Reload this Page >

Survivor: Cagayan -- "Chaos Is My Friend" -- 4/30/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-30-14, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

ONE CASTAWAY'S BIDDING STRATEGY AT THE SURVIVOR AUCTION COULD PAY OFF, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 30

"Chaos Is My Friend" - One castaway's bidding strategy at the Survivor auction could pay off for them. Meanwhile, castaways draw rocks for a huge advantage in the game, and another castaway decides to show off his idol in an attempt to ensure his safety, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, April 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CASTAWAYS:

Solarrion Tribe
Jefra Bland
Spencer Bledsoe
Latasha "Tasha" Fox
Trish Hegarty Latasha "Tasha" Fox
Yung "Woo" Hwang
Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen
Tony Vlachos
Jeremiah Wood

Eliminated Castaways:

Brains Tribe
David Samson (1st Voted Off)
Garrett Adelstein (2nd Voted Off)
J'Tia Taylor (4th Voted Off)

Beauty Tribe
Brice Johnston (3rd Voted Off)
Alexis Maxwell (7th Voted Off)
Morgan McLeod (9th Voted Off, Jury)
LJ McKanas (10th Voted Off, Jury)
Jeremiah Wood (11th Voted Off, Jury)

Brawn Tribe
Cliff Robinson (5th Voted Off)
Lindsey Ogle (6th Off, Quit)
Sarah Lacina (8th Voted Off, Jury)

Episode 11 of 15
Old 04-30-14, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts
Re: Survivor: Cagayan -- "Chaos Is My Friend" -- 4/30/14

Cheap eats at the auction. Isn't it getting close to where the idols are useless?
Old 04-30-14, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

All it takes is two clever people, one paranoid person, and one dumb follower to change the game. Next week ought to be real interesting.

None of this happens if Tasha doesn't win three immunities in a row though. Good Job!
Old 04-30-14, 09:20 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kass is the definition of a ****.

Edit: I've been here almost 12 years and never realized CU Next Tuesday was considered worse than fuck. Pathetic.
Old 04-30-14, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Isn't it getting close to where the idols are useless?
I hope so. Enough with the damn idols. But I guess if Tony got an actual challenge advantage, Tasha would be gone.

Kass is the definition of a ****.
Is she capable of talking without sounding (completely undeservedly) sanctimonious and obnoxious? What was she talking about how she saved Spencer once already? Is she just thinking back to when early in the game when she was with him in the alliance?

If I was on a jury and she was one of the lawyers, I don't need to hear any evidence. I'm voting against her
Old 04-30-14, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
Is she capable of talking without sounding (completely undeservedly) sanctimonious and obnoxious? What was she talking about how she saved Spencer once already? Is she just thinking back to when early in the game when she was with him in the alliance?

If I was on a jury and she was one of the lawyers, I don't need to hear any evidence. I'm voting against her
Now that she's watched Tony flip again, I look for her to sidle up to Tasha and Spencer next week.
Old 04-30-14, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,064 Likes on 644 Posts

FOOOOOOD!!!!
Old 04-30-14, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts

I've seen her on Walking Dead!
Old 04-30-14, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder why Tony hasn't just told people he has the special idol already so he can just tell them not to waste their votes on him. I'm guessing that will come up next week going by the previews.
Old 05-01-14, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Enough with the idols this season!
Old 05-01-14, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

yeah, that second idol was pretty much handing him the million. But fucking Kass. God, I can't wait for her to try to vote Tony out to only get voted out herself.

The move she made to go from final 3 top of the hill to bottom of the other alliance was probably the dumbest move I have ever seen in this game. And yet she still acts like it was a smart move.
Old 05-01-14, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Enough with the idols this season!
It's obvious manipulation by the producers to keep Tony around. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if Jeff was holding some kind of 'trick' bag with those rocks so Spencer could ONLY pull out a white one.

There should only be one idol in play at any time (per tribe in the first part of the season) and no new idols until an idol gets played.

With Tony having 2 idols now (one of which can be used AFTER votes are announced), he'd have to be a moron not to make the final three.
Old 05-01-14, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not a fan of Tony, but the guy has made this season pretty damn entertaining. I don't see how he wins, but I also don't see how he doesn't get to the finale. He has to know he can't go to the end with Spencer or Tasha.
Old 05-01-14, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
It's obvious manipulation by the producers to keep Tony around.
Or it is the same as almost every other season: once an idol gets played, it gets put back in the game.
Old 05-01-14, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if Jeff was holding some kind of 'trick' bag with those rocks so Spencer could ONLY pull out a white one. .
Come now.

