Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supernatural -- "Alex Annie Alexis Ann" -- 4/22/14

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-14, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Supernatural -- "Alex Annie Alexis Ann" -- 4/22/14

"Alex Annie Alexis Ann" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

SHERIFF MILLS TRIES TO SAVE A YOUNG GIRL FROM A VAMPIRE NEST - Sheriff Mills (guest star Kim Rhodes) calls Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) after she kills a vampire who attacked a prisoner named Annie (guest star Katherine Ramdeen). They discover Annie was kidnapped by a family of vampires who use her as bait to lure in humans they can then feed on. Sheriff Mills tries to rescue Annie from her captors, but finds out the hard way that family always comes first. Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Robert Berens (#919).

Episode 19 of 23
Old 04-23-14, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Supernatural -- "Alex Annie Alexis Ann" -- 4/22/14

Boooooooring. Castiel is the best character on this show and episodes without him are terrible.
Old 04-27-14, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Whenever the sheriff is on, all I can look at is her symmetrical moles. I am like Austin Powers, it is literally all I can see when she is on-screen.
Old 04-27-14, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

This felt like one of those regular episodes they normally have to give the principal cast a break. It wasn't that bad as a standalone, though the sheriff's appearance reminds me of how many supporting characters they've killed off over the years.
Old 04-27-14, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After the last few years I feel like these friendly secondary characters are just being developed so they can be killed off at some point.
Old 04-27-14, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I thought this was a good standalone episode. But I've always liked the vampire mythos from the show, which I think is better than the versions seem on a lot of the other vampire stuff these days.

but... the season arc this year is a good one and so I am actually disappointed when an episode turns out to be a standalone that does little or nothing for the arc. (This situation is so different from 2 years ago with Dick and the Leviathans which is a better band name than a season arc.)
Old 04-27-14, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I wonder why they are doing standalones with only a few episodes left and two arcs to deal with.
Old 04-27-14, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well they have two more seasons to fill. I hope they keep the next ep completely standalone so I can just skip it.

I thought this ep was pretty bad. I'm not sure why momma vamp had such an affection for the girl if turning into one is supposed to take all those human feelings away.
Old 04-27-14, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SteelWill
Well they have two more seasons to fill. I hope they keep the next ep completely standalone so I can just skip it.

I figure the current storylines are suppose to be tired up by seasons end. Yet that may not be the case.
Old 04-28-14, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
I figure the current storylines are suppose to be tired up by seasons end. Yet that may not be the case.
Last year started a new three year storyline.

Also, they've had some Gamble-era worthy episodes this year. This one fits right in there. Sigh.
Old 04-30-14, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Yeah, this episode didnt really do anythign for me. Normally I don't mind the standalone episodes, but that was when they had solid minor characters like Bobby and the Harvells. Sheriff Jody, not so much.
Old 04-30-14, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Watched this episode on Monday and it didn't do much for me either. I liked the concept and I've always enjoyed their take on vampires but Sheriff Mills just isn't a very interesting supporting character to base a story around. Her and Garth just remind me of how many better supporting characters they've killed off over the years. Hopefully they don't really lose their marbles and kill off Castiel.
Old 05-09-14, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I guess I'm in the minority. I liked the Sheriff Mills character so I don't mind when she shows up.

My issue is with the show in general, which imo has gone on too long and is simply becoming repetitive. I love the characters, the mythos, etc, but it's getting a bit tiresome after all these years.

I watch now out of obligation rather than actual interest.
Old 05-09-14, 11:04 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Looks like that proposed spinoff was not picked up. Thankfully.
Old 05-09-14, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
Looks like that proposed spinoff was not picked up. Thankfully.
That shit was pretty terrible.
Old 05-09-14, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by Pointyskull
I guess I'm in the minority. I liked the Sheriff Mills character so I don't mind when she shows up.

My issue is with the show in general, which imo has gone on too long and is simply becoming repetitive. I love the characters, the mythos, etc, but it's getting a bit tiresome after all these years.

I watch now out of obligation rather than actual interest.
I think most of the budget these days goes toward paying Jared and Jensen. It's mind-boggling they haven't tried adding a real female lead in the past three seasons. The producers did finally accede to fans' demands by permanently adding Castiel.
Old 05-09-14, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't watched the show in a while, though my friends are MASSIVE fans so I hear about it a lot, but I think while the show has done a really good job expanding the universe (they've gone from hunting things that go bump in the night, to being the deciding factor of wars between heaven and hell), the cast has felt woefully stagnant. Even though this show is always going to come back to the two brothers, I can't help but think I would be more into it if they added permanent cast members as the show went on like Angel and Buffy did. Having more people to mix it up with would probably help the show not having to fall back on the trope of one of the brothers keeping a secret from the other season after season.
Old 05-09-14, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This show is pretty long in the tooth, but ten seasons for a genre series is pretty impressive. It evidently has a hugely obsessive fanbase. Wonder if it'll make it to 11, or past that? I've watched some here and there and found it kind of fun, but I suppose all good things must come to an end.