Reload this Page >

Hawaii Five-O -- "Ku I Ka Pili Koko" -- 4/11/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-11-14, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

FIVE-0 IS SET UP WHEN A BAD TIP LEADS THEM TO AN ABANDONED BUILDING THAT IS RIGGED TO EXPLODE WITH MCGARRETT AND DANNY TRAPPED INSIDE, ON "HAWAII FIVE-0," FRIDAY, APRIL 11

Xzibit Guest Stars as a Prison Informant

"*Ku I Ka Pili Koko" - Five-0 is set up when a bad tip leads them to an abandoned building that is rigged to explode with McGarrett and Danny trapped inside, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, April 11 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Xzibit guest stars as a prison informant.

(*"Ku I Ka Pili Koko" is Hawaiian for "Blood Brothers")

SERIES REGULARS:

Alex O'Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny "Danno" Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)
Chi McBride (Captain Lou Grover)

RECURRING CAST:

Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)
Lili Simmons (Amber Vitale)
Xzibit (JC Dekker)

GUEST CAST:

Byron Mann (Fire Captain Hank Iona)
Terry Chin (Kekoa Hale)
David Gautreaux (James Cobb)
Joseph Kingsly (Marcus Dekker)
Diane Ako (News Reporter)

STORY BY: David Wolkove

TELEPLAY BY: Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt

DIRECTED BY: Maja Vrvilo

Episode 19 of 22
Old 04-12-14, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts
Re: Hawaii Five-O -- "Ku I Ka Pili Koko" -- 4/11/14

Well, it all circles back to Wo Fat. I expect a visit to his holding cell as well as another search for McGarrett's mom. I also expect a not so happy ending to Catherine.
Old 04-12-14, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goddammit, this was a perfect opportunity to kill off Danny, the most annoying asshole New Jersey character outside of Jersey Shore on television. They could have used it to get rid of Kono, too, the subject of the most ludicrous plotline in the history of cop shows. Oh, youv'e fallen in love with and want to openly date the head of the Yakuza organization in Hawaii? Well, I don't know - what's that? He's had a change of heart and wants to go straight? Well, why didn't you say so? We'll just ignore all the many felonies he's committed like murder, drug trafficking, extortion, prostitution, illicit gambling, larceny, etc. After all, he wants to go straight. And if his Yakuza confederates get pissed, you take off all the time you need to protect him. Your'e only 25% of the entire 5-0 taskforce so I'm sure that won't affect our crime fighting activities at all. Hell, we'll just recruit Steve's girlfriend as a fill in. Don't forget to hang on to your 5-0 get out of jail card in case you need to shoot or torture somebody to protect Adam.
This show needs to either dump Danny and Kono and become a real police procedural or it needs to go totally insane with the action stuff and just ignore reality. Either way, they need to kill Danny. I hate that guy.
Old 04-12-14, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Totally did not realize that Danny's new girlfriend was Lili Simmons from Banshee. too bad this is a network TV show.

Of course all roads lead back to Wo Fat. Guess this episode kills the theory that he and Steve are half brothers.

Man, really a shame that Borth is leaving. But since Park is still on the show and is apparently more liked than her, the writers can never use her without forcing her in scenes.
Old 04-13-14, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Danny's girlfriend did a good job of not letting his daughter know about the situation....

because they were seconds away from the scene when Danny got out!!!!