Loving this season. I like watching that nasty Kass squirm.
Old 05-01-14, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's obvious manipulation by the producers to keep Tony around. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if Jeff was holding some kind of 'trick' bag with those rocks so Spencer could ONLY pull out a white one.
I stopped believing the producers manipulated the game a long time ago. I've seen too many favorites get voted out early and too much eye candy leave to believe the producers keep anyone around. Heck, how many times would a well played idol have made for some great television only to have its owner not play it and go home?
Old 05-01-14, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,014 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Or it is the same as almost every other season: once an idol gets played, it gets put back in the game.
It seems like more than that, though. The "special" idol is new, and the auction item is often an advantage in the upcoming challenge, not another idol.

Tasha was a moron not to participate in the auction. She sort of made up for it by winning immunity, but it'd have been even better had she or Spencer gotten the idol as well. I was glad the auction ended (of course who knows what was edited out) leaving her holding the bag (and money).

Now that Tony has blown up his alliance, I guess he'll just be figuring out who he wants to take to the final three and planning accordingly.
Old 05-01-14, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777
and the auction item is often an advantage in the upcoming challenge, not another idol. .
It wasn't another idol though, it was just Spencer's idol put back in play. The method for dispensing the clue was slightly different, but the idol going back into play is the same as usual.
Old 05-01-14, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
I'm not a fan of Tony, but the guy has made this season pretty damn entertaining. I don't see how he wins, but I also don't see how he doesn't get to the finale. He has to know he can't go to the end with Spencer or Tasha.
If he's not with Spencer and/or Tasha at the end, I think he has a really good chance at winning. Most of the blindsided players don't sound like they have sour grapes. Everyone sees that he's playing hard and directing most of the moves in the game. He's not doing any Russell-style nastiness (that we've seen). Woo is seen as a puppet. Kass is a ... well, aktick had the right word. Trish would be a tougher competitor. But like Tony, she seems like she can be abrasive at times (and has made some enemies on the jury because of it). And Tony can claim more big moves.

Still, not a good move to get rid of Jefra. She's the embodiment of a coattail-rider, and I don't think this jury would reward that. I thought that having the special idol would alleviate Tony's paranoia, but thankfully I was wrong

I'm sure someone here made fun of it in an earlier thread, but somehow I didn't notice until now that Jefra's last name is "Bland" That's right up there with Parvati Shallow.
Old 05-01-14, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Tony's only shot is to be sitting next to Kass/Trish at the end. Might still be difficult if some are bitter, but I don't perceive either of them to be well liked and Tony has outperformed them by a long shot.
Old 05-01-14, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
I stopped believing the producers manipulated the game a long time ago. I've seen too many favorites get voted out early and too much eye candy leave to believe the producers keep anyone around. Heck, how many times would a well played idol have made for some great television only to have its owner not play it and go home?
I'm not saying the producers manipulate the voting at tribal - I am saying they create situations that favor certain players - including making idols available when a player needs one the most, creating challenges they have a pretty good idea which players are going to excel at, etc.

If you look back at this season, it's pretty obvious that advantages have 'appeared' to both Tony and Spencer right when they needed them the most. Look at the clue Tony got for the idol last night...usually it's a riddle - this time they told him exactly where it was (granted, it took him a while to find it, but Tony's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed).

Last edited by Shannon Nutt; 05-01-14 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-01-14, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ I'm not one to really buy into the fact they help certain people out, but I did think that clue last night was about as specific as it could be. Of course, we know they haven't been making HIIs too difficult to find, sometimes without a clue at all.
Old 05-01-14, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not saying the producers manipulate the voting at tribal - I am saying they create situations that favor certain players - including making idols available when a player needs one the most, creating challenges they have a pretty good idea which players are going to excel at, etc.

If you look back at this season, it's pretty obvious that advantages have 'appeared' to both Tony and Spencer right when they needed them the most. Look at the clue Tony got for the idol last night...usually it's a riddle - this time they told him exactly where it was (granted, it took him a while to find it, but Tony's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed).
I've started watching every single season of Survivor since the second season. As a general rule I usually tune out when there isn't a likable or interesting person left, I've only gotten to the finale a few times. I keep thinking if what you're saying is true, that would never happen. I realize that each season is different and what I find interesting or likable may not be the same as everyone else, but again, too many likable people get voted off for me to buy that.
Old 05-01-14, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you look back at this season, it's pretty obvious that advantages have 'appeared' to both Tony and Spencer right when they needed them the most.
Tony doesn't need this idol at all right now. If he has to play his super idol next week then you could say that he would need an idol after that, but to say that this idol appeared when he needs it most is silly.
Old 05-01-14, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
^ I'm not one to really buy into the fact they help certain people out, but I did think that clue last night was about as specific as it could be. Of course, we know they haven't been making HIIs too difficult to find, sometimes without a clue at all.
The clue was specific, but any of the seven could have saved their money for a chance at it. The only two people that used their money for a chance at it are the two contestants that people are claiming get advantages. Are they really being given advantages, or are they the only two willing to work hard (outside of challenges) to win?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.