Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Taxi Brooklyn (NBC) - Series Thread (From Producer of Las Vegas) - Premieres 6/25/14

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Taxi Brooklyn (NBC) - Series Thread (From Producer of Las Vegas) - Premieres 6/25/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-14, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

NBC has acquired the U.S. broadcast rights to EuropaCorp Television‘s Taxi Brooklyn for a summer debut. The 12-episode action/comedy series is produced by showrunner Gary Scott Thompson (Las Vegas, The Fast And The Furious) and based on Luc Besson‘s Taxi feature franchise. It stars Grey’s Anatomy alumna Chyler Leigh and Jacky Ido (Inglourious Basterds). Former Blue Bloods co-star Jennifer Esposito, Ally Walker (Profiler), James Colby (Person Of Interest), Bill Heck (Pan Am), Jose Zuniga (Body Of Proof) and Raul Casso (Blue Bloods) round out the cast. Formerly known as Taxi: Brooklyn South, Taxi Brooklyn was shot in English in the titular borough along with Manhattan and Queens. Leigh plays Detective Caitlyn “Cat” Sullivan, who is determined to find the truth about the death of her father, an NYPD detective who was killed in the line of duty. When her stubborn character and recklessness behind the wheel see her demoted to foot patrol, she teams with the highly skilled and charming Marseille-born cabbie Leo Romba. Realizing Leo lied on his immigration form, Cat offers him a deal: in exchange for his driving prowess and taxi, she will help Leo with his papers situation. He becomes her personal driver and police consultant as they race through the streets of New York City solving cases.

Among the series directors are Olivier Megaton (Taken 2) and the helmer of three films in Besson’s Taxi franchise, Gerard Krawczyk. Exec producers are Edouard de Vesinne, Thomas Anargyros and Thompson. The series hails from EuropaCorp Television with the participation of France’s TF1 which starts airing the series April 14. Thompson says, “After over a hundred episodes of Las Vegas on NBC, and The Fast And Furious at Universal, it’s a happy home coming for me. I’m very pleased NBC recognized our show’s potential, and I look forward to working with them on Taxi Brooklyn.”

Besson has produced four Taxi films. The original, about a Marseille cabbie who inadvertently gets involved in fighting crime, was helmed by Gérard Pirès and became a smash hit when it was released in 1998. It sold over 6M tickets in France and spawned three sequels and a U.S. remake. In 2000, Krawcyzk took over directing the franchise, and Taxi 2 became the top-grossing movie of the year with over 10M admissions. The latter two films were also in the Top 10 in 2003 and 2007. Each starred Samy Naceri and Frédéric Diefenthal. Oscar winner Marion Cotillard appeared in the first three films.

Coming this summer. This is based on Besson's Taxi movies.
Old 03-26-14, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: Taxi Brooklyn (NBC) -- New Action comedy from Luc Besson & creator of Las Vegas

No Queen Latifah? No Jimmy Fallon? Sold.
Old 06-13-14, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Taxi Brooklyn (NBC) -- New Action comedy from Luc Besson & creator of Las Vegas

1st promo

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/NnzsPC/widget/select/PINbFVJqDW_P" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" seamless="seamless" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Here's the synopsis:

Chyler Leigh stars as hard-as-nails Det. Caitlyn "Cat" Sullivan, a woman hell-bent on finding her father's killer. After she's demoted to foot patrol for reckless driving, disobeying orders and personality conflicts, Cat meets taxi driver Leo Romba (Jacky Ido). A highly skilled driver, Leo is a charming French African from Marseille. Realizing Leo lied on his immigration forms, Cat offers him a deal: In exchange for his driving skills and taxi, she will help Leo with his immigration problem. In order to stay out of prison and avoid deportation, Leo agrees to partner with Cat and quickly becomes her personal driver, consultant and friend as they race through the streets of New York solving cases and trying to uncover the mystery behind her father's murder.
http://www.nbc.com/taxi-brooklyn

Premieres June 25th at 10pm

Remember this is a French series that was shot in English.

Luc Besson's production company EuropaCorp is behind this show. He isn't involved with this series.
Old 06-13-14, 05:04 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
No Queen Latifah? No Jimmy Fallon? Sold.
Old 06-13-14, 05:09 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

I've always wanted to see the original Besson ones, but never came to DVD in the States right? Looks better than the Jimmy Fallon movie.
Old 06-13-14, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

I want to see this played straight, in the SVU vein.
Old 06-13-14, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The original taxi was great. The sequels were enjoyable enough too. I thought this story would make a good series but considering it's on NBC regardless of if it's good or not it will last only one season.
Old 06-25-14, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Premieres tonight on NBC.

"PILOT"

06/25/2014 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) : Hardass Detective Caitlyn "Cat" Sullivan (Chyler Leigh), a woman hell-bent on finding her father's killer, is demoted to foot patrol for reckless driving, disobeying orders, and personality conflicts. Cat arrests Marseille born taxi driver Leo Romba (Jacky Ido), a highly skilled driver with a past. Accused of being a wheelman in a bank robbery, Leo begs Cat to make a deal: in exchange for proving his innocence, he will provide her with his driving skills and taxi. The unlikely partnership grows into friendship as they investigate a series of robberies, and Leo becomes Cat's confidant in her personal investigation of her father's murder. Also Starring: Raul Casso, James Colby, Jennifer Esposito, Bill Heck, Caterina Murino, Ally Walker and Jose Zuniga TV-14 V

It's a 12 episode season

The Pilot is directed by Olivier Megaton. He directs several episodes in season 1

This will be the thread for the entire season

Last edited by DJariya; 06-25-14 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-25-14, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Taxi Brooklyn (NBC) - Series Thread (From Producer of Las Vegas) - Premieres 6/25

No faith in the series that it is already decided to just have one thread for the whole season?

I'll watch tonights but think it might be one of those series that just stops airing after 3 episodes.
Old 06-26-14, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Taxi Brooklyn (NBC) - Series Thread (From Producer of Las Vegas) - Premieres 6/25

Basically to make a long story short, this is an action-comedy police procedural. It had some humor and fun moments, but it was filled with police show cliches most of you have seen before.

The underlying mystery as most shows like this have is Cat, the main character, trying to find out who killed her Dad, who was a cop. The cab driver element and Cat not being allowed to drive is a little ridiculous, but Jacky Ido was funny and had charm.

Who would have thought Ally Walker would be playing the mother of a 30 something woman.

It's fluff entertainment for the summer. I can't imagine talking about this series week to week, but it's watchable for a summer series.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-26-14 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-27-14, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not watch, when I saw the trailers it reminded me of something that would have been on SCTV, there is another show on NBC that is about lawyers, that has Andrea Martin so I know that it is SCTV. NBC has run out of ideas.
Old 06-27-14, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by movie diva
I did not watch, when I saw the trailers it reminded me of something that would have been on SCTV, there is another show on NBC that is about lawyers, that has Andrea Martin so I know that it is SCTV. NBC has run out of ideas.
This is actually a 100% French produced and financed series. NBC had nothing to do with this other than buying the rights to air it. More networks are buying foreign financed shows to fill timeslots cheaply.
Old 06-27-14, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by movie diva
The funny part about that other show is that NBC is running ads for it billing Andrea Martin as the star, as if anyone under 35 would even know who the hell she is.
Old 06-27-14, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

You can tell this kind of show would air in the Summer.
Old 06-27-14, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

I thought it was awful. If there was something good about it it might be interesting.
Old 07-03-14, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ugh i really wanted this to be good. The story i think could work in a show format but they went about this the wrong way. Finally someone puked in his taxi after a ride though! Other than that I don't think i can give this a third try.