Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Shameless - Season Finale - "Lazarus" - 4/6/14

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-14, 09:37 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Shameless - Season Finale - "Lazarus" - 4/6/14

Season 4, Episode 12
Episode Synopsis: Season 4 ends with Sheila fighting for custody of the Native American kids and clashing with Sammi over where they will all live once Frank is released. Meanwhile, Fiona passes a drug test, gets released from jail and lands a job at Patsy's Pies with the help of her parole officer; and Frank begins to feel again like his old, troubled self. Original Air Date: Apr 6, 2014
Season finale. Renewed for a 5th season.
Old 04-06-14, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: Shameless - Season Finale - "Lazarus" - 4/6/14

OK, the producers pulled one over on us. Good job. Looking forward to seeing more of "Jack" next season.

I actually thought Frank wouldn't take the drink. Stupid me.
Old 04-06-14, 10:13 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Those fucking liars. The only reason I believe he was dead is because they flat out said he was. I should always stick with no body, no death.
Old 04-06-14, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Hope we can some naked Dichen Lachman next season.
Old 04-07-14, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well then, the episode title took on a new meaning.

Loved that season closer. An end to a season that really didn't deserve such a good caliber closing.
Old 04-07-14, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Very happy that they're bringing Jack Jimmy Steve back. It'll be great to see how they fit him back into the mix.

Seems that Frank is back. That's good. Asshole drunk Frank is more entertaining than dying Frank.

Another good season. I didn't like it as much as previous ones, but good nonetheless.
Old 04-07-14, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Almost didn't recognize Jeffery Dean Morgan, he's now skinny (vs. being beefed up as The Comedian in Watchmen).
Old 04-07-14, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

I honestly think it would have been better and more meaningful for Frank to have died. I love Macey and I love the character but I felt it would have been a better ending for this season and the show.

Bringing Jimmy back is bullshit. My wife and I both groaned when he showed up at the end. Again, I love the character and the actor, but his death/disappeance meant something as a whole for the show. Now it all seems that it was a cheap ploy to toy with emotions again. I'm not looking forward to him and Fiona going around and around all over again for the umpteenth time.
Old 04-07-14, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Apparently, none of the cast knew Justin Chatwin was coming back, they were put in separate hotels when filming in Chicago.

So, is Jimmy under witness protection? Is the chick in the driver's seat a federal agent/Jimmy's protection? Guess we'll find out next season...
Old 04-07-14, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Originally Posted by alfredog1976

So, is Jimmy under witness protection? Is the chick in the driver's seat a federal agent/Jimmy's protection? Guess we'll find out next season...
Yeah, FWPP is what I was thinking, too.

He has a new name, "Jack," and the women who was driving the car didn't seem to be a wife/girlfriend/fiance.
Old 04-07-14, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's bullshit they bought jimmy/steve/jack back. I don't think it's witness protection. Seem more like his old self, using a fake name and a nice car with a chick.
Old 04-07-14, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Holy shit, Jimmy is back! Fucking awesome.
Old 04-08-14, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i didnt mind seeing jimmy..., thought it was a nice moment with fiona and lip on the steps..
wouldn't have minded seeing frank die off this season though... and i though the new daughter was a good add to the cast this season..

overall a decent year i'd give it a B.
Old 04-08-14, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great ending. I love how Frank is forever Frank. When the chips are down, he comes through for his family... When the chips are really down, he's a selfish fuck that care only about himself.
Old 04-08-14, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Good season, but I'm mixed on this episode.

I think they either kill Frank or get him to change (ie. give up alcohol). I thought that was the point to the kid dying in the hospital and him imagining it was Fiona. If Frank doesn't change then I fail to see the point of that.

So they add a gunshot sound to the recap of the previous season when Jimmy boards the boat (even though it wasn't in the original episode), and then have him show up at the end. A little too much effort trying to fool people.
Old 04-08-14, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral

I think they either kill Frank or get him to change (ie. give up alcohol). I thought that was the point to the kid dying in the hospital and him imagining it was Fiona. If Frank doesn't change then I fail to see the point of that.

So they add a gunshot sound to the recap of the previous season when Jimmy boards the boat (even though it wasn't in the original episode), and then have him show up at the end. A little too much effort trying to fool people.
I thought there was a gunshot sound in the original Jimmy scene.
Old 04-08-14, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think we'll ever see any real emotional growth in Frank. The point of that scene was to show that Frank knows when he does bad. Subconsciously, he feels guilty about those things. Ultimately though, he's just too selfish to care enough to change.

I'm sure the series will end with him dying but I don't except him to change one bit.
Old 04-08-14, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I thought there was a gunshot sound in the original Jimmy scene.
Nope was only added to recap.
Old 04-08-14, 01:58 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm not surprised they brought Jimmy back. Chatwin's name kept popping up in the credits of the episode guide every week so I was often thinking he'd appear out of the blue at some point this season. Looks like it happened at the last possible moment.

Overall a decent season. I am growing tired of Frank though. Seems like they don't know what to do with him -- I wish they'd make up their minds.
Old 04-08-14, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, I must have been reaaally "messed up" Sunday night because I watched the whole episode and don't remember Jimmy coming back at the end.

Anyway, I've loved this whole season as the show really seemed to grow up and take on some new and interesting storylines. I totally agree with Coral though that they ruined a lot of that this episode. I've enjoyed seeing Frank confront his mortality this season, and I think it kind of sucks he seems to be going back to his old ways.

And Jimmy? The show was doing well without him. I would rather they move forward, not back.

Still, this was an excellent season and I have faith they will keep it interesting in number 5.
Old 04-08-14, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Nausicaa
Wow, I must have been reaaally "messed up" Sunday night because I watched the whole episode and don't remember Jimmy coming back at the end.
He showed up in a scene 5 seconds after the credits started rolling. If you tuned out as soon as the credits started to roll - then that's how you missed it.
Every season there are 4 or 5 episodes that have an extra scene tacked on shortly after the credits roll.
Old 06-13-14, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
Holy shit, Jimmy is back! Fucking awesome.
Just caught up with this. This is exactly what I was thinking. And I didn't even know about this beforehand.