Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Being Human -- Series Finale -- "There Goes the Neighborhood Part III" -- 4/07/14

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Being Human -- Series Finale -- "There Goes the Neighborhood Part III" -- 4/07/14

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-14, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Episode Synopsis: In the series finale, Sally makes a huge sacrifice to keep her vision of Aidan killing Josh from coming true and that, in turn, changes Aidan's life forever as he fights to destroy the house's evil spirit. Meanwhile, Josh and Nora imagine their future roles as parents. Original Air Date: Apr 7, 2014
Guest Cast Helen Colliander: Ramona Benson

Episode 13 of 13

Last episode of the series

If you were living under a rock, SyFy announced around February this would be the final season.

It was a pretty good ride.
Old 04-07-14, 04:38 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Being Human -- Series Finale -- "There Goes the Neighborhood Part III" -- 4/07/14

I'm gonna miss this show. I hope Sam Huntington lands on another show soon.
Old 04-08-14, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Being Human -- Series Finale -- "There Goes the Neighborhood Part III" -- 4/07/14

I figured that's how you would stop an evil house. Normally I'm not big on anything happening to characters yet it works here for a few reasons.
Old 04-08-14, 06:19 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Would have liked to have had more Sally in the final episode, but it was a good series finale. In retrospect, it probably couldn't have ended any better for them.

Interesting note, the two little kids shown at the end, that they named Sally and Aiden are Sam Huntington's real kids. I thought that was a cute touch.
Old 04-08-14, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TGM
Would have liked to have had more Sally in the final episode
I thought the same thing. Being the final and all it would have been nice.
Old 04-08-14, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very solid finale. I don't think it could have ended any better.
Old 04-08-14, 09:09 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

It's pretty clear they knew this was the final Season going into it.

Good episode. Would have liked to have seen more Sally, but oh well.
Old 04-08-14, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo
It's pretty clear they knew this was the final Season going into it.

Good episode. Would have liked to have seen more Sally, but oh well.
At least one of my Monday shows has a happy ending.

Apparently the cast and creators asked to end the show this season. Here a Q and A with Sam Witwear.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Sam-Witw...e-1080176.aspx
Old 04-08-14, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I really thought there would be more to the Kat story. I feel like there was likely bigger plans to in play last year that got wrapped prematurely with this being the final season.
Old 04-08-14, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
I really thought there would be more to the Kat story. I feel like there was likely bigger plans to in play last year that got wrapped prematurely with this being the final season.
I was thinking more would be said about that along with Robby, I guess for Kat it was just over and nothing left to be said.
Old 04-08-14, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,016 Likes on 628 Posts

I'll miss this show. It was a decent finale, though like some of you have said I would have liked to see more Sally.
Old 04-09-14, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

It was a nice send-off for a show that had become very reliable over the years. The BBC version fell apart when the original vampire actor left for greener pastures, but SyFy's version turned out to be its own thing. I thought the show had some life left in it, but I guess the cast was getting too expensive for SyFy's budget and its current ratings. It's one of the few niche cable programs to earn a Blu-ray release.

I thought Being Human really hit its stride when they added Nora to the cast. This was one of the few shows where I liked the entire main cast. It did jerk around from season to season, going in different directions at times.
Old 04-09-14, 09:43 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I can't imagine how this show would be "so expensive". There were only four main cast members, all of which were pretty much unknown, and it's not like they had a ton of special effects going on.
Old 04-09-14, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

I can't imagine how this show would be "so expensive". There were only four main cast members, all of which were pretty much unknown, and it's not like they had a ton of special effects going on.
It was addressed in the TV Guide article earlier. The cast and creators wanted to end the show. Also they had problems finding good actors to work on this show since it's shot in Montreal and all local actors there are mostly French speaking. They would have to fly in people and that cost money.
Old 04-09-14, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It was a nice send-off for a show that had become very reliable over the years. The BBC version fell apart when the original vampire actor left for greener pastures.
Not sure what's with so many actors over there getting bored so quickly. Saying they have done something for years could mean a dozen episodes.

I even wonder if we would notice a lower budget. Also find it going out on a high note vs being too limited.

Then I just thought of another show that was that had their budget lowered and they ended up not doing things they should have done because of budget reasons.
Old 04-09-14, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It was a nice send-off for a show that had become very reliable over the years. The BBC version fell apart when the original vampire actor left for greener pastures, but SyFy's version turned out to be its own thing. I thought the show had some life left in it, but I guess the cast was getting too expensive for SyFy's budget and its current ratings. It's one of the few niche cable programs to earn a Blu-ray release.

I thought Being Human really hit its stride when they added Nora to the cast. This was one of the few shows where I liked the entire main cast. It did jerk around from season to season, going in different directions at times.
I agree with you on the BBC version. I only liked series 1 and 2 of the BBC one. The SyFy remake did have some flaws but overall it turned out better than the BBC one. I also wish this show would get a Blu-Ray release but I don't see it happening.
Old 04-09-14, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by writer106
I agree with you on the BBC version. I only liked series 1 and 2 of the BBC one. The SyFy remake did have some flaws but overall it turned out better than the BBC one. I also wish this show would get a Blu-Ray release but I don't see it happening.
? Both versions of Being Human got full Blu-ray releases.