Reload this Page >

Parenthood -- "Fraud Alert" -- 3/27/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-27-14, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

WHILE SOME BRAVERMAN'S CELEBRATE, OTHERS STRUGGLE TO KEEP SPIRITS HIGH- Joel (Sam Jaeger) and Sarah (Lauren Graham) celebrate the completion of their work projects, but Max (Max Burkholder) has low morale after his school field trip ended with some bitter feelings so Adam (Peter Krause) takes him on an adventure to clear his head. Sydney (Savannah Paige Rae) and Victor (Xolo Mariduena) are also struggling to stay positive, so Amber (Mae Whitman) tries to surprise them with a new activity. Also starring- Monica Potter, Erika Christensen, Dax Shepard, Joy Bryant, Craig T. Nelson, Bonnie Bedelia, Miles Heizer, Tyree Brown. Guest Staring- Sonya Walger and Jason Ritter. TV-14 L

Read more: Listings - PARENTHOOD on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2xDcv1dRy

Episode 19 of 22
Old 03-27-14, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Parenthood -- "Fraud Alert" -- 3/27/14

Well that was a misdirect on the Cyr angle.
Old 03-28-14, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was that the first instance of vaginal lube being prominently featured on prime time?
Old 03-28-14, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ending - felt like a classic Parenthood episode. And finally, Joel expresses why he is so mad at Julia - but still, Julia predictably refuses to defend herself and instead decides to go on a date with Ed?

And what was up with Mr. Cyr? Who does that? Was he just rubbing it in her face as basically a "fuck you, bitch"?
Old 03-29-14, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The way I see it, it wasn't meant to be a FU by Cyr. It was meant to be he's such a nice guy and wouldn't want her to be blindsided. But the whole inviting her to dinner just to tell her, with no preamble about why the dinner? I'm with you on, "Who does that?"
Old 03-29-14, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, good episode.

As I mentioned before, my wife hates Sarah, so that scene with her and Julia, I commented to my wife, so there you see one is a lawyer and successful woman and can't have the one man she loves. And the other is Sarah, and three men are fighting for her.

I know, it wasn't like that with Cyr at the end, but still.
Old 03-30-14, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

And finally, Joel expresses why he is so mad at Julia - but still, Julia predictably refuses to defend herself and instead decides to go on a date with Ed?
That bugged me at the end. It finally came out to the realization to Julia by Joel that it's not the act that pissed him off, it's her lack of trying when the shoe got put on the other foot. And his answer to her forced question was that he's not ready to just sweep it under the rug or it'll just end up happening again.

And she ends up hanging out with Ed? Welp, I guess she made her choice on that to not even address or tackle the real issue.