easy to acquire too many trophies while attacking, and all of a sudden you're attacking people who are just a little above your capabilities. So, you go out and intentionally lose a few to knock yourself back down. It's a balance, but you have to know where to draw the line, because if you let yourself get knocked down too far, you can easily beat people, but the loot sucks.
So if I don't attack between raids, will that make my trophies go down?
Old 05-13-14, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Only if you get attacked by someone else and lose.
Old 05-13-14, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Are you in a clan? If not, want to join mine? If you're a TH8, we could use a little extra muscle for the next war. We've done three so far, and we're 3-0.

Yeah, I'm already in a clan. Thanks for the offer though
Old 05-13-14, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Farming is a good strategy to use to lose the least amount of loot while being attacked. I used to leave my town hall at the bottom corner of the map with every bomb, spring trap, and hidden tesla I had surrounding it. Leave just enough space between the TH and the outer grass of the map to fit your Giant Bombs. Fill in the rest of the spaces with your single square defenses. The top corner of your TH should be right up to your walls so the enemy can only spawn in a small area.

This strategy would take out 100s of troops before they even get close to my storages, and I would only lose about 8 trophies while getting a 12 hour shield.

This was before Clan Wars though, where farming is a bad idea.
Old 09-17-14, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm pretty much stuck. I have my town hall to level 9, but it costs 4,000,000 gold to get to level 10. Every time I get attacked, I lose between 200,000 to 300,000 gold, so I can't save enough between attacks to level up. I guess I'll focus on building up my defenses for now. My wizards are level 3, mortars are level 5, archers are level 8, cannons are level 9, hidden teslas are level 1, and my barbarian king is a level 4. I also have level 3 & 4 bombs and giant bombs scattered around and my walls are level 6. I also just started building my first x-bow. What should I focus on upgrading the most? Any ideas?
Old 09-17-14, 08:02 AM
wlj

i will give you kudos for lasting as long as you have. I stopped at level 7 due to the long wait times. I can't imagine how long they are at level 9. A new town hall probably takes 2 weeks
Old 09-17-14, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's actually what I like about the game. I only touch it a couple times a day, and usually only for a few mins each time. I can't stand playing for long periods of time on my phone. Between the battery drain and the small screen, it's not really my thing. So to be able to start building something and then coming back in a couple days is right up my alley.

But yeah, I think my last town hall took something like 12 days to build

Having 3 builders helps with that though. And I've been playing since January and haven't spent a dime on this game.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.